Not open for further replies.

chanelvaps

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2013
Burbank CAlifornia
Got my Vamo a few weeks ago and really never messed around with it much as far as settings and menu. Read a thread last night that said it was important to put it in RMS mode so I followed instructions and did that.
Nothing has been the same since. Sometimes it reads V, sometimes it reads W, never know where it is at and then today when I was changing a coil I went to check the OHMS and got "danger" flashing, some smoke (from coil)
Turned it off, took out battery and now I am scared of it.
What in the world happened and how do I get it back to the no nonsense way I had it

darkmader

ECF Veteran
Oct 23, 2012
Minnesota
I think I got that danger message about a week ago. My Vamo V5 is probably 3 months old now. My bat was around 3.6v so there were no issues there and it wouldn't fire a few times and said low voltage which is odd because it's never happened before and I've had the V1/V2/V5 and been using those 3 for a year now. I figured it was probably my AW IMR 18650 bats as god knows how many times I've charged the two. Anyways, I saw some text on the vamo for a nano second and couldn't read it but it was pretty long and nothing I've ever seen before. I've had no issues with it since but I think it was just the safety feature kicking in. I run my 2 protanks 2.6ohms at 6.5 watts so that's not high or anything but if it happens again I'll change the spring on it as I have better ones than the stock one and I'm in the market for a new bat anyways so I can update as I go along once I get more facts if it happens again.

Sad Society

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 5, 2009
Los Angeles, CA
The Vamo 5 has an output mode setting. If you hold down the plus/up button (the button that you hold down to read ohms) long enough with no load on it. It should say 9.9 ohms. But hold it down long enough and it will give you a MOBILE OUTPUT ON message. If you attach a load in this mode it will keep firing and eventually give a danger message.

IDK if this is your problem. But if it is, you can press the fire button and it will exit this mode.

WarHawk-AVG

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 27, 2013
H-Town
The Vamo 5 has an output mode setting. If you hold down the plus/up button (the button that you hold down to read ohms) long enough with no load on it. It should say 9.9 ohms. But hold it down long enough and it will give you a MOBILE OUTPUT ON message. If you attach a load in this mode it will keep firing and eventually give a danger message.

IDK if this is your problem. But if it is, you can press the fire button and it will exit this mode.
I wonder if that is the firmware from TECS MSK-2000

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread