VAMO APV Version 2 Spring problem OFFICIALLY FIXED on all New Purchases!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

texastone

ECF Veteran
Jan 2, 2013
South Dakota
Yep its official just like the V2 Stainless Steel version I just recieved from VAMO Rev.2 Variable Power (adjustable wattage), Variable Voltage APV - Polished Stainless there are no problems with battery rattle or not making contact weather stacked, shortened or with a good ole 18650. It was stated "Spring problem fixed:
All current new batch of APV comes with a longer spring to make sure that the li-ion batteries can reach the battery caps well.

You can get this from the website below as well. Just thought you would like to know officially.
Read more: VAMO APV Version 2 | VMax,APV and Variable Voltage Mods | eSmoker Online VAMO APV Version 2 | VMax,APV and Variable Voltage Mods | eSmoker Online

meli.

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 10, 2012
Private Suite GroenDakkies
Depends on when they received their stock, some vendors have had their vamo's dispatched with an extra newer spring, some have the newer spring and some have the old wimpy spring, best practice contact the vendor and ask them, no point in ordering a Vamo only to find it doesn't have the newer spring, then having to wait an age for them to send you a new one or trying to find a suitable alternative.

DontBurnIt

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 6, 2013
Arlington, TX
The problem is, the Chinese can't make a paperclip worth having.

I just bought a Vamo v2. It's a cool device, but the battery still rattles cause the spring is ultra wimpy. I heated it up the other day with a long vape and the spring just collapsed. I haven't had other problems with it though. Would be a good idea to get replacement springs from other suppliers.

kiwivap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2012
New Zealand

Depends on the battery to some extent. A lot of us just stretched the spring up a bit. Not so much a rattle as a small movement. Unless some-one intends on shaking the hell out of their mod. Its the most recent springs that were an issue with resistance. You could always shoot Eric an email at DV if you're concerned. He's quite safety conscious. He posts safety warnings from ECF on his RBA section.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread