Vape Mail Stuck in Chicago USPS 60701

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlphaGuitarist

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 2, 2015
New York City
USPS and International shipments was not fun to deal with when I had a package go MIA but repeated calls eventually got me to someone who could actually do something. Not saying that is the route you should take but stranger things have happened like all of a sudden it starts updating after making inquires where the heck my vape mail is!

I heard that signing up for text/e-mail alerts sometimes gets the package moving in the USPS system, but I chalk the successful stories up to coincidence. If the package doesn't arrive by next Thursday (a week from today's scheduled delivery), I'll start making calls. If worst comes to worst, I can always get my money refunded. However, I'd rather have the product that I ordered. I'm hoping that it's just weather delays.

SteveS45

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 27, 2016
Long Island, New York
After making a few calls to some unhelpful USPS people in the International Division my shipment started moving again even though they refused to do anything or open a case. Coincidence? Maybe but I was thinking more along the lines of the squeaky wheel getting some grease.

SteveS45

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 27, 2016
Long Island, New York
The other day 2 shipments said this and one was delivered today while the other still says the same thing

Postal Product: First-Class Package Service
Features: USPS Tracking®

Date & Time Status of Item Location

March 15, 2017 , 4:15 pm

Processing Exception, Regional Weather Delay TUSTIN, CA 92780

NU_FTW

Ultra Member
Dec 6, 2016
I cannot complain about USPS. Heck i have awesome service here. Some caps fell out of my package, and somehow a few days later made it to my parcel locker on the street... They somehow knew that the caps they found wherever went with the bottles i received in the parcel locker a couple days prior. While Dropperbottles.com made it right i received both today! Now karma has me contacting THEM to make i right since the USPS made things right as rain! :p

AlphaGuitarist

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 2, 2015
New York City
I cannot complain about USPS. Heck i have awesome service here. Some caps fell out of my package, and somehow a few days later made it to my parcel locker on the street... They somehow knew that the caps they found wherever went with the bottles i received in the parcel locker a couple days prior. While Dropperbottles.com made it right i received both today! Now karma has me contacting THEM to make i right since the USPS made things right as rain! :p

For the most part, I'd say 9 out of 10 deliveries, I haven't had too many issues with USPS. Unfortunately, the issues happen frequently enough to cause concern.

Hey checked this morning and it moved from one part of Ca to another. Haven't checked a map to see since it is still in the same state.

Date & Time Status of Item Location
March 16, 2017 , 7:38 pm Arrived at USPS Origin Facility

ANAHEIM, CA 92899

As of a minute ago, the status of my package still hasn't updated. The expected delivery date is still listed as yesterday, with no messages about a delivery delay/exception. Things are definitely not looking good. NYC postal facilities are normally very good when it comes to scanning packages, which leads me to believe that my package never made it out of Chicago. Now begins a week of playing the waiting game before I can do anything about it.

Update, now it is out for delivery today! Yay! Given the weather across a good stretch of the country, I figure a 1 day delay on a first class package from Washington state is no big deal.

A 1 day delay is not bad at all. It's not uncommon to get 1 day delays when the weather is perfect (happens to me on a fairly regular basis with 1st class packages), so consider yourself lucky!

Reactions: Eskie

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
And it landed! My baby Alien has a new home. I was passing on it as I like my Picos, but the idea of being able to fit a 25 mm tank, along with it being on sale meant only one thing. Adoption time!:D
AL85.jpg

It's a nice size. I'll probably pair it with a black Engine and have the perfect no leak out and about setup. I'll play with the BB it comes with for a bit first.;)

SteveS45

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 27, 2016
Long Island, New York
And it landed! My baby Alien has a new home. I was passing on it as I like my Picos, but the idea of being able to fit a 25 mm tank, along with it being on sale meant only one thing. Adoption time!:D
View attachment 642065

It's a nice size. I'll probably pair it with a black Engine and have the perfect no leak out and about setup. I'll play with the BB it comes with for a bit first.;)

Congratulations in the new addition to the family! I know it now has a good home!

David Wolf

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2014
Charlotte, NC
View attachment 642065

Hey now that's a nice looking compact mod! Let us know how it performs!

David Wolf

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2014
Charlotte, NC
I have a package, coming to me (hopefully) from a Canadian vendor, that's been stuck in Chicago since March 12. The status was updated to "In Transit" (this is an automatic message generated after 24 hours of no movement) on March 13, with no further updates. The scheduled delivery date is today, but I doubt that'll happen. I know it's probably too soon to get concerned, especially after reading many horror stories about that particular USPS facility, but the lack of movement for the past 4 days is a bit disconcerting. Has anyone else had any similar experiences with packages ending up at Chicago 60701? Was the package eventually received?

March 13, 2017 , 7:25 am In Transit to Destination

March 12, 2017 , 7:25 am Arrived at USPS Facility CHICAGO, IL 60701

March 11, 2017 , 2:08 pm Processed Through Facility ISC CHICAGO IL (USPS)

March 10, 2017 , 6:50 pm Processed Through Facility TORONTO-A, CANADA Origin Post is Preparing Shipment
Due today and you're already worried? You do realize your package will arrive by Monday then you'll post "It's here!" and this thread will then pass into historical obscurity upon which people will on occasion stumble on and marvel at the oddity of it as well as making note of one of the longer sentences they've ever read, i.e., this one right here.

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
Hey now that's a nice looking compact mod! Let us know how it performs!

Just blew through one tank of juice (it's rated at only 3 ml) and does have a reputation as a juice guzzler, but it's actually a nice little mod. The coil is all nicely broken in and it's a good vape. Solid flavor and decent cloud at 40W on the 0.4 ohm coil. I'm not sure I'll be buying replacement coils for it, I hate wasting money on them, but the BB is pretty nice as factory coils go (the BBB would be better for the larger volume, takes the same coils) and the mod itself is really solid.

I have an Alien so everything works the same, same menus and all, but the firing bar is on the opposite side which confused my fingers. Overall I'm impressed. I'll probably pick up another one or two for the stash. I think it will hold up well for those times little is preferable, and the 25 mm tank option does make it more versatile than the Picos. Obviously I haven't tried TC yet (not sure why Smok isn't making them, I guess they figure the cloud bros only want power) but I have on the Alien and it's functional, so I have the same expectations.

Due today and you're already worried? You do realize your package will arrive by Monday then you'll post "It's here!" and this thread will then pass into historical obscurity upon which people will on occasion stumble on and marvel at the oddity of it as well as making note of one of the longer sentences they've ever read, i.e., this one right here.

:lol::lol:

And here I thought I was the king of run on sentences.

AlphaGuitarist

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 2, 2015
New York City

I'm worried about the fact that it's been sitting in Chicago since March 12 without any kind of movement. Besides, I paid extra for a 6 business day delivery, so my concerns are definitely not unwarranted. A cursory search yielded countless horror stories pertaining to this particular USPS facility - packages going missing, severe delays, sometimes lasting months, you name it. It seems that Chicago 60701 is akin to a postal black hole.

By the way, the sentence is, indeed, impressive!

isnt the Chicago area USPS one of the US Customs check points??

I'm getting conflicting information on that. Some say that the customs check point is the Chicago ISC, others say it's 60701. Here's an interesting thread I came across, containing similar Chicago experiences.

Has anyone had any trouble with ISC Chicago IL (USPS)? - Page 4

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
I'm worried about the fact that it's been sitting in Chicago since March 12 without any kind of movement. Besides, I paid extra for a 6 business day delivery, so my concerns are definitely not unwarranted. A cursory search yielded countless horror stories pertaining to this particular USPS facility - packages going missing, severe delays, sometimes lasting months, you name it. It seems that Chicago 60701 is akin to a postal black hole.

I don't know how much extra you paid for the 6 day delivery, but I wasn't even aware USPS would coordinate with another country's mail carrier to carry over a fast delivery. About the only way I know of to truly get expedited delivery is with DHL. They can do 3 days, and I guess have their own customs setup to run through, but it is expensive, so best only if you REALLY need it that fast.

AlphaGuitarist

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 2, 2015
New York City
I don't know how much extra you paid for the 6 day delivery, but I wasn't even aware USPS would coordinate with another country's mail carrier to carry over a fast delivery. About the only way I know of to truly get expedited delivery is with DHL. They can do 3 days, and I guess have their own customs setup to run through, but it is expensive, so best only if you REALLY need it that fast.

I generally avoid ordering from overseas vendors, as the combination of US Customs and USPS is a modern take on the wild west and courier delivery (FedEx, UPS, etc.) is prohibitively expensive. I once had two Amazon orders from the UK disappear into thin air after being scanned in at the NY ISC and another one routed to Brookline, MA (I live in Brooklyn,NY), where it sat for a couple of weeks, until I asked the vendor to intervene on my behalf. Chalk this one up to a rapidly growing list of negative USPS experiences!

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
I once had two Amazon orders from the UK disappear into thin air after being scanned in at the NY ISC and another one routed to Brookline, MA (I live in Brooklyn,NY), where it sat for a couple of weeks, until I asked the vendor to intervene on my behalf. Chalk this one up to a rapidly growing list of negative USPS experiences!

Brooklyn, Brookline, they got the first 6 letters correct.:lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread