Vape coil behavior

Status
Not open for further replies.

icowwww

Dec 11, 2022
Hello,

I'm using a vape for 15 days now. I have smok arcfox 230W and using TFV18 meshed 0.33ohm coils.
I have tried to find information in internet for my problem, but had no luck at all. The coil needed a replace after 1 day of use, especially in the morning when was not used whole night.
I'm using nasty juice modmate watermelon ice or strawberry kiwi VG/PG-70/30 mixed with fusion nicotine shot.
Was using the vape with 120/110W, but was getting too hot. Then now im using on 80W and last a bit longer.
I have tried different things i found in internet, but had no luck.
Before 3 days i realized that the coil mesh is burnt in the upper area when where was no liquid:
smok-tfv18-mini-mesh-coils-x-3-pack-resistance-3-x-smok-v18-meshed-0.33ohm-coils-49966-p.jpg

So after that i've started to fill the tank so the mesh is completely in liquid. After then i have no problem.
If someone have idea if thats expected behavior please let me know. It could be a coincidence that it is working ok like that.
Regards

robrrt

ECF Veteran
Jun 15, 2014
Pensacola, Florida, United States
Yeah, looks like there are two choices - keep the tank full so the juice is over the inlet or, if you're running low, give it some time between hits so the juice has a chance to soak up into the top of the coil.
I have a TFV18 as a backup, but haven't had a chance to fire it up yet. I have some ,33ohm coils that appear to have the inlet at the same height, but also some .2ohm coils that look a bit lower.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread