• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Vapefest Ireland - September 15th 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Folks

Just want to let everybody know that the very first Vapefest Ireland will take place at the Abbeyleix Manor Hotel near Portlaoise, Ireland on 15th September 2012 from 11am to late. This location was picked because it is vape friendly and is located in a central part of Ireland. It’s hoped this will make it as accessible as possible, for people travelling from north, south, east and west of the country and from the major airports.

This is a non profit event, entry is free and the sole purpose is to promote vaping & e-cigarette use in Ireland and vaping in general and to provide an arena where curious, new or experienced vapers and vendors can meet each other and have a fun and interesting day/night.

The event will facilitate those who are curious about vaping & ecigarettes by providing a platform where vendors and experienced users of ecigarettes will be able to advise and demonstrate how ecigarettes work and share experiences with each other.
Whether you’re experienced at vaping or have recently started, there will be plenty there to interest you.

It is foreseen that there will be a vast display of different types of e-cigarette type systems available on the day, along with a free juice bar where everyone can sample different flavoured e-liquids and a rebuildable table where a demonstration of different types of rebuildable type systems and setups will be shown. I will be looking into other activities on the day and am open to ideas if anyone has something they would like to see done. And of course there will be a monster raffle for attendees; more details are on the Vapefest website.

So far 10 vendors have confirmed they will attend on the day and we have kindly being given sponsorship of some fantastic prizes for a grand raffle from a total of 13 vendors so far and these can be seen here. I’m expecting more vendors and prizes to be announced soon.

It is sincerely hoped that as many vapers as possible and any new people thinking of starting vaping instead of tobacco cigarettes will manage to attend this event, where it is hoped that a fun and enjoyable day will be had by all. I’d also ask everyone here to try encourage family members and friends who vape or are interested in quitting smoking for e-cigarettes to come along on the day as it isn’t often an opportunity to meet a vendors/other vapors and win such fabulous prizes comes along.

I will update this thread with event news as it happens.

Happy Vaping
smile.gif

Shane

Delighted to let everyone know that The Vaporcast Store and Vaporcast are going to be supporting Vapefest Ireland and have given us some great prizes as follows for the Monster Raffle and the Juice Bar.

1 x Bam 510 Mod + kick by Evolv + 2 x 25500 batteries + charger.
This is one of the latest mods to hit the market and has been specially designed to work with the kick.

2 x E-liquid Gift Certificates to the value of 61 US dollars each. Each Certificate will cover $50 dollars worth of juice from the wonderful selection at The Vaporcast store + 11 dollars International Postage

And their will also be free samples from the full range of The Vaporcast Store E-liquids at the free Juice Bar

Keep an eye out on the Vaporcast website as well for their next Podcast which I think will be Episode 82!!

I have also updated the Vapefest Ireland website with prize list!

Again I'm delighted to let everyone know that the e-smokeireland prizes for the monster raffle have been advised and very nice prizes they are too

1 Black Provari mini with extension cap, 1x 18490 battery & 1 x 18350 battery

10 x 30ml bottles of E-liquid from the e-smokeireland range of eliquids.

As always the Vapefest Ireland website has been updated with further details

The prize pot gets bigger and bigger :D

The Best Shop have advised their prizes for the Monster Raffle and have kindly donated the following in no less than 10 Variable Voltage Mod kits including:

2 VV Black Smoktech Vmax kits. Each kit will also include 2 x18350 batteries and a Uk/Irl charger

2 VV x Silver Smoktech Vmax kits. Each kit will also include 1 x18350 batteries and a Uk/Irl charger

2 VV Chrome Smoktech Vmax kits. Each kit will also include 2 x18350 batteries and a Uk/Irl charger

2 VV Black Lavatube kits. Each kit will include 2 x 18650 batteries and a Uk/Irl charger

2 VV Silver Lavatube kits. Each kit will include 2 x 18650 batteries and a Uk/Irl charger.

I'm delighted yet again to let everyone know that Bargain Vapour who are the Kir Fanis Vendor for Ireland have kindly donated the following prizes in association with Kir Fanis of Greece.

1 x Tripolitis Tower Tank by Kir Fanis in Greece. It is made from 304-L food approved Stainless Steel and has the unique top feed system

1 x Trap Tank with unique top filling system. The tank is made from PMMA food approved materials according to European directives.

2 x Fotia Tanks with special top feeding system, designed for Lavatube or similar type mods. They have red o-rings and a bottom screw cap with black o-rings.

2 x Kir Fanis Carto punchers

5 Kir Fanis Stainless Steel Drip Tips and 10 plastic Drip Tips.

Further details are on the Vapefest Ireland website

Bargain Vapour have announced a partnership with DKS E-liquid of Italy and in association with DKS-Eliquid will be providing Vapefest Ireland with a 10ml bottle of each flavour from their 100% natural patented e-liquid range for the Monster Raffle.

Its also looking like DKS E-liquid may be joining us at Vapefest Ireland on the day

EZsmoke in association with Jasper and Jasper have announced additional prizes for the raffle including 2 x Revive Starter kits and 2 x Mini Explorer Starter Kits. EZsmoke will also have some Impulse Jasper and Jasper Disposable Ecigs to give away from their stand on the day.

As always further details are available on the Vapefest Ireland website :D

I'm just back from Abbeyleix. I went up there to finalise some arrangements with the hotel for the event and I was really impressed with the Hotel so thought I'd share my thoughts with ye.

The hotel itself is fabulous and the room where the event is on is really nice and I'm not just saying it to hype the event but its perfect for a Vapefest, Ye will see what I mean on the day. The room for event will take 300 or more people easily and has a fine size bar, nice tables/chairs, decor, etc!
There's room for overflow as well with a lovely conservatory hallway with tables and chairs and a nice outside seated area too if the weather is fine.

The main bar in the hotel where its hoped to have a bit of crack in the evening and into the early hours is a fine big modern bar and the staff are really friendly there as well. I ended up talking to a few of them and enjoyed a vape and a cup of coffee while explaining what vaping is all about to some of them. A couple of them who are smokers are even going to come to the event and thinking of giving vaping a go to try get off of tobacco.

I'm also currently looking for a printing company to sponsor a big banner sign for the day and maybe some posters or leaflets. I've contacted a good few companies and am awaiting replies so hopefully one of them might help.

Anyways I'll shut up now I'm rambling!

Another couple of bits of news.

The Pinkvaper who has a really good blog and review website has given us some Pinkvaper Tshirts to give away on the day and will also possibly be doing a few interviews on the day which could be fun.

And the House of Liquid samples arrived this morning after a high speed pursuit of the postvan around my village as I missed the knock on the door!! House of Liquid have very kindly given us over 100 sample bottles including El Toro Puros and El Toro Cigarrillos to give away on the day

The news gets better and better

Lucky Boo's are supporting Vapefest Ireland and have donated the following prizes.

10 x Lucky Boo Disposable E-cigarettes
10 x Lucky Boo Rechargeable E-cigarettes
10 x packets of Lucky Boo Replacement Cartidges.

More details as always can be seen on the Raffle and supporting vendors page by clicking here

Just a bit of info on the hotel for anyone planning on staying the night

They are doing a special rate of €55 (approx £43) per person for 2 people staying in a double or twin room and that includes evening dinner and breakfast the next day.

You need to scroll down the page after you put in dates and look for the SLEEP & DINE - DINNER, B&B €55PPS - 1 night offer
The link for hotel is Hotel In Portlaoise | Hotels in Portlaoise, Laois - The 3 star Great National Abbeyleix Manor Hotel

I'm delighted to announce that Vapourpal the official distributor for Joyetech in Ireland have been announced as a supporting Vendor and will be attending on the day.

They have donated the following prizes for the Monster Raffle:
1 x Pink eCab Joyetech Kit
1 x Black eCab Joyetech Kit
1 White ego-C Joyetech Kit

More details can be found at the Vapefest Ireland Website

Again, I'm delighted to announce that the Ecirette Solutions prizes have been advised and consist of the following:

5 x V.V. Chrome Lambo Lavatube Kits

10 x Ecirette 510 Mini Starter Kits

20 x Genuine Dekang e-liquid, 10ml, 16-18mg - Most popular flavours(1 Box) as one prize

And a whopping 103 x 10ml bottles of Genuine Dekang e-liquid, 16-18mg of all their flavours for the free juice bar.

Further details on the Vapefest Ireland website

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread