Status
Not open for further replies.

Chornbro

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2011
VA/DC/MD Area
Me three! I have 3 flavors that don't seem to work well with my LR510's - Vanilla, Malty Toffee, and Maple. Occasionally I get a good hit, but mostly little vapor and TH. So I've put them aside until I get some new equipment.

I've tried the Cisco 306's, but for some reason I cant get them to work right. I switched recently to Ikenvape 510's from the Cisco because I got a metallic taste from the Ciscos. So maybe I'll try out the Ikenvape 306's.

I always remove the driptip before drippping with 510's. When dripping on a 306, do you do this? Also, how do you prime them? With the 510's, I fill it with PG up to the bridge and let sit for 15 minutes to soak. Then I blow out and drip. Works really well. I used to have a lot of trouble getting new atties broken in and would typically burn the wick early on because it wasn't primed properly. Anyway, any suggestions for using 306's would be good.

If it's a Cisco, theres no primer... any other vendor, I rinse it out with hot water thoroughly... rinse, blow out, rinse blow out, etc... then let it sit overnight... or in front of a hair dryer on low for 8-10 min.

A clean and dry 306 will take 7-8 drops... when the taste starts to change, add 2-3 drops. I usually do a "partial" de-wicking... ONLY remove the portion of the wick that lives right underneath the bridge and blocks your view of the coils. I usually pry it out with a needle or tweezers and then cut it with a razor, being careful not to pull from the bottom... only from the top. This leaves the wick that runs through the coils and a little bit sticking out on either side. Be VERY careful not to remove the wick that runs through the coils... if you pull this out, the atty is basically ruined.

to change flavors, just blow it out.... then add 5 drops of the new flavor and you're ready to go. It takes some trial and error, but eventually you'll figure out how much juice it can hold, how many hits you can get, and when to fill it back up. Also, I DONT remove the drip tip. If you get the standard plastic urethane DT, there is more than enough room to get drops down in there.

Every few days, I'll rinse these with hot water... then a quick dry-burn to make sure the coils are clean... then let them sit overnight on my computer fan. If they get gunked up, search for "my atty resurrection method"...works wonders on 306s... just be careful... and only use it when the performance drops off severely...

Cisco 306s dont necessarily need to be cleaned out that often... but I do it occasionally to keep the flavor up. Blow it out thoroughly, 5 drops, ready to go... or blow it out, rinse it out, dry burn, air dry... and it's fresh and ready to go in the morning.

Ikenvape 3.5 306s are fantastic at 6v... and Cisco 1.5s are fantastic at 3.7

hope that helps!

Last edited:

Robby

ECF Veteran
Mar 30, 2011
Hamlin, PA
I just ordered some 306's and drip tips but also got a few of my old 510s working like new again. I took out the bridge and wick and saw the disaster that was supposed to be the coil. It was pure black gunk.

I have a little exacto like tool with tiny drill bits that i used to carefully scrape away at the gunk while periodically running under warm water and blowing out. I then did the dry burns after reading the resurrection method (thanks for that) and slowly began to see the coils again.

This worked perfectly, went from no glowing coils to a few then to the whole coil getting orange.

Am happily vaping away on some 555 exotic and looking forward to giving the vanilla bean another go with the 306 when they arrive. Thanks for all the help

Last edited:

Chornbro

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2011
VA/DC/MD Area
I just ordered some 306's and drip tips but also got a few of my old 510s working like new again. I took out the bridge and wick and saw the disaster that was supposed to be the coil. It was pure black gunk.

I have a little exacto like tool with tiny drill bits that i used to carefully scrape away at the gunk while periodically running under warm water and blowing out. I then did the dry burns after reading the resurrection method (thanks for that) and slowly began to see the coils again.

This worked perfectly, went from no glowing coils to a few then to the whole coil getting orange.

Am happily vaping away on some 555 exotic and looking forward to giving the vanilla bean another go with the 306 when they arrive. Thanks for all the help

So glad to hear that it worked!!!! The proper dry-burning technique was SO crucial for me... atties went from disposable to invincible... I have lil 306s that have been pouring out vapor for 4+ months!!!

One thing about de-wicking, and I know I mentioned it above... but I cant stress it enough... dont remove the whole wick! You need the wick that runs through the coils... I cut the wick on either side of the coil, leaving about 1mm on each side hanging out, and remove the rest as best I can...

completely wickless atomizer is just about useless...

Robby

ECF Veteran
Mar 30, 2011
Hamlin, PA
Yeah the wick i took out just came out naturally with the bridge and left just a bit on the sides of the coil and inside. I did two joye 510s and they took a few minutes to get primed back up but once they did man they are giving great TH and lots of vapor.

Doing this really saved me today as i was getting so frustrated with my lackluster atty collection. If anyone else is going to try this make sure to do the research- read the resurrection method and look up a video if u plan to debridge as well which worked out great for me especially since it allowed me to see the coil and work with it easier.
Thanks again

Dkrom68

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Nov 17, 2009
Backwoods NY USA
Runs through them without having a chance to get vaped LOL
So glad to hear that it worked!!!! The proper dry-burning technique was SO crucial for me... atties went from disposable to invincible... I have lil 306s that have been pouring out vapor for 4+ months!!!

One thing about de-wicking, and I know I mentioned it above... but I cant stress it enough... dont remove the whole wick! You need the wick that runs through the coils... I cut the wick on either side of the coil, leaving about 1mm on each side hanging out, and remove the rest as best I can...

completely wickless atomizer is just about useless...

dopeh

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 4, 2011
Montreal
I've had to remove the wick in the coil on a new 306, it tasted burnt no matter what I did. Was gonna throw it away, so I thought wtf and pulled the rest of the wick out..

Burnt taste is gone, atty works great, but I do have to feed it more often. All you need is a cup and a coil, yarr!

Also, I find that running 2Ω or lower on 5v and up, this wickless atty tastes better than any other.

In soviet Russia, the atty dewicks YOU.

Rar

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 22, 2011
Champlain Valley, NY
I've been trying to use my LR 510s with my REO mini and no matter what juice I use, I get very little vapor and TH. In fact, I was enjoying my Riva 510 with standard attys more than my REO. When I replaced the LR with a standard atty on my REO, everything is much better. I think I'll try the 306s on my next order.

phorbin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 10, 2010
Gamehendge
I've had to remove the wick in the coil on a new 306, it tasted burnt no matter what I did. Was gonna throw it away, so I thought wtf and pulled the rest of the wick out..

Burnt taste is gone, atty works great, but I do have to feed it more often. All you need is a cup and a coil, yarr!

Also, I find that running 2Ω or lower on 5v and up, this wickless atty tastes better than any other.

In soviet Russia, the atty dewicks YOU.

after having similar problems with some 306s (but only random ones here and there for some odd reason) I now dewick all my 306s when I use them for the first time. burnt taste no longer an issue. However, its also good to avoid having the button pressed accidentally while the PV is in your pocket. Those 306s drip sleeves can heat up to the melting point pretty fast and wow that melted plastic taste is pretty unpleasant.

phorbin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 10, 2010
Gamehendge
Thanks dopeh. I ordered a bulk package of the LR510s. Are they good for anything?

all LR 510s are NOT created equal thats for sure. If i have to use a LR510 I am partial to Cisco's (avidvaper.com) but barring Armageddon, Nuclear Holocaust, the Zombie Apocalypse or a runaway asteroid I'll use 306s first anyway.

Rar

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 22, 2011
Champlain Valley, NY
Just started mixing this with a lot of my tobaccos that are too strong... what a brilliant mix this little flavor is!

Definitely going to stock up, but trying to wait for the new flavors to come out so I can save on shipping. Woot!

I'm going to have to mix the new 555 Exotic. I hear it only gets stronger. 8-o I'm not in a juice famine, but I want to place a new order also. Like you, Chornbro and probably others, waiting on the new flavors. :)

redcat1948

ECF Veteran
Apr 12, 2011
Eugene OR
Vanilla bean is quickly becoming my favorite, after my every day Backo. Have ordered it a couple times, one needed to steep a long time and the other was ready to go. Makes no sense but that's how it was. I like it alone and combined with other BWB flavors. Recently tried some Ms. T's for some variety but discovered hers were more VG than PG, hence not much if any TH which, for me, is necessary. So now I add Vanilla Bean to her stuff for a decent TH. I really think Don hit it right with his 70PG/30VG mix.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread