• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Vaper's from Manitoba get in here

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlondieLocs

ECF Veteran
Aug 24, 2009
Calgary, AB Canada
And speaking of which... Just read your "new vaper in Canada" thread, where you mentioned you were looking for "Clubhouse". FYI, you want to stay away from most of them.... they contain oil which will gunk up your attys. There are a few vendors online in Canada that sell DIY flavourings. Check them out....

AND lelly, your friendly neighbour, just so happens to have a bunch of DIY stuff and other juices she wants to get rid off. I'm guessing she tried it and didn't like it... Check out her thread here: http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/canada-classifieds/156691-juices.html#post2560510

Swede

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 28, 2011
Canada
Hi lelly,

I'm close to Brandon. I used to live in Winnipeg until about year ago, but don't make it back that way very often anymore. Sure is nice to see that a few other people in the province have taken the step.

I'm kind of curious, has your vaping influenced anyone else you know to start?(or quit, depending on how you look at it )

lelly

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2010
Manitoba, Canada
Is 5 enough for a meet? lol.

I hope that I have converted some. I work at a bar and usually spend half my night explaining what my pv is and where you can get them. I am working on getting my hubby switched too. Although I don't think he is ready to give up the analogs, he does enjoy vaping and sampling all of my flavor creations, lol. It is funny to see someone guess what something is without telling them. Apparantly the similarities of my DIY flavors to their food couterparts is all in my head, lol.

Swede

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 28, 2011
Canada
Hey lelly,

Have you tried any of the canadian tobacco diy flavors to mix with unflavored nic juice? I haven't ordered any other flavored yet till I try some on my own. I got a bottle of virginia flavor from HV coming, and it's supposed to be like a canadian cig. I'm planning to mix this with some unflavored nic that I have.

Just from looking at the list of stuff you were trying to get rid of, I figure you must know of a few good flavors to recommend (or avoid). Looks like you've tried more than I hope to have to buy!!!!

Hope you can help.

Swede

lelly

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2010
Manitoba, Canada
I have put my quest for the perfect tobacco vape on hold. The first juice I ever tried that came with my first PV turned out to be my sweet spot, but it is too expensive and the guy wouldn't tell me what it was, so I sent my last few drops to Jack at HV for analysis. Based on my description, there was a bit of controversy over what it was (you can read the post here: http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/canada-forum/154316-my-fave-juice-30-6-ml.html). Bornagainst is sending me a sample of DK-Tab but after that I will wait on Jack's recommendations.

When you mix up your Virginia, remember to let it steep (optimum is 30 days!! I am not that patient though) as it will change over time. I was going to play around with some of the FlavorArt tobacco flavors but that whole graph threw me off. I don't have the greatest palate and I don't really know what tones I am looking for in a tobacco vape. The virginia looks OK, but I am not really sure what the hay would taste like, lol. The cuban supreme sounds good to me with a predominant smokey taste and vanilla and wood undertones. Switched knows alot about them, I came across a good post in the DIY section with some good tips from him and others: http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/diy-e-liquid/156912-testing-flavors.html It seems a good tobacco flavor also involves Ethyl Maltol and some sort of alcohol (absinthe, everclear, or vodka) which the perfume apprentice tobacco blend (alc) has, but it also has Tobacco absolute??, which I am not sure if that would be a flavor that would mess with what you are trying to create? Anyone weigh on using this vs the raw products (EM and alcohol) and where you can purchase them?

The only DIY tobacco flavors I have tried are the Perfume Apprentice Tobacco, Tobacco (alc), and RY4 and I didn't like any of them alone so I ended up mixing them with Vape Wizard and fruit flavors, I should have let them steep though before messing with them. I will probably end up ordering all of the FlavorArt tobaccos and play around with them, as well as some of the commercial e-liquid flavors that jack has, like 555 and flue-cured. At $4-5 a bottle, it sure beats the $20-30 for the premixed from vendors. In hindsight, I should have tried all of the DIY first, I just got too caught up in other peoples reviews and recomendations of store bought juices, lol. I have realized that my tastes are way off the norm!

It is too bad you are a bit too far for a meet. If you want we can each order half, and then do a swap in the mail. Or if you want to wait, I will just order them all (since I was going to anyways, lol) and pass them onto you after I make my batches. After proper steeping time we can compare. I will not be putting in an order though until I hear from Jack about the juice I sent him. Keep me posted on your thoughts about the virginia!

Last edited:

Swede

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 28, 2011
Canada
Will do lelly,

Right now I am still waiting for the virginia from jack at HV, should be here monday. I would like to exchange ideas and recipes if I hit a good one. If the virginia works it would probably be cheaper to do a mail sampler than to meet up and exchange flavors. Let me know what you think.

BTW, I have a bottle of flue cured, and it's very dry, a hint of old school rolling tobacco like Drum? taste maybe, and a very smokey finish. I'm not sure if this is what you are after, I don't mind it when I want something that has no sweet aftertaste, but once I get some small bottles I'd be happy to send you some to try.

I got a bottle of pina colada flavor too to try as well, have you done this one yet? Any good?

Swede

lelly

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2010
Manitoba, Canada
Mail swap sounds good for sure, I am not sure how often you go to winnipeg but for me it is usually only a couple times a month. The flue-cured sounds interesting, never heard of "Drum" before so I am not familiar with the flavor, but the smokey finish sounds nice. I did get a bottle of pina colada with my last HV order, mixed it up a couple days ago. I will let it steep before making up my mind on it, but I did sneak a few drops after I made it and it was interesting, not too sweet like I was expecting it to be, more coconutty. I will report back on it in a few weeks.

hotone

ECF Veteran
Apr 1, 2010
Toronto
My apologies for not being from Manitoba and posting in this thread.

Have you tried the Shade from HV? Jack steered me to it when I first started mixing it and I quite liked it at the time. I also found it good base to mix with other flavours. I think I have most of 3ml bottle left in my war chest and would be happy to mail it to one of you if you like. Just shoot me a PM if you are interested.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread