vamo questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
My local shop had the black chrome and stainless model. I passed on the black chrome because of finger prints. I have bad OCD with keeping shiny stuff clean so I would be wiping it down more than vaping on it but that's probably just me. I've had the stainless version for a couple weeks now and I'm very happy with it if that helps you at all.

shedevil7953

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 24, 2013
Central Indiana
I have the V2 in chrome and black chrome. I also just recently bought 2 V2s in blue chrome from fasttech. I have the chrome covered in a black ostrich J wrap so I wouldn't ding it. I've debated on getting clear wraps for the blues but right now I just love looking at the blue. At some point when they start getting scratched, I probably will get them. I personally have had the V2s for awhile and love them. I have a Provari that I only use in the morning with my coffee. I don't want to drop it, etc. I use the Vamos all the time in the evening when I get home from work. You can't go wrong.

EBates

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 4, 2013
Texas
I own AL v2, SS v2s, SS v3, SS v5. The v5 has a removable top cap, new firmware and display. All that said the only significant (other than the display cosmetics) is the ability to know whether you pressed the fire button in the case of a mis-fire. The display can be set to show Battery/Atomizer/Voltage or Wattage setting when the fire button is pressed. I find that this could save some abuse of the fire button.

Mowgli

Runs with scissors
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 25, 2013
Taxachusetts
I was using SS V2s for many months. I got a SS V5 and the 2s now sit at my workstation for dry-burning coils.
I like it enough that I just ordered another. The screen's better and I like that it shows the wattage I'm hitting at.
I used J Wraps on the first two but got a SerenityGear leather sleeve and use those now instead of wraps.

I always use 18650 mode so that's the size mod sleeves I use. The flexi sleeve has a built in loop.

SerenityGear Leather - Home

12571781964_c7fe3db717_o.jpg

read these -

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/vamo/355592-vamo-battery-thread.html

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/vamo/359600-vamo-vv-vw-v2-user-manual-download.html

have fun :)

Last edited:

rucni

ECF Veteran
i have the black chrome V3 and its always in my pocket and its getting scratched to hell. top ring comes off and have enough space to fit the protank beauty ring, which i suggest everyone use to keep tank from coming off also it can help with air flow. my avatar has both my vamo's on it. SS tube between top ring and main body to protect my tank from coming off in my pocket and helps if it falls, as long as it doesnt break the glass.

EBates

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 4, 2013
Texas
I have a vamo v2 that's chrome. I was looking at the vamo v5. Are there any significant differences? Any smaller? Anyone seen the black chrome in person to know how it is?

I own a SS V2, AL V2, SS V3, SS V5 functionally they are all basically the same.
Cosmetically the V3 and V5 have:
New OLED display and menu with the ability to show Battery, Atomizer or Current V/W setting when the fire button is pressed
Supposedly the V3/5 do not have Mean/RMS setting, but mine do
V5 body the same as the V2 except for removable Top Cap
V3 body has swirles in the metal and removable Top Cap

Never wanted anything other than SS Vamos due to the finish either being a fingerprint magnet or getting scratched up.
Of the 4 Vamo's I own the AL V2 is my favorite. I've been using it exclusively for two weeks now and it's been flawless. It also is the least expensive mod I own

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread