Vamo v5 not recognizing 18650's but 18350's work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

dvo352

Sep 28, 2012
NYC
So until earlier today, my vamo v5 worked fine with either battery types. I heard it clank against my door as I got into my car and it stopped working with the 18650 I had inside it. I thought maybe the battery was drained. I got home and put another 18650 into it and that one didn't work either. But it does still work with my 18350. Anybody have any idea why this would be? All batteries are flatops.

donesmokin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2011
NE Oregon
LOL! Cleaning the Vamo got me 8 more hours before it quit again so I know how you feel! I had to keep stretching the spring until it put enough pressure on the battery to keep it from losing contact. It's hard to get it stuffed back in there now. That's why mine kept shutting off anyway. So which washer are you talking about? BTW Some people have replaced the spring with this one:

HeliX hot spring - Avid Vaper

footbag

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 28, 2010
NEPA
I've found the board shifts slightly in the V5. This brings the internal pin away from certain types of batteries.

The fix... Take the battery out, screw the battery cap back on, then on a carpet or padded surface drop the device battery side down directly on it's battery cap.

This lets the board shift down slightly. If you do it with a battery in, it won't work. The battery and spring push the board back up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread