V4L auto battery stays on by itself!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZeldaKitty

Apr 16, 2011
Portland, OR
I apologize in advance as I see there are other posts regarding this, but I've read through 30 pages of posts and am still a bit unclear on how dangerous this might be. . .

My V4L XL diamond batt (KR808D) started acting "funny" tonight . . I heard sizzling when I wasn't drawing on it, so I removed the carto. The LED stayed lit even with no carto attached. It did this several times.

From what I have read, this may indicate that I've gotten some juice into my batt. I don't drip or top off my carts without removing them from the batt first, but maybe a cart was overfilled and dripped into the battery???? I understand the auto batts are quite touchy where juice leakage is concerned - a bit of gunk gets in and there and a good batt dies an early death. I tried cleaning it and even blowing into it from both the carto end and the LED end This would also cause the light to stay on. I've read that simply letting the batt hang around for a few days to "dry out" might also work. But is it safe to do this?

Now I'm freaked out that this thing will go off when I'm not around, explode, and burn my house down . . . help! I'm I being a stupid blonde here? If it's dead, fine, I can deal, but I'm concerned. I'm cautious with my batts and NEVER leave them unattended while charging. It's like this thing is possessed!

Help a noob out here, please!:blush:

vapi

ECF Veteran
Jan 15, 2011
Ohio
This happened to me, I thought it was possessed too! I use a small toothbrush and small alcohol wipes, brush the bristles on the wipes and clean the batt. I also blow out excess juice from the cartomizer and brush with some alcohol on the threads of the carto. I don't know if it's still happening because I gave those batts to my husband and he uses them while he works. They haven't exploded, yet and it's been a few months since this happened. But I did invest in some new batteries afterwards just in case the battery died. They haven't died but I think lost some power. I used auto but since have switched to all manual.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread