USB PT and Clogged Carto ?'s

Status
Not open for further replies.

SaveFerris

ECF Veteran
Dec 29, 2009
Chi-cago
Just a couple of questions for the professionals out there. I looked thru old posts and did not see exactly what I was looking for.
My USB Pass Thru is not working the way it did when I got it. It now either does not let me inhale, or it will let me inhale for a second or two then stop. If the above happen and I double drag it seems to work. What gives. I do not want to try to take it apart for fear of ruining it all together. Ideas?
Second, anyone have cartos that feel clogged? I have one I cant see thru or blow thru and another that I can see and blow thru but when I put it on a batt it is clogged. Ideas? Tried taking apart an old one with no luck of fixing. Should I just toss em and except the loss?
Thanks in advance!

Rockerella

ECF Veteran
Dec 4, 2009
San Fernando Valley, CA
Hi SF and welcome! It could be that your USB port doesn't have enough power for the PT. I know that's the case with my older laptop. I bought a wall socket/USB converter with 1000 mA output to remedy that.

As for the "clogged" cartos, check and see if the label is covering the "air slits" at the bottom of the cart. Look at a good one and you can see a metal ring around the bottom with slits cut in it. See if your bad cart doesn't have a label that covers the slits. Just peel the label away from the slits or carefully cut the label.

Hope this helps!

SaveFerris

ECF Veteran
Dec 29, 2009
Chi-cago
Thanks so far guys!
My computer is fairly new with upgraded usb ports. So Im not sure why PT is doing that.
No labels blocking air holes as far as I can tell.
Pianoguy, We have a DOA on a 18mg NEW Green Apple Carto :( So please dont tell me how good it would have tasted. I tried everything I could and ended pulling the wicking all the way out and could not get humpty dumpty back together again.

Pawpaw

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 5, 2009
North Texas
I had one carto (and only one) that I could not get a draw on. None. Not even a hint of any air movement.

I straightened out a paper clip and tried to insert it through the battery end. It hit a solid blockage from any angle. I inserted it from the mouth end and a tiny piece of aluminum fell out. It looked sort of like a miniature bullet.

With the blockage removed, it worked great!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread