vape info cards for the uninformed....

Status
Not open for further replies.

DuncanDisordely

ECF Veteran
Feb 17, 2011
London
Hi Lovely Vapers!

I keep seeing people talk about these info cards they hand people when they are 'caught' vaping or want to request if they can vape in a resteraunt etc.. Does anyone have a 'template' of such info that I could borrow?

I'd really like to be able to pull out a little card to give someone if I get any questions, but I am unsure about creating my own because of all the issues regarding false claims etc (fda crackdown on sites) and I'm not sure what I can and can't say on it. Yeah I guess you're thinking "just put the truth" to be safe, but how to structure it best?

Anyway if anyone uses these and wouldnt mind giving me their wording I would be ever so grateful, and surely there must be others this would be helpful for too!

Love to all!

Duncan

tenzip

ECF Veteran
Jan 19, 2011
Lincoln, NE, USA
Hi Lovely Vapers!

I keep seeing people talk about these info cards they hand people when they are 'caught' vaping or want to request if they can vape in a resteraunt etc.. Does anyone have a 'template' of such info that I could borrow?

I'd really like to be able to pull out a little card to give someone if I get any questions, but I am unsure about creating my own because of all the issues regarding false claims etc (fda crackdown on sites) and I'm not sure what I can and can't say on it. Yeah I guess you're thinking "just put the truth" to be safe, but how to structure it best?

Anyway if anyone uses these and wouldnt mind giving me their wording I would be ever so grateful, and surely there must be others this would be helpful for too!

Love to all!

Duncan

So, you too couldn't find these cards people talk about, eh? Well, I got tired of looking for them, too.

So I made my own. Is it 100% truthful? Perhaps not. I don't think I told any real whoppers on it, either. What they don't know, won't bother their pointy little heads.

I have yet to use one in anger, but I've given them to a couple of people who were interested rather than confrontational, and wrote some other links on them.

My thought is that if some self-righteous, special snowflake prig comes up and starts hassling me, I'll whip this out and say, "Why don't you read this, then you'll have some information, instead of fuzzy-minded opinion. Then perhaps we can have an intelligent conversation."

View attachment Vaping explanation card.xls

You should be able to open and print it out from Excel, or OpenOffice. If you don't have Excel, go get OpenOffice. It's free, and 95+% of the time, just as good as Excel. You may have to fiddle with column and row sizes, and perhaps margins to get it to print out right.

I print it out on both sides of a piece of card stock, cut out the 6 cards that should be on each page, and fold it in half, so it's about business card size. You'll have to flip the page between sides, so that it prints out correctly, so when folded in half, the "I'm NOT smoking, I'm vaping" is on the lower edge of the front, and if you flip it top for bottom, the text on the other side is right-side up. Then it should work correctly when folded.

Hope that helps.

DuncanDisordely

ECF Veteran
Feb 17, 2011
London
So, you too couldn't find these cards people talk about, eh? Well, I got tired of looking for them, too.

So I made my own. Is it 100% truthful? Perhaps not. I don't think I told any real whoppers on it, either. What they don't know, won't bother their pointy little heads.

I have yet to use one in anger, but I've given them to a couple of people who were interested rather than confrontational, and wrote some other links on them.

My thought is that if some self-righteous, special snowflake prig comes up and starts hassling me, I'll whip this out and say, "Why don't you read this, then you'll have some information, instead of fuzzy-minded opinion. Then perhaps we can have an intelligent conversation."

View attachment 30866

You should be able to open and print it out from Excel, or OpenOffice. If you don't have Excel, go get OpenOffice. It's free, and 95+% of the time, just as good as Excel. You may have to fiddle with column and row sizes, and perhaps margins to get it to print out right.

I print it out on both sides of a piece of card stock, cut out the 6 cards that should be on each page, and fold it in half, so it's about business card size. You'll have to flip the page between sides, so that it prints out correctly, so when folded in half, the "I'm NOT smoking, I'm vaping" is on the lower edge of the front, and if you flip it top for bottom, the text on the other side is right-side up. Then it should work correctly when folded.

Hope that helps.

LOL! "some self-righteous, special snowflake prig" - you hit the nail on the head there! Are we brothers? Lol.

tenzip

ECF Veteran
Jan 19, 2011
Lincoln, NE, USA
LOL! "some self-righteous, special snowflake prig" - you hit the nail on the head there! Are we brothers? Lol.

Perhaps we are, I just get tired of ill- or uninformed people. On any subject, really, but when they foist their ignorance upon me, I get irked.

keelalagirl, thanks for that link, I may add some of that to my card. Space is tight on it, but I will make it fit.

Maiahmae

ECF Veteran
Mar 18, 2011
Michigan
Don't forget V4L's business cards have anti-rep.ray text on the back as well. I keep several in my wallet, and it's a company that I can stand behind as being reliable. I've given them at least 5 lifers already.

I like the V4l cards and use them but I don't care for them saying there is nicotine... Not everyone vapes with that option... But still a good card :)

Hypnophone

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Mar 9, 2011
FEMA Region VI
Duncan, that's one of the best screen-names I've seen in a while.
I think that if you use some nice semi-gloss photo stock, the handout cards will work just fine.
It's the cutting that can be a problem.
If you have Fedex, UPS, Office Depot, Staples, or any large office supply stores in Englandistan, they can make cards for you
for a lot less than your local print shop.
It's a great idea to hand out cards to the ignorant folks. I'm firing up the old HP right now...

D-guy

Verified Member
Mar 27, 2011
Edmonton
My recent order from electrovapors here in Canada came with some business cards with info on the back. Great cards with definitions and clearly stating " this person is NOT SMOKING.. Please allow them to continue..." Etc...
May contact them for permission to reproduce them.
Being new at this and discreet, I have not had cause to bring out info in defense.... Yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread