• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Vapers In Power is a registered political party.

Status
Not open for further replies.

balbecdaze

Nov 29, 2013
Bristol, UK
Some of you may remember UKVIP from a few months ago – well its now called Vapers In Power and is an actual, official, registered political party!

The website can be found at www.vapersinpower.co.uk where you will find bios of myself (Liam Bryan – Bristol candidate), our Party Leader (Matthew James), our Chair (Jessica Harding), our Strategy Adviser (Peter Gill), our Treasurer (Garry Dibley) and our Barnsley candidate (Russell VR Ord).

We have gone through the hoops of registering so that we will exist as a body which can talk about vapourisers in the media (and directly to the electorate) if the worst of the TPD comes to pass.

We're not thinking we can get elected – personally I think the political system is broken, and anyway I'm not even sure a single-issue party should get elected – we exist to take advantage of the freedom of expression afforded to political parties.

We've got this far thanks to donations from Vapers but we're not asking for donations now, in fact we messed up last time people donated because we hadn't thought it through properly and hadn't setup a proper bank account. We've learnt our lesson though and this time we're trying to do things properly – hence we're also registered with the public register of data controllers (reg no A8004359).

You can “Stay Informed” via the button on our website, and we'll keep you up-to-date.

Our plans are to field candidates in the May elections and use the opportunity that provides to promote vaping. There have been some very positive moves recently but the future of vaping is still very much up for grabs.

Thanks for reading, if you have any questions, well, you know what to do!

Last edited:

terry w

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2012
Manchester UK
Some of you may remember UKVIP from a few months ago – well its now called Vapers In Power and is an actual, official, registered political party!

The website can be found at www.vapersinpower.co.uk where you will find bios of myself (Liam Bryan – Bristol candidate), our Party Leader (Matthew James), our Chair (Jessica Harding), our Strategy Adviser (Peter Gill), our Treasurer (Garry Dibley) and our Barnsley candidate (Russell VR Ord).

We have gone through the hoops of registering so that we will exist as a body which can talk about vapourisers in the media (and directly to the electorate) if the worst of the TPD comes to pass.

We're not thinking we can get elected – personally I think the political system is broken, and anyway I'm not even sure a single-issue party should get elected – we exist to take advantage of the freedom of expression afforded to political parties.

We've got this far thanks to donations from Vapers but we're not asking for donations now, in fact we messed up last time people donated because we hadn't thought it through properly and hadn't setup a proper bank account. We've learnt our lesson though and this time we're trying to do things properly – hence we're also registered with the public register of data controllers (reg no A8004359).

You can “Stay Informed” via the button on our website, and we'll keep you up-to-date.

Our plans are to field candidates in the May elections and use the opportunity that provides to promote vaping. There have been some very positive moves recently but the future of vaping is still very much up for grabs.

Thanks for reading, if you have any questions, well, you know what to do!

I think this is just what us vapers need, Very well done,and good luck to your party.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread