Using E-cigs to quit nicotine altogether...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heed

ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2008
Dasein
I quit nic and smoking using the ecig. I still vape a bit of 0 nic, but not nearly as often.

I just cut back on strength over about 4-6 months or so. Basically, I just lowered down from my 18mg starting strength to an 11mg and then a 8mg and then to 0. I'd make one drop to the lower strength and then keep steady there for a couple of refill orders on liquid and then drop down again and stay steady for a couple or refill orders, etc.

I found that for about 2 weeks after dropping strength I'd be hitting pretty heavily and quite constantly on the ecig, but after that it settled back down to my more usual pattern of usage. Same again on my next drop down, etc. Eventually I had some 0 nic and some 8mg and would just mix down the 8mg to about 4mg or alternate between 0 nic and 8mg when I felt cravings. Essentially, just use 0 nic unless I felt a strong need and then hit with some nic to satisfy and then go back to 0 nic.

Honestly, I was quite easy for me. I found out that nicotine wasn't nearly as addictive in my case as I thought it was. The hand to mouth action and feeling of inhaling/exhaling was the stronger part of the addiction.

Try cutting down your nic, you might be surprised at what part of smoking cigarettes has the real hold on you.

Oh, I was a 24 year smoker with a 20+ a day habit.

Last edited:

OneAsia

Moved On
Feb 23, 2010
manila
www.want2quitsmoking.com
  • Deleted by AngusATAT
  • Reason: spam

Keebler

Dec 18, 2009
Clearwater, FL
I am using ecigs to quit nicotine and it is not painless. I started Christmas with 18mg, and each 30ml bottle I buy I drop the level. I just started today with 3mg (5ml of Halo 6mg cut with 5mg of methol 0mg) That will last me a week and I have to be nic free by the 21st for surgury.
I have tried everyhting to quit, but always missed the act of smoking too much. Each time I cut the level I had a few days of anxiety and then I settled down as my body got used to the new level. Last week I realized that 6mg was calming me just as easily as 18mg was 100 days ago. By wed I will be used to 3mg and I am planning to be nic free by Sun the 19th.:thumb:
It will work if you stick to it. It is easier than all the other methods I have tried, but it does take some willpower to commit to it. In the end it will be worth it.

edlogic

ECF Veteran
Jun 7, 2009
jax fla usa
www.edlogic.com
i tried ecigs and i liked them too much - but i has some side effects from it so i had to stop ecigs

but since i read all the stuff on this forum about people quitting analogs - before i even tried ecigs i decided i would buy enough stuff to last a year - well after i quit ecigs - i had about $ 350 of stuff that i ended up selling for $ 250 in the swap section on this forum

i quit using ecigs and i started using vaporizers - i have an iolite portable and a silver surfer vaporizer - i used them for a few months then i finally quit nicotine for good - over a month ago

now i have 2 vaporizers and 10 pounds of tobacco to sell

over $ 700 dollars worth that i will sell for about $ 500 i guess

i will put a message on the swap / sell thread

thanks to this forum and trying ecigs - i am ->

nicotine free after more than 35 years of smoking and chewing tobacco - praise God and Jesus Christ - i have prayed for this for a long time

I started vaping not too long ago, for the same reason., to quit all together. I have been on 0 Nic for almost a week now. I notice a difference in flavor most def, but it is keeping me happy...since my problem is a oral fixation combine with the warm feeling of the throat. I noticed that the 0 Nic has little to no TH. I tried cutting the e Juice with Vodka ( I have no Everclear) for some TH, but makes the carto taste BAD !! I Need TH, Can sombody help me ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread