Vamo hiccup part 2!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi again guys, update on the Vamo, I have purchased charger with 2 18650 batteries, the batteries are ultra fire which I know aren't the best but they came with it, I have been using 2x 18350 which work great in the Vamo long lasting and plenty of power(3.7v 900mAh), now, the 18650 are button top and 18350 flat top, would this matter? the Vamo fails to fire on the 18650 and of course the tank (Kanger pro) floods so i have to strip it, the 18650 are 3.7v 3000mAh and according to the Vamo are pushing 4.2v at full charge, am I right in thinking that 18350 x2 at 3.7v gives you 7v of power compared to 4v off the 18650? Hence the Kanger fires better with the twin coil? Also I changed tanks on the Vamo yesterday and put on my Vivi Nova for a different vape, i usually vape this tank on my 618 pipe on 18350 single battery and it works great, but on the Vamo it fired once then failed, unscrewed it and put on again it fired again then failed? Batteries were good fire button working on the Vamo but no vape, put it back on my 618 and it worked fine?....... tried the Kanger on the 618 pipe and that struggled to vape? I thought oh it must be the 18350 battery but the the Kanger works fine on the Vamo in mini mode off one 18350? Ha! should of stuck to the Ego's me thinks!
Cheers in advance.....confused!:closedeyes
Note: just put full charged 18350 x2 in the Vamo with Kanger on, set to 5v 11w vaping great! Took Vivi Nova off 618 pipe put on Vamo set to 4v 11w.... dead, put back on 618 pipe vaping well? Put Kanger back on Vamo set to 5v 11w working like a steam pipe!.... still confused?

Last edited:

CreepyLady

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2013
Salem, MA, USA
Hello - Sorry you are still having issues. As far as stacking batteries - it requires a lot of attention and marrying pairs of batteries. In your case in a regulated APV - the only thing that would change with stacked batteries is your mAh (battery life per use). You will only put out whatever voltage you have your device set to - that is how its designed to work.

As far as ultrafire batteries - that is probably the rest of your problem. Crappy batteries and a crappy charger can cause a multitude of problems. I understand that they came with it - most of these "starter kits" with a mod, batteries and a charger has batteries and a charger that are not worth using. They are of extremely poor quality and if you search around you will see a multitude of issues folks are having that are resolved by a good battery and charger.

If you want it to work properly, you have to power it properly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread