USB PT not working

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mooler

ECF Veteran
Nov 6, 2009
Florida
This is long and complicated, been going on for a few weeks.

My computer was charging my old 510 w/battery PT just fine, lasted 4-5 months, and I'm a heavy vaper. They were 510 automatic PT which were on sale for about 8 bucks each :). Now the batteries are dead and I couldn't find 510 Auto PT without battery + I read the thread on KR808-1 to 510 being a good combo, so I ordered the KR PT and adapters... and its not working.

I have ...
2x KR808-1 USB PT (from 2 suppliers, same thing tho)
2x KR808-1 atomizer to 510 battery adapters (2 different kinds)
1x KR808 Battery
3x 510 USB PT w/o battery, Auto
6x 510 Atomizers that work great, from cignot & totally wicked
2x USB AC Adapters (cignot)

I thought the USB output might be too low for the direct USB so I ordered the wall adapters and got them today, no luck. I have a working atty on the KR but no vape.

I wonder if its the adapters or the USB PT that's not working?

I thought it was the adapters. KR Battery wont work with them either. But it is my only KR battery, and I have no KR Atomizer to test it with...

But since I ordered multiple adapters from different places that are completely different, and multiple from each site, I'm just not ready to say all of them are bad!

It seems just as likely to me that the battery AND both PT are not working as the adapters are bad.

One of the places I ordered from said that I might need to adjust the adapters, but I'm not really happy with that, and I have not seen anyone else say they had to adjust them. Has anyone ever had to adjust their adapter which was purchased specifically for a KR808-510?

Also... I ordered the 510 Auto PT w/o battery and it wont work either! I tried both the computer, the AC Outlet, and my car battery jumper usb port, getting no heat at all from the atty.

But. My Bartleby charges just fine off all these USB ports...

Did I get a bunch of defective junk??

Any tips?

Last edited:

Mooler

ECF Veteran
Nov 6, 2009
Florida
Last edited:

Mooler

ECF Veteran
Nov 6, 2009
Florida
Wall USB Chargers:

500ma AC-USB adapter with US plug for USB charger - Spare Parts - Wholesale & Retail Best E-smoking Supplier (although they sell the KR808d-1 nobattery USB PT....

2a but out of stock. USB Dual Power Adapter I found several references to this one here on ECF.

PureSmoker's PureSmoker.com - PS Manual Passthrough V2 is sold without a higher power adapter, and on their forum for this device, there is no talk of a special 2a wall adapter, the only adapter mentioned is a 1a, and someone says they vape directly off their PC... I'm sooo confused.... Are some USB ports that much more powerful?

I've found KR808D PT on several sites and none of them have a wall adapter specifically at 1200ma + tho some of them do have wall adapters without specifying the output rating.

I've reviewed around 100 ads on amazon and ebay... most of them dont state the output rating in amps.

I'm missing something here...?

Israfil

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 2, 2009
Las Vegas, NV (in a small cloud)
If you find yourself hard up with plenty of spare parts you could always delve into the addictive world of modding. Made a passthrough with an old usb wire, an rf coax cable jack (Posted the walkthrough in the battery mod forum), electrical tape, and hot glue. Works great off either my computer's usb ports or the Iphone charger wall jack.

Sorry I can't be more useful as to whether yours are broken or not. :( Not an electrician, just a tinkerer.

David Bruno

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 18, 2009
Iron Mountain , Michigan
I bought several 510 P/T'S that ese a battery for my computer at the office. Very little vapor, even in a wall converter. I bought a power P/T
from my vaporstore.com and it provides more vapor than my 510 mega battery! I just ordered another. This unit doesn't have a batt in the middle. GREAT STUFF for 15.95. MVP is a great vendor as well. My batt operated PT'S are in a drawer.
dave

Mooler

ECF Veteran
Nov 6, 2009
Florida
The battery PT do work well off lower power USB. It's a great solution for the short 510 battery life, the PT batteries last much longer and charge constantly even while vaping.

We may have to mod to get the power for the direct PT... which leads me back to the question I asked before, why are these being sold without an accompanying power supply for them...

Mooler

ECF Veteran
Nov 6, 2009
Florida
I got the A/C USB Adapter from IndyVaporShop. Their page states that the adapter is 2a on one port. The front of the adapter itself agrees, saying 2000ma, but the back shows this:
5v 1.5a (1 port)
5v 1.5a (2 port)
Port1+Port2 max 1.5a
Which is fine, this is the most accurate info I can give without using a meter.
The Model # is PST-15U, which is also sold at Fry's electronics.

I have a couple KR808 carts now and using this adapter I can vape from the KR808 PT but with little vape.

I tried both my KR808 PT and I tried both my adapters for the 510, I get no vape at all.

I got the adapters and the PT from goodprophets and nhaler.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread