Vamo washer mod - ProTank gap fix

Status
Not open for further replies.

ProCision

Jan 8, 2013
Wisconsin
I already new before I bought my VAMO that there would be a gap between the top and the bottom of a protank. So the day I got it I went to the hardware store to fix the problem. The draw is nice and tight. Not over tight, I could see my self drilling a hole or two in the dimples though.

Chrome 3/8 Flat Washer

124g1gm.jpg

jfkm4j.jpg

21mw4nr.jpg

hrbmf7.jpg

10gyzjd.jpg

ancientgeek

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 4, 2010
San Antonio, TX
Don't forget you can always use an inverted ProTank beauty ring on the eGo threads of the Vamo 5 and then just adjust the ring to fit whatever topper you want to put on it. Looks good and provides a lot of stability and actually helps save the 510 threads on the Vamo. The ring does fit inside the Vamo 5 top cap.

bsoplinger

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 13, 2010
Capitol District New York
When you mentioned getting a washer at the hardware store and then that it was too thick the following came to mind. At the auto parts store you can get a little kit, with 2 felt washers impregnated with something (I assume a base to counteract the acid) that helps keep battery terminals clean. I know I've seen the same sort of dense felt washers, without the chemicals, used elsewhere although I can't remember where. I'd think they'd be a better choice. Dense enough to act as a spacer and limit air flow but with a bit of give to adjust for different needed thicknesses.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Xparent Purple Tapatalk 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread