V2 Pro Tank

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jman8

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 15, 2013
Wisconsin
Sorry, not sure where to put this and as there isn't an article I'm citing, I won't be providing a link. But V2 is pretty well known and what I'm alluding to can be found on google search rather easily. But V2, the brand I still use, has come out (or is still launching) a new product line called "V2 Pro" with 3 products called "Series 3," "Series 7," and "Series 9."

All tank systems and all seemingly advanced. Also seemingly pretty expensive. I post here cause it is similar to news in this sub-forum where Blu is now making pro kit tanks.

As one who doesn't use tanks (or APVs), I am curious what you all think of these new devices?

But more curious if you see this being as big of a deal as what Blu just did and how it plays into proposed regulations? V2 is huge in SFATA so, I'm thinking they wouldn't be launching if they (BV) didn't think the product would be around for awhile (at least 2 years).

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
Sorry, not sure where to put this and as there isn't an article I'm citing, I won't be providing a link. But V2 is pretty well known and what I'm alluding to can be found on google search rather easily. But V2, the brand I still use, has come out (or is still launching) a new product line called "V2 Pro" with 3 products called "Series 3," "Series 7," and "Series 9."

All tank systems and all seemingly advanced. Also seemingly pretty expensive. I post here cause it is similar to news in this sub-forum where Blu is now making pro kit tanks.

As one who doesn't use tanks (or APVs), I am curious what you all think of these new devices?

But more curious if you see this being as big of a deal as what Blu just did and how it plays into proposed regulations? V2 is huge in SFATA so, I'm thinking they wouldn't be launching if they (BV) didn't think the product would be around for awhile (at least 2 years).

Like the Blu, no replaceable coils would be a downside for a majority of vapers here. Maybe not so much with the gas station/cigarette store market.

My cost on coils is between $0.75 and $1.50 depending if I buy bulk. I've really had only a few tanks (Kanger T3/T3S types) that I had to throw away. And many coils have lasted a month or more - I put them in a vodka bath when the draw become tight and that's good for about 2 or 3 cleanings.

As far as the proposed regulations go - there was nothing like this available in the US market in Feb '07, so either (as I've mentioned in my response to Bill on another thread) they would have to be found 'SE' via using the 'essential aspects' of those that existed in '07 or they'd have to be introduced as a brand new product to be approved directly by the FDA.

Jman8

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 15, 2013
Wisconsin
Like the Blu, no replaceable coils would be a downside for a majority of vapers here. Maybe not so much with the gas station/cigarette store market.

My cost on coils is between $0.75 and $1.50 depending if I buy bulk. I've really had only a few tanks (Kanger T3/T3S types) that I had to throw away. And many coils have lasted a month or more - I put them in a vodka bath when the draw become tight and that's good for about 2 or 3 cleanings.

Would the V2 product make a difference (to you) if their 'lifetime warranty' was included? I've never had to throw a dead battery out as I get them replaced when that occurs. Can't say the same will be true for this new line though.

As far as the proposed regulations go - there was nothing like this available in the US market in Feb '07, so either (as I've mentioned in my response to Bill on another thread) they would have to be found 'SE' via using the 'essential aspects' of those that existed in '07 or they'd have to be introduced as a brand new product to be approved directly by the FDA.

Or they are lobbying Congress in way that you and I agree with and grandfather date will be adjusted.

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
Would the V2 product make a difference (to you) if their 'lifetime warranty' was included? I've never had to throw a dead battery out as I get them replaced when that occurs. Can't say the same will be true for this new line though.

Or they are lobbying Congress in way that you and I agree with and grandfather date will be adjusted.

I don't think they're lobbying for a different grandfather date. I think they benefit more with the current proposal.

As far as lifetime warranty, my Joye eGo-c's have the best short and charge protection available in that size. I like all their other features and size. According to tests done earlier, our talented techies can't even blow them up and that gives me more assurance than a lifetime warranty. They last me about 2 years and cost $15-17 a piece. Between my wife and I, we spend about $6/month on hardware and $18/month on eliquid - but I buy bulk for DIY.

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
Port-of-Spain, Trinidad & Tobago

Gee I dunno.
Don't know a thing about them.

Jman8

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 15, 2013
Wisconsin
I don't think they're lobbying for a different grandfather date. I think they benefit more with the current proposal.

"They" being SFATA, or "they" being V2? Somewhat rhetorical clarification cause I think it important to remind people that V2 founded SFATA and that organization now includes a whole lot of vendors.

No one other than you or I (that I know of) is lobbying for a different grandfather date.

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
"They" being SFATA, or "they" being V2? Somewhat rhetorical clarification cause I think it important to remind people that V2 founded SFATA and that organization now includes a whole lot of vendors.

No one other than you or I (that I know of) is lobbying for a different grandfather date.

Oh yeah.... I misunderstood - I meant the FDA, since that is the last thing I mentioned before your reply :facepalm:

I'm sure there are others that may mention a change in the grandfather date but it's a remote possibility as things stand now - majority in the Senate and hence committee chairs like Harkin, Durbin, et. al., so many will focus on other more possible things I suppose. I still mention it in every email to any Representative. And will do so in the FDA comments as well. I think I already mentioned it in two within the context that it is a near ex post facto deal that will be challenged wrt the RFA and also in the courts, since at the time, very few ecigs existed on the US market.

As far as SFATA goes, I'll stick with my history on such type of groups and what they became. Like freshmen Congress critters, they go in with ideals and come out with deals :) And they sometimes sell certain companies and consumers down the river, in order to achieve a competitive advantage for members via gov't. Compromise becomes SOP and 'safety' the excuse.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread