• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Vaping in public in Canada

Status
Not open for further replies.

KillFace

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2012
Toronto, On.
I vape everywhere in downtown TO. In union station, in the PATH, on the GO train. Most people just ignore you and a few ask you about it.

I was very nervous at firsthand cautious about hiding it,but that didn't last long.

Rachelcoffe is right, it's all about not being a jerk. I love explaining it to curious people. Who knows, you just might save a life.

OTOH, is someone is being a jerk after having it explained to them, they're open season IMO.

CSB time.

I had a security guard at the bus station in Brampton give me a hard time because I was vaping OUTSIDE but in a non smoking area. I calmly explained that no, this is not smoke, etc. he wouldn't listen and kept saying, "Well, it LOOKS like smoke." I told him "appearances can sure be deceiving, you know. You looked like you could have been an intelligent person before you opened your mouth."

Oh man did he get mad. He went in and got his supervisor who came out, I explained what it was, and he gave the guard shiat..

Such delicious schadenfreude.

Last edited:

erictho

ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2011
Edmonton
i live, work, and play in downtown edmonton and i vape pretty much everywhere. the only place i have not yet tried to vape is in a restaurant, i rarely eat out and really haven't felt the need to quite yet.
bars i've been to have been awesome, venues have been awesome. i've vaped while waiting for the train and no one has asked me to stop. just forget you have the ability to be shy, and be prepared to explain that you use a vaporizer. i've never had any conflict yet.

DemonCleaner

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 10, 2010
Calgary, Alberta. Canada
i live, work, and play in downtown edmonton and i vape pretty much everywhere. the only place i have not yet tried to vape is in a restaurant, i rarely eat out and really haven't felt the need to quite yet.
bars i've been to have been awesome, venues have been awesome. i've vaped while waiting for the train and no one has asked me to stop. just forget you have the ability to be shy, and be prepared to explain that you use a vaporizer. i've never had any conflict yet.
Not suprising. I use to live in the beautiful river city. People in Edmonton seem to be alot cooler than in most other cities. They're liberal, but not in a pretentious hippy type of Vancouver way. Calgary is a bunch of rednecks and blowhards. Let's see how many different cities I can alienate....

erictho

ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2011
Edmonton
weird. i'm an edmonton-lifer (born and raised), and i thought we had a lot of rednecks, blowhards, and pretentious liberal hippies as well (though we do have a rapidly growing really cool hippy community here). but i have been fortunate with my vaping adventures and i haven't had the chance to really visit many other canadian cities and thus unable to find this out. :(
but ya. calgary seems like edmonton with more oddly shaped buildings and less river valley. so while i'm not a huge fan of the edmonton/calgary rivalry, i find the river valley to be the saving grace of this city. thank goodness the weather is turning! i can see the ledge grounds from my windows and have a short 3 block walk to the valley. <3

renthepen

ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2012
Canada
Everywhere, all the time. When in doubt; ask.
Especially enjoy in the check out line at the Superstore with a coffee.

lol
I can imagine the crowd around you, giving you a look of disapproval. No one ever say anything? I'm suprised.

disapproval.jpg

Pipeous

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 22, 2011
Surrey, BC, Canada
www.madpro.ca
I fly the flag proud. I pull out my pv at the steak house etc. anywhere anytime. I don't mind explaining. never had a bad response once I explain. it's all in the way we come across. and never been told I can't do it. I do show off the pot belly quitting smoking has brought me and that's usually a good ice breaker haha

and if I am a pretentious hippy, wait I am.... is that how the bigotted rednecks view us carefree people? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread