Using dip tobacco like snus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ande

ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2011
Korea
Has anybody tried this?

I've used snus occasionally over the years. It didn't get me off the smokes, but I like it. (vaping got me off the smokes.)

But living where I do, snus is hard to come by. Mail order only, and tax doubles the price.

I live near an army base, though, so US smokeless brands like skoal and copenhagen are fairly easy to buy. I never liked dipping much, cause of the spitting. But I've found, it's not the tobacco itself that makes you need to spit, it's where you put it. Putting a pinch of skoal in my upper lip works very much like snus- slow nicotine release, no spitting.

anyone else try it? I don't do it a lot, but it's sometimes nice around the house, when I want to try something different or don't have a hand free to vape with.

Best,
Ande

hittman

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    Never tried it. Swedish tobacco is prepared differently and has much lower levels of tsna's than dip. For me it's about harm reduction. It's too bad that the taxes are so insane there. That makes it difficult to justify the cost. However, snus will keep for quite some time if frozen or refrigerated so a decent size order should last for quite some time if you are only an occasional user.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread