Jan 25, 2024
Among The Pugs

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    I've never seen a chinese tank/rda with a published exploded view that shows oring placement and size. Only ever seen that on things like older Kayfuns and Taifuns. A digital caliper should get you where you want to be when you have to buy new orings or will allow you to deduce which spares go where if you have a bag of spares and just wondering which oring goes where.

Real-ist

Jan 25, 2024
    Among The Pugs
    I've never seen a chinese tank/rda with a published exploded view that shows oring placement and size. Only ever seen that on things like older Kayfuns and Taifuns. A digital caliper should get you where you want to be when you have to buy new orings or will allow you to deduce which spares go where if you have a bag of spares and just wondering which oring goes where.
    Your thoughts are mine, the typical "figure it out" Chinese mentality, and the way I was expecting as the end result....so I'm finding.

What's not known, is where a seal needs to be.

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    My concerns are from the chimney-down.

What's not known, is where a seal needs to be.

Maybe I'm not understanding what you mean? But I see 3 seals on the exploded view for the chimney and below, in the link provided above.

(1) Top of chimney,
    (2) bottom glass seal, and
    (3) seal for the tank to the base.

1 and 2 look to be regular old orings. 3 is most likely a "square" or flat oring (which are not as easy to find at reasonable prices, if at all, in my experience, but sometimes can be substituted with the right sized regular oring).

YSKvSay.png

Real-ist

Jan 25, 2024
    Among The Pugs
    In the spares bag, I have an o-ring (my only calipers eat batteries like candy) that I can't determine where it goes. Hence my post.

I've searched all over for close-up images of a tear-down, to not find specifics.

I'd thought it may have to do with sealing the 510 base/deck/RBA somewhere. My tank never included coils...which I thought to be odd. It come with the RBA only.

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    I'd thought it may have to do with sealing the 510 base/deck/RBA somewhere. My tank never included coils...which I thought to be odd. It come with the RBA only.

Well if it's smaller than #2 but bigger than #1 then I'm going to venture a guess you may be right. Might be oring that goes at bottom of RBA, to seal bottom of RBA where it meets the base.

Real-ist

Jan 25, 2024
    Among The Pugs
    Scratch the above, well sort of. I see that RBA (RMC) is a push-in type like the coil heads. Has 2 orings. Still should be bigger than #1 and smaller than #2.

ZgdzcV8.png
    I appreciate your input.

I ordered another Kriemhilde-W and Kriemhilde P version...with two sets of spares, and two RBA upgrades.

Via the slow boat from China.

I'll get this sorted.
    (I already had a list of items to order anyway)

Users who are viewing this thread