USP Grade Nicotine question

Status
Not open for further replies.

unIGIon

Verified Member
Jun 4, 2012
NY
Been vaping over a year now. My go to vendors have always been Vermillion River, Alien Visions, ***** *****, Halo, and Johnson Creek. For the last six months I've only been vaping Johnson Creek and sometimes Halo. My nic is usually 24mg. I ordered from Vermillion, AVE, and ***** ***** a week ago cuz I got tired of the same old flavors. I've been feeling like crap shortly after vaping these juices but when I vape Johnson Creek and Halo, I start to feel better within the hour. Seeing as I'm always at 24mg of nic, I'm thinking it might have something to do with the quality of the nicotine. Both Johnson Creek and Halo state on their website that they use USP Grade nicotine but I cannot find any information on the quality of the nicotine from the other three vendors. I called ***** ***** and the person I talked to argued that there is no USP Grade for nicotine but assured me they use the highest quality. Has anyone else experienced this? The feeling is familiar cuz I remember feeling like this alot last year when I vaped these juices but I didn't really think anything of it and assumed I needed more exercise or something. Could be the flavorings but I'm leaning more towards the nic because I've had no side effects from all the different flavors from Johnson Creek and Halo. Maybe some suggestions on other companies that use USP Grade nic? Thanks

Dieseler

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 24, 2011
Illinois
Nic is based with either Propylene Glycol or Vegetable Glycerin then flavoring added.

I mix my own much much cheaper and not as hard as one thinks.
A mix calculator makes it precise which is easy to use as one just enters amount strength etc and it tells you what to measure out.

Anyways your nic base if your buying already made e-liquid the nic base should be Propylene Glycol USP Grade Kosher Certified or Vegetable Glycerin USP Grade Kosher Certified.

Other than that to control it and save lots of money learn how to make your own and you control what your vaping. ; )
Best to you.

Reactions: unIGIon

unIGIon

Verified Member
Jun 4, 2012
NY
Nic is based with either Propylene Glycol or Vegetable Glycerin then flavoring added.

I mix my own much much cheaper and not as hard as one thinks.
A mix calculator makes it precise which is easy to use as one just enters amount strength etc and it tells you what to measure out.

Anyways your nic base if your buying already made e-liquid the nic base should be Propylene Glycol USP Grade Kosher Certified or Vegetable Glycerin USP Grade Kosher Certified.

Other than that to control it and save lots of money learn how to make your own and you control what your vaping. ; )
Best to you.

I've tried DIYing before and all the flavors I bought sucked. I think it was flavor apprentice or something. I don't know much about finding unique diy flavors.

unIGIon

Verified Member
Jun 4, 2012
NY
Nicotine is not USP. The liquid carriers (PG&VG) are USP.

I'll refrain from speculation about your ill feeling when vaping certain liquids. Good luck with that.

Then why does it say usp grade nicotine on both halo and johnson creek websites? I know what you're saying about pg and vg and I was thrown off by this as well cuz I've never seen nicotine labeled as usp grade but if u go on those two sites, that's what it says

Sane Asylum

ECF Veteran
Sep 20, 2013
Maryland, USA
Halo and Vermillion River are my two favorite liquid suppliers and have not had any problem with either.

Here's an interesting link to a company called Vermillion River Supply which sells premium pure USP nicotine. The address for this company is the same as Vermillion River E Juice. I would think that they use this nicotine in their liquids. You can also order 0mg liquid to see if it is the nicotine....or maybe you could have an intolerance to an ingredient.

Welcome to Vermillion River Supply

unIGIon

Verified Member
Jun 4, 2012
NY
Halo and Vermillion River are my two favorite liquid suppliers and have not had any problem with either.

Here's an interesting link to a company called Vermillion River Supply which sells premium pure USP nicotine. The address for this company is the same as Vermillion River E Juice. I would think that they use this nicotine in their liquids. You can also order 0mg liquid to see if it is the nicotine....or maybe you could have an intolerance to an ingredient.

Welcome to Vermillion River Supply

Thanks for the link. I agree, they must be using this nicotine. They're both out of Lakeville, MN.

Reactions: Dieseler
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread