Vaping Heavy in Austin TX

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello, I'm Milky! I'm 24, and I've been vaping for about two years. I had been smoking cigarettes since I was 15. I was a very, very heavy smoker. I would chain smoke, wake and bake, the works. I wanted to stop my addiction, and bought a vape. I'm proud to say I've only had half of two cigarettes since then!
I got my vape at zeecigs on 620 in Austin Texas. Its a small local store with an amazing staff. The owner walked me and my mom ( who was funding my vape ) through all the ends and outs of vaping. My mom, who had been a hard sell, was suddenly very confident and on board.
I use an iStick eLeaf with an Aspire Nautilus tank. I use the vape liquid that they make locally at the zeecig store. The flavors are okay, but I'm interested in finding stronger flavored liquids online.
The flavors I like are pretty strict. I only like fruits, menthol, and flowers. I really hate chocolate, cream, and vanilla flavors. But I'm interested in the liquids that taste like cereal.

I've recently wanted to experience a harsher hit from my vape. I have it on the highest settings, but I'm watching a better scratch at the back of my throat. How can I make my vape hit harder?

There are lots of brands that sell cereal inspired e-juice. Which is your favorite? What does it taste like?

Can anyone recommend some e-juice brands that are super fruity, sour, and sweet? My dream e-juice is a sour blue raspberry. I havent found one yet.

I'm excited to join the site because I'm constantly vaping! I have no one around me that uses them, they just don't trust them yet. Since I'm a heavy user I think I might have some good insights and feedback. But I still have a lot to learn!

Sir2fyablyNutz

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 22, 2015
West Virginia, USA
HI Milky and welcome to the forum. You have a lot to learn and this is the place.

A list of symptoms when quitting tobacco and changing to an ecigarette

E-cigarettes around 95% less harmful than tobacco estimates landmark review - Press releases - GOV.UK

First the "throat hit" can be increased by raising the pg content of your juice. PG is the flavor carrier and adds to the throat hit. VG is the vapor carrier and is more sweet than PG. If you're wanting throat hit go for 50pg/50vg juice. The other way to raise throat hit is to increase nicotine (if the level you're vaping now is keeping you off the stinky's you do not need to raise the nicotine). Getting a more advanced tank can also help increase the throat hit as it will increase the volume of juice vaporized. Another way to save money is to get a tank where you can make your own coils (like Kanger Subtank - Toptank Mini ...search you tube for videos on coil building)

I DIY my own juices so I can't recommend a cereal vape as yet and haven't been too impressed with teh ones I have tried... If you're a heavy user DIY juice is something I'd suggest looking into. We have a large DIY section in the forum :DIY E-Liquid (look for some you tube videos on how to make your own juice and read EVERYTHING you can BEFORE thinking to start DIY)

You might look at a couple recipe websites for a juice, they will have ingredients listed so you can see what you're vaping. Le DIY pour les Nuls - Recettes DIY - Trucs et Astuces. <--French site, translate in lower left, search in upper right.
"e-liquid-recipes" <---google for the web site, search upper left.

Searching for a juice can be a frustrating part of vape. I don't have an ADV (all day vape) and switch between a half dozen flavors each day.

Juice can be economically purchased. Vape Moar, Mech Sauce, and others are 120 ml for $20. You can also check out this link :Deals and Steals (check out last couple pages in thread for sales, especially around holidays)

Good luck and congrats on your journey.

Thank you so much!! I've never had the PG/VG explained to me that way. I've tried my hand at making my own liquid, but it tasted really nasty and I didnt know more PG would help my problem.
I'm going to check out all those links. I'm not giving up on making my own liquid yet.
What kind of more advanced tank would you recommend for a harder hit? I won't make my own coils, I know I'll just get frustrated and do it wrong.

Reactions: LouisLeBeau
Hello and welcome to the forum... My favorite cereal flavor is strawberry cereal from captive creations. Its max VG and tasty as can be.... Also look into sick boy liquid they have a drip line of juices that sound like they are right up your alley.
Sick Boy Liquid sounds like a brand I'll like a lot. lol. Thanks! I havent seen this brand before.

Reactions: LouisLeBeau

Sir2fyablyNutz

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 22, 2015
West Virginia, USA
Thank you so much!! I've never had the PG/VG explained to me that way. I've tried my hand at making my own liquid, but it tasted really nasty and I didnt know more PG would help my problem.
I'm going to check out all those links. I'm not giving up on making my own liquid yet.
What kind of more advanced tank would you recommend for a harder hit? I won't make my own coils, I know I'll just get frustrated and do it wrong.
I would suggest looking at a few you tube videos on coil building for the Kanger Subtank Mini. Building coils is really easy and CHEAP.

You are limited by the power your mod puts out.

If you're using the 30 watt iStick then a tank with the .5 ohm coils should work (but will be on the lower power setting with factory coils). If you learn to make your own coils the the .5 in the rba (rebuildable deck) will work fine. If you have the 50 watt iStick (or even the 100 watt) then you can look at the tanks like the Uwell Crown, Kanger Toptank, Smok TFV4 (need at least 60 watts for this one).

Also the more power used the faster the batteries will deplete and need recharged. You will also consume twice the juice in a Subtank than you do with the Nautilus. You will also need to cut the nicotine level in half to Sub ohm due to the increased volume. Most people sub ohm at 3 mg or less but 6mg is the normal high end average for nic.

If I were you I'd go the route of raising the pg in the juice first.... learn to diy (read EVERYTHING first)... then go sub ohm/higher gear... it's a journey, not a race :)

LouisLeBeau

Shenaniganery Jedi! Too naughty for Sin Bin
ECF Veteran
Jul 23, 2013
Hi @milky_ and welcome to the ECF Forums! Besides going to a higher PG for more Throat Hit, I find that CITRIC flavors really do that for me too. Strong limes, lemons and pineapples feel like NAILS hitting the back of my throat.

I hope you find the perfect setup real quick. Going from that many cigs to vaping is difficult, and I'm VERY proud of you! Looking forward to seeing you around!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread