Vamo V5 Bad battery life with new Efest IMR 18650 3100Mah

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ozzybozzy

Dec 22, 2014
Hello I decided to upgrade my DKL icr 18350(2x900mah) batteries to efest IMR 18650 3100mah 20A.

I havent noticed a significant battery life and was wondering if its my vamo og the charger where the problem is.

My charger came with the kit and after charging my battery Vamo V5 shows 4.1 volt. At 3.3v it show low volt sign.

Charger: HZS-002 this charger should handle these batteries

I hope that Vamo sucks the energi and not that the batteries are bad quality

What do you think I am using it at 1.4ohm 9watt?

RmarcusY

Jul 28, 2014
oklahoma city, okla
  • Deleted by Robino1
  • Reason: Spamming for post count is against ECF Forum rules.

twgbonehead

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 28, 2011
MA, USA
Hello I decided to upgrade my DKL icr 18350(2x900mah) batteries to efest IMR 18650 3100mah 20A.

I havent noticed a significant battery life and was wondering if its my vamo og the charger where the problem is.

My charger came with the kit and after charging my battery Vamo V5 shows 4.1 volt. At 3.3v it show low volt sign.

Charger: HZS-002 this charger should handle these batteries

I hope that Vamo sucks the energi and not that the batteries are bad quality

What do you think I am using it at 1.4ohm 9watt?

I vape my vamo with 2 batteries. I've found it tends to cut off at a much higher voltage than I think it should, so it doesn't really give very good battery mileage with a single battery.

DingerCPA

Vaping Mistress
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2014
Corn 'n' Cows
I have a V6 and I regularly use the Efest 3100, but I've never stacked batteries. I'm a moderately heavy vaper, and I can get at least a full day off the 3100s.... My coil builds are closer to 1.8 ohms at about the same (or slightly higher) wattage, though.

I'm not sure about your charger - I grabbed a Nitecore Intellicharger when I first got into replaceable batteries...

Ozzybozzy

Dec 22, 2014
I have a V6 and I regularly use the Efest 3100, but I've never stacked batteries. I'm a moderately heavy vaper, and I can get at least a full day off the 3100s.... My coil builds are closer to 1.8 ohms at about the same (or slightly higher) wattage, though.

I'm not sure about your charger - I grabbed a Nitecore Intellicharger when I first got into replaceable batteries...

Yeah Im looking for that charger now, I hope this will improve the life of the battery.

twgbonehead

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 28, 2011
MA, USA
Yeah Im looking for that charger now, I hope this will improve the life of the battery.

I'm not sure a different charger will help, particularly if (like me) you're finding that the vamo won't go all the way down to 3 volts.

I mated mine with the tube from a different mod, stack 2 18650's in it, and it works fine.

chomper33

Sep 22, 2014
USA
I noticed some confusion on the low voltage cutoff. The VAMO V5 behaves differently when in dual 18350 mode vs single 18650 and for good reasons. For example, you wouldn't want the VAMO to cut off at 3.0V in dual 18350. That would mean you drained your batteries down to around 1.5V each which is not good for most batteries commonly used in vaping. This is why the VAMO V5 cuts off at around 6.4V??? (I actually can not remember where it cuts off exactly) when in dual mode.

I would recommend checking into the battery you are using. The ratings on the Efest 18650 3100mah 20A are questionable.. I wouldn't trust or expect any results based off it's listed ratings.

Hope this helped some and, as always, be safe. Especially when stacking batteries. Properly pair and alternate.

Ozzybozzy

Dec 22, 2014
I noticed some confusion on the low voltage cutoff. The VAMO V5 behaves differently when in dual 18350 mode vs single 18650 and for good reasons. For example, you wouldn't want the VAMO to cut off at 3.0V in dual 18350. That would mean you drained your batteries down to around 1.5V each which is not good for most batteries commonly used in vaping. This is why the VAMO V5 cuts off at around 6.4V??? (I actually can not remember where it cuts off exactly) when in dual mode.

I would recommend checking into the battery you are using. The ratings on the Efest 18650 3100mah 20A are questionable.. I wouldn't trust or expect any results based off it's listed ratings.

Hope this helped some and, as always, be safe. Especially when stacking batteries. Properly pair and alternate.

Thank you man. So basically what that article is saying that I can only use 4A at constant discharge instead of 10A???

InTheShade

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 26, 2013
South Texas
Most Vamo's will cut off at 3.2v for a single battery and 6.4v if using stacked batteries.

When you say you aren't getting good battery life, what do you mean? How long is it lasting?

When I used my Vamo in 18650 mode with an AW 2000mAh battery I was getting a day or more easily from it - say about 5-7ml of e-liquid with a 1.8ohm single coil head.

Ozzybozzy

Dec 22, 2014
Most Vamo's will cut off at 3.2v for a single battery and 6.4v if using stacked batteries.

When you say you aren't getting good battery life, what do you mean? How long is it lasting?

When I used my Vamo in 18650 mode with an AW 2000mAh battery I was getting a day or more easily from it - say about 5-7ml of e-liquid with a 1.8ohm single coil head.

It will not last a tank 5ml

InTheShade

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 26, 2013
South Texas
You are using it in a protected APV anyway - it's fine. The Vamo has overdischarge, short and reverse battery protection. It also won't fire anything below a 1.2ohm coil - so you're well within the limits of that battery.

Personally I don't trust efest and their press releases, but in this case, I would say you are good to go with that battery.

It's interesting you are experiencing poor battery life from it though. Do you have any other 18650 battery to compare it to? How long have you had that battery and is there a chance you could take it back to the store where you bought it and discuss the issue with them?

InTheShade

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 26, 2013
South Texas
I just unwrapped my efest and there where nothing under it. It was supposed to be panasonic but I only found the cells stack on each other.

Can you post a picture of that? I am not sure what you mean - you are saying that the 18650 battery is 2 individual cells under the wrapper? I'm confused...

Also, why are you angry? And why did you take the wrapper of it? You thought they'd be another wrapper underneath?

Last edited:

InTheShade

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 26, 2013
South Texas
In your Vamo, there's a chance it will work actually, but I would highly recommend you do not do so as unexpected results may occur.

I suppose electrical tape will work but it might be too thick and your battery will no longer fit in your tube.

You can buy some battery wrap from 18650 18500 Battery 29 5mm but by the time you paid shipping, it might just be better to buy a new battery.

I have the V6 and i will use both battery's that came with the kit in a day.I added a 18650 3100 and that will last all day.
I have cycled them around 40+ times and i am starting see performance drop using the stock charger.
The only complaint i have is it tends to shut off if i vape to long but less then the 10 second cut off,It is just annoying.

Ozzybozzy

Dec 22, 2014
I have the V6 and i will use both battery's that came with the kit in a day.I added a 18650 3100 and that will last all day.
I have cycled them around 40+ times and i am starting see performance drop using the stock charger.
The only complaint i have is it tends to shut off if i vape to long but less then the 10 second cut off,It is just annoying.

I ordered the Nitecore i2 instead of the i4 because its much handy than the i4 when traveling

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread