Vaper's Tongue/Taste Duds?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rusty S.

ECF Veteran
Feb 7, 2013
Kitsap County, Washington State
Hi everyone!

I've been reading posts on this, so I think I understand that I've got Vaper's Tongue. It's been rough.

I started off by buying a bunch of bottles of liquid from madvapes, and was dismayed that if I got any taste at all, it was awful. They're well-rated, so I was pretty surprised. I didn't know about VT, so I chalked it up to a bad purchase and put them in the back of the drawer.

I bought a bottle of cinnamon flavored stuff, and started adding it to the madvapes stuff so I could get some flavor, but I worry that the cinnamon may have made me jittery. Don't know if that happens, or if it was something else affecting me. Anyway, I put the cinnamon away and decided to try something else.

I went to a B&M nearby and got some Orange Dreamsicle, which started off bland, but after a couple of days, I can actually taste it - huzzah!

Then I got cocky and went back to the B&M and bought some Volcano Milk Chocolate, which is also well-rated. I filled my clearo, ready for chocolate bliss, and got a mouthful of chemical flavor. Bear in mind, this is supposed to be good stuff. To make things worse, I had some friends of mine who don't smoke or vape try it, and they said it tasted like chocolate, so I know it's my problem, not Volcano's. After trying it for a couple of hours, it didn't get better, so I gave up.

I put the Dreamsicle back on, and although the flavor's more faint than it was before I tried the chocolate, at least I can taste something.

So, after such a long-winded post, the question I have is: while I'm getting my taste buds back, will some flavors work better than others? I like French Vanilla and Dreamsicle, but I'm not thrilled about being stuck with them forever, especially with that bottle of Milk Chocolate, and all of the great flavors I bought from madvapes waiting for me.

Any idea how long the process will take? I smoked for thirty years, so I understand some damage has been done. All the same, patience is one of those virtues I didn't have the patience to stand in line for when they were handing it out.

Thanks!

gjshaw29

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 6, 2012
Boise, Idaho
Three things came to my mind while reading your post. 1) Maybe your juices need to steep? Basically means putting your juice in a dark place for a few days to as long as a month. 2) Could be your clearos...I've always gotten muted flavor when using a clearo. I prefer cartos a lot more. 3) Are you drinking enough water? Vaping dehydrates you, and water will also help ya clear out all those nasty toxins from the ciggies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread