Status
Not open for further replies.

onjre

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 8, 2013
Knoxville, TN, USA
Hey guys,
I recently got my new vamo v2 in chrome. The 510 threads are the worst threads I've ever used. They're tapped out too big and all my attys wobble. This is nothing new to most of us but I noticed that an old ego cone I had threads down solidly onto the ego threads. These threads are bigger around which will make them much stronger.

So here's my idea for a possible fix to the 510 threading problems everyone is having. We need an ego to 510 adapter. An initial google search turned up nothing. Please note I'm talking about ego TO 510 NOT 510 to ego.

Has anyone come across an ego to 510 adapter. I think this would be a super cheap and easy fix for this pervasive problem but I can't find one.

Update: I found something that "looks" right but it says it's an ecab to 510 adapter. I wouldn't initially think that ecab=ego but the site says that ecab IS compatible with ego-c A style atomizers which I'm pretty sure have a standard ego threading. Can anyone confirm this?

http://www.vapehut.com/Joye-E-Cab-s/73.htm

Last edited:

Train2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
CA, USA
I got a VAMO this week (in a trade!) and immediately decided to use it with T3's, MiniPTanks and EVODs, while continuing to use ProTanks on my SVD. The PTank sits a little above the collar unsupported, and even on the EGO threads, there's a TINY bit of crookedness that you can overcome with a TOUCH of pressure and another 5 degree turn.

I really like the VAMO otherwise, but the threading is crap.

mymods2.jpg

onjre

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 8, 2013
Knoxville, TN, USA
Well, I pulled the trigger on that ecab to 510 adapter. Should be here in a few days and I'll report whether it fits. My fear is that since the ecab does not have the 510 threading in the middle the adapter doesn't have to fit over it to work with the ecab (even IF it's the right threading). Here's a picture of what I mean.

ego-ecab.jpg

onjre

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 8, 2013
Knoxville, TN, USA
I got a VAMO this week (in a trade!) and immediately decided to use it with T3's, MiniPTanks and EVODs, while continuing to use ProTanks on my SVD. The PTank sits a little above the collar unsupported, and even on the EGO threads, there's a TINY bit of crookedness that you can overcome with a TOUCH of pressure and another 5 degree turn.

I really like the VAMO otherwise, but the threading is crap.

View attachment 256346

I don't mean to be knocking the vamo. I really like mine and certainly don't want to get rid of it. I'm blowing CLOUDS at 4V with a 2.3ohm micro-coil I just wrapped. And you really can't find any vv/vw mod at this price (~$28 from FT). This one threading issue is (almost) the only drawback with the vamo and if that ~$4 part can fix it we need to get the word out.

Ronald3638

ECF Veteran
Aug 16, 2013
Zeeland, MI, USA
If this works it would be great to know. My threads are fine at this point but then I rarely remove my RSST.

To help protect the threads I'm using a straight eGo cone threaded trim ring which I have adjusted so the air hole is in the proper position with respect to the button, then I can tighten the RSST to the trim ring so it's good and stable, but I'd like to be using it for more than just the RSST.

Last edited:

onjre

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 8, 2013
Knoxville, TN, USA
Yeah, if this ecab to 510 thing doesn't work I think I'm going to try the airflow control ring method. The only reason I hesitate is that it's still threading into the vamo's 510 threads and I think I got a particularly bad one. Every time I pull the top off my RBA I fear that I'm just going to rip the thing right out.

If I do go with the AFC ring method I'll probably try to glue it in place with some kind of conductive epoxy. By the time I'm done fixing this thing it's going to have cost me $50. lol

K_Tech

Slightly mad but harmless
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Eastern Ohio, USA
Yeah, it's from stealthvape I think but again it's like 25 bucks with shipping which is almost the cost of the vamo.

It would still be worth it to me, because I really like my Vamo otherwise, so I can justify putting a total of $50 into a mod I love. Thanks for the info!

onjre

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 8, 2013
Knoxville, TN, USA

onjre

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 8, 2013
Knoxville, TN, USA
Got vapemail today! :laugh: The ecab to 510 is so sleek and shiny! All chromed out and perfect. It's a work of ART. It's also useless for ego to 510. The diameter is too small.

On another note, my nimbus clone refused to thread into the vamo today so I've been HOLDING it on to vape. I kid you not. This is very tricky to do but it can be done with one hand!

When I got home from work I squeezed the 510 connector with a pair of needle nose pliers to make some of the threads contact and now the nimbus will stay on by itself again... for tonight anyway.

VaporTrailz

ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2009
Eastern NC
I stripped the 510 threads on my Vamo last week when I dropped it with a Vivi Nova tank attached. I take a little piece of paper towel, fold it over on itself several times, drop it into the thread hole on the vamo, but pressed up against the threads. Then thread the Vivi back on to the Vamo using the piece of paper towel as sort of a wedge to force the Vivi threads to mate with the Vamo threads. The tank sits on there crooked and if I have to pull the tank off it is a pain in the ... to redo all of these steps...but it works until I get a new Vamo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread