Vaping Lung Disease Outbreak: the TRUTH.

Status
Not open for further replies.

vaper1960

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2019
California, US
Great video. Anything "black market" has always had risks. Not just "that stuff" but many other kinds of "stuff". Made wrong, bad ingredients, bad techniques, or just plain idiots making it. And, none of this has anything to do with e-cig vaping with nicotine. Totally different subject. Good that the truth is out... spread the word.

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
@AttyPops , the Wisconsin Dept. of Health Services have specifically determined "that" stuff as the cause here.

Released today: Majority of Wisconsin Lung Disease Patients Who Reported Vaping Cite ... Products

WDHS is, as of today, warning everyone to stop vaping even though the specifics of those with issues is that "other" stuff and as they say in the release possible "other" unknowns. In other words "from the street".

It explains the geographic clustering. Same thing seen in other drugs of abuse. Could even be the same primary source distributing through different supply lines and hitting other states in their clusters as well.

Gathering and validating this type of epidemiological information takes some time. Truth is, this is pretty quick. I'm sure the media attention forced early release of this statement. An outbreak of any type of illness, whether chemically induced, infectious illness, whatever, you want to assemble as much accurate information as possible before committing to an explanation and course of action, because if you call it too soon or wrong, more people get sick and die because you jumped the gun. And most of these data are coming from interviews, so what's told may or may not be accurate as what teen wants to admit to anything they shouldn't do?

Most important is finding a way to get some actual samples of what's being sold and testing for the actual chemical/adulterant as the source of this.

stratus.vaping

ECF Veteran
Sep 11, 2018
UK & much further East.
I bet on a solvent being present in quantity, or crap chemistry, or both.

In July I saw some Insta ads promoting vape carts in UK supposedly with that other molecule in that were "cheaper than street", found an NHS article below at the time that shows that they contained a well known synthetic, some cases of collapse in Manchester UK area caused by it .. Lots of rubbish on the street.

Durn the URL of the article contains words that may not be spoken.

Look for a Greater Manchester Health & Social Care Partnership | Devolution article from 16th July "Health Warning..."

440BB

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 19, 2011
The Motor City
I believe most of the non-nicotine substances being used are an oil in one form or another, something we vapers would see as dangerous in and of itself. An otherwise benign substance in oil form or an oil base becomes be harmful.

GOMuniEsq

Self-Proclaimed Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 25, 2012
Alberta, Canada
Seems pretty straightforward to me. The lungs are a series of branching tubes terminating at the alveoli which are only one cell thick. Plug those up with oil and you're going to have a bad time. Just imagine that waxy residue that collects on the fume hood of your stove, in your lungs. Never not vape water-miscible.

• Optimistic
Reactions: HigherStateD

gpjoe

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 30, 2013
Up North
Trust in the news media and journalism in general is at an all-time low in the US right now. This is just a sensationalized load of BS being run purely for ratings with no basis in fact.

I have been vaping for over 6 years and feel great. My cardiologist suggested vaping over smoking as a means of harm reduction.

Besides all that, why are the "patients" young adults and kids? The same group that take the "Tide pod challenge"...or eat a spoonful of cinnamon...or participate in numerous other ridiculous activities for attention on youtube.

This is fake news at it's finest.

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
There are kids sick on ventilators in hospitals with deaths. That's a fact, not fake. That it's related to something they're vaping which they got off the street and used for non-nicotine substances is a fact, not fake. The advice to teens and young adults to just plain not vape, let alone crap bought off the street is sound advice which is exactly the same as offered by members here every single day when a new non-smoking member shows up here. That's a fact, not fake.

Every mainstream media piece I've seen has stated the association of this with substances we can't name bought in non-traditional nicotine related vape stuff. That's a fact, not fake.

Just because you don't like something, or don't agree with a finding because it goes against personal belief, is not fake. That's blind dogmatic faith without any evidence to support the claim.

United States

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 17, 2018
RVA
So kids decide to vape motor oil, yet somehow it's the fault of the e-cig?
Nice.

I guess it's the stoves fault I burnt my finger touching the hot pan too? Lets ban cook top stoves. They cause the innocent to become obesce and have potential to start a grease fire because the user chose to watch tv while frying bacon.

My freezer is at fault for my obescity because it contains the ice cream THAT I CHOSE TO PUT IN IT……

Same thing when lame brainers choose to put who knows what in the tank of their vape device.

GOMuniEsq

Self-Proclaimed Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 25, 2012
Alberta, Canada
Most anything useful or interesting can also be dangerous. And there is always going to be a small number of fools who find a way to hurt themselves. When that happens it's not a tragedy, it's a public service so others will know what not to do. Build something that's foolproof and they invent a better fool, so don't waste your time trying too hard.

United States

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 17, 2018
RVA
Most anything useful or interesting can also be dangerous. And there is always going to be a small number of fools who find a way to hurt themselves. When that happens it's not a tragedy, it's a public service so others will know what not to do. Build something that's foolproof and they invent a better fool, so don't waste your time trying too hard.

^^ Evel Knievel approves that post^^

DeloresRose

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2014
toledo ohio
I agree with them on many points. But when they start preaching that salts are evil and nobody needs 50 mgs and ‘a subohm with 6 msg worked for me so that’ll work for everyone ‘ and if you never smoked quit vaping, they lost me. Judgements and condescending.

vaper1960

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2019
California, US
Build something that's foolproof and they invent a better fool, so don't waste your time trying too hard.
I totally agree!
I agree with them on many points. But when they start preaching that salts are evil and nobody needs 50 mgs and ‘a subohm with 6 msg worked for me so that’ll work for everyone ‘ and if you never smoked quit vaping, they lost me. Judgements and condescending.
Also agree with that. I am what I call a "freedom fighter"... and that includes being free to do stupid things.
For 12 years I lived close to Yosemite Nat Park. Many stories in the local news about tourist falling off waterfalls. Water falls... get too close and you fall too. Most of them were swimming too close and they didn't even know how to swim. Do we blame the waterfall? Do we build safety fences around every waterfall (and river/creek)? Sure would ruin all the beautiful nature pictures. Maybe just require an IQ test to even enter the Park. People are destined to do stupid things... "human nature" and all.

gerrymi

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2013
The 'Burgh, PA.
Anything "black market" has always had risks. Not just "that stuff" but many other kinds of "stuff". Made wrong, bad ingredients, bad techniques, or just plain idiots making it.

Will we ever learn???

1920-1933...Prohibition...people bought alcohol on the "black market" (speakeasies, etc.)...NO regulation...methyl (wood) alcohol => blindness...

2019...Wisconsin...NO sale of ejuice to anyone under 18 y.o....under 18-ers buy ejuice on the "black market"...NO regulation...admitted to hospitals with lung illnesses...

sofarsogood

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2014
The investigators are holding out on us to the detriment of public health. They got a sample of the bad liquid early on. They know what's in there. They have a bunch of victims too question. The question they ask, who gave you this stuff? They follow the leads. There are plenty of them. They will get to the bottom of it and probably have already. I predict we will learn the pods and liquid came from China, same as the Fentenol. You don't want to buy things you ingest from anonimous people because if there's a problem may be you can't find them.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread