Using RDAs & RDTAs On Ipower 80w

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dreezy

Jan 18, 2019
Do you use RDAs or RDTAs on the eleaf ipower?

What coil build works best for you?
Does it drain battery life?
Dual or single coil build?

Up to this point I've stuck to sub-ohm tanks. I prefer flavor over clouds and have heard that RDAs and RDTAs provide fuller flavor vaping. My girl has the 80w Ipower and I have the IKuun 200w mod. I ask for the 80w just to get a sense of what to look for. But if you could provide insight on using builds on the 200w mod I would really appreciate it.

Reactions: stols001

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
One advantage of RBAs over coil cartridges is they tend to use much lower wattage for equivalent DL vaping. A large capacity 80w device like the power should have no trouble handeling the 30-40w generally needed for a hefty DL RBA vape. I personally prefer large diameter single coils over double coils because the vapor output is nearly the same and they are significantly simpler to deal with because you don’t have to worry about matching coil outputs so less accuracy is required. It’s mostly just personal preference though.

Dreezy

Jan 18, 2019
I see.
That's something I wondered about, was what resistance is best for a mod like that or even the 200w mod. A lot of the posts I've read so far all mention lower wattage so I figured the 80w mod could handle a lot. And I also wanted to know about single and dual coils too. But that makes sense. Having to worry about one coil rather then putting 2 in. Thanks.

Dreezy

Jan 18, 2019
H
Hi and welcome,
What tank(s) and coil(s) are you using now on the 80W? on the 200W?
Which RDA/RDTA are you considering buying/using on the 80W? /200W?

Where are you located?

Cheers
I
I.. and thank you.

On the 80w
Aspire clieto exo, .2 coil

On the 200e
I use the same aspire tank, switch coils between .4 and .2. I have a few other tanks but that tank I use most.

I haven't decided. Been looking though. The one I choose would probably be bought for both mods as my girl wants one too.

Smokey James

Unresolved Status
Jan 19, 2019

Up to this point I've stuck to sub-ohm tanks. I prefer flavor over clouds and have heard that RDAs and RDTAs provide fuller flavor vaping. My girl has the 80w Ipower and I have the IKuun 200w mod. I ask for the 80w just to get a sense of what to look for. But if you could provide insight on using builds on the 200w mod I would really appreciate it.
Dreezy, I have a Zeus RDTA attached to my eleaf iPower mod. I'm using dual 0.36 ohm coils at a 68.0 watt setting vw. My mod hasn't been drained yet by the batteries. Batteries are efest 18650 and work well. I would suggest that if that's the mod you wish to get, try a Dead Rabbit RTA by hellvape, put in dual coils ( try 0.26-0.36 prebuilt coils) and fresh organic cotton. Wick with any juice you love and screw together the tank. Fill with your favorite juice, set it to 68.0 watts, and let her rip! If it doesn't satisfy you the way mine does, I'll buy you a different tank (and juice)!

Sent from my Moto E (4) using Tapatalk

Reactions: Dreezy

DeloresRose

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2014
toledo ohio

I have the eleaf ipower 80w but use it for building/ dry burning. Because it’s cheap, easy, and I won’t cry if I break it. If I were going to use it all day, I’d probably go with a single coil (around.5 is where I make them) but more importantly, the RTA would have to be smaller so it wouldn’t overhang.

It could handle a dual coil for me because I’m a low wattage vaper even at lower ohms. And by low ohms, for me that’s a dual coil at about .25.

My mods that are higher wattage are big enough for any tank I have and I pair them with dual coils.

Sorry I can’t be specific about an exact wattage; each tank, each flavor, and each mod perform differently, and my preferences would likely not be the same as yours anyway.

Reactions: Dreezy

Dreezy

Jan 18, 2019
Dreezy, I have a Zeus RDTA attached to my eleaf iPower mod. I'm using dual 0.36 ohm coils at a 68.0 watt setting vw. My mod hasn't been drained yet by the batteries. Batteries are efest 18650 and work well. I would suggest that if that's the mod you wish to get, try a Dead Rabbit RTA by hellvape, put in dual coils ( try 0.26-0.36 prebuilt coils) and fresh organic cotton. Wick with any juice you love and screw together the tank. Fill with your favorite juice, set it to 68.0 watts, and let her rip! If it doesn't satisfy you the way mine does, I'll buy you a different tank (and juice)!

Sent from my Moto E (4) using Tapatalk

Thanks for the suggestions. I have looked at the hellvape rta and considered it. I will try those coils and see how it performs.
Lol.. I appreciate the confidence to offer that. But I dont mind getting another tank. Im pretty sure I can make something work if that doesn't work out.

Thanks again.

Dreezy

Jan 18, 2019
I have the eleaf ipower 80w but use it for building/ dry burning. Because it’s cheap, easy, and I won’t cry if I break it. If I were going to use it all day, I’d probably go with a single coil (around.5 is where I make them) but more importantly, the RTA would have to be smaller so it wouldn’t overhang.

It could handle a dual coil for me because I’m a low wattage vaper even at lower ohms. And by low ohms, for me that’s a dual coil at about .25.

My mods that are higher wattage are big enough for any tank I have and I pair them with dual coils.

Sorry I can’t be specific about an exact wattage; each tank, each flavor, and each mod perform differently, and my preferences would likely not be the same as yours anyway.
I'm thinking about going single coil on the 80W and trying dual coils on my 200 watt mod. Just so I can experience and find something I like. From what I've read though single builds are better for flavor and that's what I'm looking for.

Reactions: DeloresRose
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread