Vamo vs Itaste SVD MHO

Status
Not open for further replies.

lunarresonance

Verified Member
Jul 11, 2013
Austin, TX
Just my humble opinion, but I HATE the vamo, threads never seem to fit whatever I screw onto them, they fit corooked or would not screw in right. I tried 4 different tanks, and it felt like i would end up stripping the device or my tank with every screw on or off. It only accepted 1/2 of the batteries I own that run fine in my Itaste SVD. Also turning the vamo on and off is a pain. 5 clicks if you lucky, most of the time it just does what it wants. The voltage and wattage seem to just change at whim with no ability to lock them on the vamo. Changing tanks seemed to reset the whole system, having to re-find your sweet spot all over again.The vamo tube fits only 18350 or 18650 and nothing in between, and forces you to keep track of your extra extension tube if you need to switch back and forth on battery size. Furthermore there is no LED feedback on the vamo to tell you when you battery is running low, or even if the device is firing. The Itaste SVD both tells you when you are actively firing and the level of you batter by the color on the LED of the firing button.

I totally, ditched the Vamo. It was pretty sleek looking in the all stainless steel version too. It was a shame, but the experience was painful, 1 solid week with it to give it a really college try, and I was ready to chuck it in the trash. So if you are on the fence, BUY an ITASTE SVD. The interface can taken a little training, but it is well worth the reliability and consistency of use. Besides, It has won me over in it's light saber looks. The reliability is just second to none, and I have now had 2 Itaste SVD. I have mechanical also, which I love for different reasons... but if you want a good vv.vw device that can also detect the ohms of the coils you are building, this is my choice hands down.

WarHawk-AVG

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 27, 2013
H-Town
Sorry you had a bad experience with a Vamo V3, and have moved on to bigger and better

Mine is rocking along, good to go..if it ever kicks the bucket I will be going straight to the SVD's sleeker cousin the iTaste MVP V2.0 however...just like that it does something NOTHING else can...portable power pack, and it doesn't have that "phallic symbol" look

wolfstone5

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2010
Somerset, Pennsylvania
I have them both and I have to say that I sort of prefer the Vamo V3. The Vamo is simple to use and comfortable to hold. I've never had any trouble with it. On the other hand, the iTaste is built like a tank and the air vents in the ring are great with tanks. With all the buttons though, I end up pressing the wrong one sometimes including the screen. As far as performance...they're pretty much identical. As far as looks...the iTase definitely wins the beauty contest!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread