• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Vaped at Famous Dave's today

Status
Not open for further replies.

KreeL

ECF Veteran
Apr 9, 2009
West Texas
One of my favorite chain restaurants. Awesome food and Blue Moon on tap.

Anyways, after the wife and I got there with 510s in tow, we were seated and I waited for the waitress. When she walked up I asked her if she had ever seen one of these (holding up the 510). She said is that one of those fake cigarettes? If so, it's okay, some gal was in the other day and the manager okayed it.

Awesome!

So far I've vaped in Books-a-Million, Hastings, Hobby Lobby, Walmart, Target, Famous Daves, Red Robin, The U-Bar Steakhouse, PetSmart, Sally's Beauty Supply, and a myriad of convenience stores. No problems so far.

Nicfits

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Mar 9, 2009
Texas
www.e-smokers-forum.com
OH Man, Famous Daves....
Kreel, where is a Famous daves at?
One time me and my wife had dinner at The Main Famous Daves in Minneapolis.
Stevie Ray Vaughn's brother, (Jimmy Vaughn?) was playing, anyway, Famous Dave was there and they were filming it. We were actually finished eating when at waiter asked us if we would like some of Famous Dave's bread pudding on the house. Of course we found room, and man was that stuff good. I actually found his recipe for it online and printed it out for my wife hoping she would take the hint.

That's cool that ya'll vaped in Famous Dave's.
I have got to go there.

Nicfits

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Mar 9, 2009
Texas
www.e-smokers-forum.com
Now you got me craving B-B-Que. I will have to pull up thier web site and see if I can locate one a little closer. Yes, They do have good Que.
Have you ever tasted any of the Que from any of the Lockhart, Texas. places? Man, the whole town smells of Bar-Be-Que. LOL.
I don't think they cook anything else in that town.

Jim Davis

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2009
Retired in Houston, Texas / USA
Now you got me craving B-B-Que. I will have to pull up thier web site and see if I can locate one a little closer. Yes, They do have good Que.
Have you ever tasted any of the Que from any of the Lockhart, Texas. places? Man, the whole town smells of Bar-Be-Que. LOL.
I don't think they cook anything else in that town.

Dammit you guys!! Now I want BBQ, and I'm sitting in Miami. Not a good BBQ for 1000 miles. Oh crap! Looks like an Arby's night tonight.

KreeL

ECF Veteran
Apr 9, 2009
West Texas
Well, since I live about 45 minutes away from Brownwood, I sometimes eat at Underwood's BarBQ. Pretty awesome chow there. But there's something about Famous Dave's that just blows everyone else away. ....Hmmm...perhaps it's those meaty lean tender ribs and the bazillion sauces to try. (Devil's Spit sauce is still my fave there). Oh, and the open pit style of cooking...just glazes the outside just right.

Here I go again -- two nights in a row! Arrrgh! :)

Jim Davis

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2009
Retired in Houston, Texas / USA
Arby's? Man; Jim are you hobo-ing again? LOL.

Yeah - After traveling for 40+ years, I'm sick of the whole restaurant thing. I get my dinner to go, and take it back to the hotel, fire up the lap top, turn on TV, and vape in my underwear.

I used to go to restaurants, but they didn't like me eating dinner in my underwear.

Lika

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 6, 2009
Dallas - USA
Yeah - After traveling for 40+ years, I'm sick of the whole restaurant thing. I get my dinner to go, and take it back to the hotel, fire up the lap top, turn on TV, and vape in my underwear.

I used to go to restaurants, but they didn't like me eating dinner in my underwear.

:shock: T. M. I. :shock:

Just kidding - that's funny stuff, man. :lol:

KreeL

ECF Veteran
Apr 9, 2009
West Texas

Hahahahaha....You're probably spot-on there, my friend.

I was blessed with a blond wife that can't cook. We dine out every meal. She comes with other mucho benefits, however.:D

KreeL

ECF Veteran
Apr 9, 2009
West Texas
My method is forget about asking for the manager or the bartender. They are usually too busy and will probably give out a quick no.

As soon as the waitress appears I simply ask her if she's ever 'seen one of these' and I hold up my 510. She answers yes or no, or what is it. Then I tell her just enough to let her know there isn't any second hand smoke or tobacco. If she has any doubts I just take a little vape for her to check out. That usually works for me. Sometimes she may want to go ask a superior, but most times they will say they've seen them in there before and it's okay.

Belushi

ECF Veteran
Jun 14, 2009
The Colony, TX
I'm gonna try vaping at a restaurant this weekend. Any tips? Do you just explain to the waitress what the e-cig is, and that there's no burning, no tobacco, no smoke, no smell, just vapor like a fog machine?

DrGabber, did you find any vaping friendly restaurants in Austin. Heading down to Austin for the 4th to see my daughter.

DrGabber

ECF Veteran
May 27, 2009
Oswego, New York
I have found that restaurant management and other patrons really don't care or even notice as long as you cover the LED(if your battery has one) and hold in the vapor for a few seconds before you exhale. Then there is little to no visible vapor, especially if you exhale through your nose.

This method worked great for me in a nicer restaurant that I went to in San Antonio.

Last edited:

Belushi

ECF Veteran
Jun 14, 2009
The Colony, TX
I have found that restaurant management and other patrons really don't care or even notice as long as you cover the LED(if your battery has one) and hold in the vapor for a few seconds before you exhale. Then there is little to no visible vapor, especially if you exhale through your nose.

This method worked great for me in a nicer restaurant that I went to in San Antonio.

Sounds good. Just thinking there had to be some place down in Austin where all the vapers hung out. Walk into the place bunch a people vaping in a vape filled room.....

tankueray

Oct 17, 2009
West Texas
Abilene just opened one up about 4 months ago, and I could eat there every night. The bar is great! Blue Moon on tap!

Did you vape at the one in Abilene? Do you know the manager's name? The owner has a few other places in town, and he was the first one in town to ban smoking in his fast food restaurants back in the 90's. I frequent his other place, and I really really want to be able to vape. Many of the managers rotate between all his restaurants, did you catch a name?

(Just got my PV today.)

Or will you guys come and vape with me on Thursday or Friday so I'm not scared? Any other friendly places in town?

Menville

ECF Veteran
Sep 1, 2009
Arlington,TX
Dammit you guys!! Now I want BBQ, and I'm sitting in Miami. Not a good BBQ for 1000 miles. Oh crap! Looks like an Arby's night tonight.

Go up to Hollywood ,Fl just 30 -45 minutes from Miami on US-1, and go to Texas Bar-B -Que..When I lived there thats where I would go to get my Que fix..forget about Mexican food over there bunch of Cubans trying to cook Mexican..not even close

tankueray

Oct 17, 2009
West Texas
I went in tonight and grabbed one of the managers I was familiar with. I did exactly as you said.
"'Do you know what this is?"
Yes.
"Is it cool"
Absolutely.
(Then a few waitresses asked, I explained. then I went down the bar to my friends. They all loved it.)
A short while later, the general manager stood at the end of the bar and yelled at the bartenders, "what are they doing? are they smoking?"
Since I already had the bartenders enthralled, they completely defended even though they don't know the first thing about them.
The new GM is much younger than me (31). She sat back and stayed quiet the rest of the night.

In two days, I have at least ten people that are telling me to get them one, and one that wants to resell. They love it. They even want to pay me in advance!

I'm not doing this for resale, I'm going to let my friend do that. I do have a business and I might end up selling custom flavors locally, but I'm not trying to get ahead of myself.

This has been an intersting and awesome experience.

-Tank

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread