Status
Not open for further replies.

Javichu

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Mar 8, 2020
Spain
Greetings my fellow vaperinos :)

Time to take a look at the Vandy vape Kylin M Pro rta which was sent to me by my friends over at sourcemore for the purposes of the review.

For all those that want to look at the pretty pictures and get some really quick info of said kit here are some images to feast your eyes:

COLORS TO CHOOSE FROM:

247b333004.jpg

DISASSEMBLED RTA:

9743190-8.jpg

EASY TOP FILLING:

Vandy_Vape_Kylin_M_Pro_RTA_Top_Filling.jpg

AIRFLOW:

airflow.JPG

Specs and tank size:

Length: 33.35mm
Diameter: 24.2mm
Capacity: 6ml/8ml

The package of Vandy Vape Kylin M Pro RTA Atomizer Comes With:

1xKylin M Pro RTA
2xVape Cotton Laces
1xAccessory Bag
1xPyrex Glass Tube
1xInstruction Manual
2xA1 M Coils 0.2ohm
2xA1 M Coils 0.15ohm

Unboxing and first impressions:

As usual with Vandy Vape you get a myriad of accessories in the box and all you will need to get started.

I grab the RTA by the ends and only using my fingertips so i can ascertain if the RTA comes properly clean and with no residue,fingertip marks,etc,etc and yes this is one clean mod.

Gotta say i am partial to short and chubby RTA's,long long ones just look a bit off when they are attached to the mod,but this again is just personal taste.
Even with the straight glass it looks chubby which i am really liking,i change the glass and use the bubble glass and wow it even looks better and on top of that you get an extra 2 ml of e-liquid capacity.

Quality wise nothing to complain about,it is a nice solid and well done RTA.

Vaping time:

Ok so time to get this baby started!!

First of all i gotta say this is my first mesh RTA,never tried one before so i did my proper research,watched multiple videos and pics so i could get right into it.

I decided to start off with the A1 M Coils 0.2ohm,that is almost the ohms i use on my daily vape so it was the right thing to do.

I was a bit apprehensive when it was time to put on the mesh,i am a big guy with big hands and i am usually clumsy and the mesh itself felt a bit flimsy,not flimsy in a bad way thou,just a tad delicate.

Grabbed the rod and wrapped the mesh,perfectly aligned and straight...nice!!

Coil placement was also pretty easy,once all together i held it up to make sure the mesh was in the right spot and and not tilted in any way.

Now the cotton...oh boy.

Tried to wick it to the best of my knowledge and yes...it wasn't pretty.

ShiningDanny2.jpg

Held it up and i could tell something was off,think it was too thin up top so without even starting it up i removed the cotton and gave it another go.

Second try more of the same,thankfully 3 times a charm,3rd wicking came out perfect if i may say so.

Keep in mind this is my first Mesh RTA so i wanted to get it right,not only for review purposes but also i wasn't really in the mood for a dry hit he he.

For review purposes i always use the same e-liquid with no variance of flavor or nicotine amount so that was i can write a proper review.

With the RTA all put together it was time to give it a try,about 10 or 12 puffs and i put it down right in front of me so i could gather my thoughts.

It is a bit on the noisy side which to be honest i don't mind but the flavor? just wasn't there, it was a bit muddled but not clearly standing out like my other RTA.
Cloud wise i expected a bit more to be honest,i mean all i heard was that mesh RTA are real fog machines but in this case and even at the top of the recommended wattage i just wasn't feeling it.
Thinking it could be a wicking issue i spent the next 2 days wicking at least 6 or 7 times a day just to see if it was a user error.
Sometimes i did get a small boost in flavor but mostly it was the same as the first time.
Still it could have been me and my lack of wicking skills,i won't deny that...gotta say i never got a dry hit so at least something i was doing right.

Used this coil for a day and half and then decided to give the other mesh a try.
Installed the A1 M Coil 0.15ohm and this time i nailed the wicking on the first try,wow i am impressed with myself.

Regretfully i gotta say i found the same result with this other coil,yes a bit more cloud production but the flavor just wasn't in your face like it happens with my other RTA.
Thinking it could be wicking i spent the whole day and half rewicking and rewicking,think i rewicked like 5 or 6 times with almost the same result.

PROS:

-Large tank capacity
-Sturdy build quality
-Large and heavy RTA (pro in my book since i like heavier like devices)
-Top airflow which means no leaking

CONS:

-Wicking is more laborious than a normal RTA
-Flavor is just not there in your face,muddled and not getting the flavor profiles i get with other RTA
-Noisy airflow which could be a con for some (not me,doesn't really bother me)
-Mesh and not enough cloud?

Would i recommend this device:

This is another review where i am torn,if the performance of the atomizer were amazing i would in no doubt make this RTA part of my daily rotation but it just doesn't do it for me.

Gotta be honest thou,this could be a wicking issue which is all on me,not going to ignore that this is my first Mesh RTA so that could be the reason for lacking in the flavor/cloud department.

Build and quality wise nothing bad to say,nice chunky mushroom shaped atomizer that looks fantastic on top of beefier mods.

As usual here you have a code in case you decide to acquire this product:

$24.99 - Vandy Vape Kylin M Pro RTA
Code: KMPR

Thanks again to all my friends at Sourcemore for giving me the opportunity to review this atomizer.

Thanks for reading.

hittman

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    Great review! After that many attempts at wicking, I doubt that was the problem. I have only used a couple of mesh rtas and the flavor was great. I have never tried this one but when I saw the picture with how the airflow hits the coil, I wondered if the flavor would be good.

Reactions: Javichu

Javichu

ECF Veteran
    Mar 8, 2020
    Spain
    Great review! After that many attempts at wicking, I doubt that was the problem. I have only used a couple of mesh rtas and the flavor was great. I have never tried this one but when I saw the picture with how the airflow hits the coil, I wondered if the flavor would be good.

Thanks buddy.

Yep this has been one of those reviews that i really had to work at it.
    I did read that Mesh RTA are finicky and must be wicked exactly right to get good flavor from them so i went all in just to make sure i could write a proper review.

Reactions: hittman

Javichu

ECF Veteran
    Mar 8, 2020
    Spain
    Good review. This looked so good on paper to me that I ordered two.
    I have to say I found the same results on flavor. Lacking.
    Maybe chamber size plus airflow? Not sure but it baffled me.
    I did get better results with the clapton mesh but not enough to go back to it.

Glad to see i am not the only one.
    I did take my time and rewicked it several times with both Mesh just to make sure it was the atty and not me but in the end i got basically the same result.

It's a shame thou because like i said before,aesthetic wise i really like it,bit chubbier than the Kylin Mini 2 that i am using at the moment so it sits well on my mods.

Oh well,they can't all be winners :)

Z-Lee

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
  • Apr 17, 2021
    Upper Midwest
    Good, honest review Jav. I've also heard from others that the Kylin M is the way to go if you're going to go with any Kylin Mesh tank. The Pro apparently missed a few marks.

I made a general mesh wicking tutorial back when I was doing a review for the Freemax Marvos Mesh RTA (which I would highly recommend; esp. if you already have a Freemax Marvos kit). I think it's fairly easy to follow - lemme know if it's helped at all.

Reactions: Javichu

Javichu

ECF Veteran
    Mar 8, 2020
    Spain
    Good, honest review Jav. I've also heard from others that the Kylin M is the way to go if you're going to go with any Kylin Mesh tank. The Pro apparently missed a few marks.

I made a general mesh wicking tutorial back when I was doing a review for the Freemax Marvos Mesh RTA (which I would highly recommend; esp. if you already have a Freemax Marvos kit). I think it's fairly easy to follow - lemme know if it's helped at all.

Thanks bud for the kind words.

Yeah i always try to be honest in the reviews,no sense in lying or over hyping when that just is going to mess up someone who maybe is going to acquire said product.
    Maybe if they sent me a Tesla i might perform a small white lie or two hehe

Don't have a Marvos kit yet just the Maxus Max i reviewed but sourcemore is sending me a Marvos S 80W for review purposes.

Got my eye on the new Maxus Solo 100w thou....looks awesome,seems they also went with the side lock switch like the new Aegis have,hopefully i will be able to review that one.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread