Upgrading from a halo g6 to a Vamo have a few questions???

Status
Not open for further replies.

obodaour

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 8, 2013
Daytona Beach, FL, USA
Hello,
I'm a relatively new vaper. I have enjoyed the last few months with my Halo g6 starter kit, but find the battery life isn't enough and would like some more options such as VV/VW. So I have decided to buy a Vamo from fasttech. Here's my shopping cart as of now...

Vamo, 6-in-1, Stainless (US Plug) Vamo-Vivi Voltage Adjustable Rechargeable Electronic Cigarette Health Keeping Set
Vamo, 6-in-1, Stainless (US Plug) SKU 1350600 $52.08

Silver, 2.5Ω, w/ Decorative Ring Kanger Protank Clearomizer with Pyrex Glass tank (2.5mL)
Silver, 2.5Ω, w/ Decorative Ring SKU 1377100 $12.09

Coil Heads, 2.5Ω, 5-Pack Authentic Kanger Protank Clearomizer Coil Heads (5-Pack)
Coil Heads, 2.5Ω, 5-Pack SKU 1425902 $7.49 5-pack

VIVI NOVA, 2.8Ω: 5-Pack VIVI NOVA E-Cigarette Atomizer Replacement Coil Head (5-Pack)
VIVI NOVA, 2.8Ω: 5-Pack SKU 1416103 $4.27 5-pack

That seems like it should be everything I need to get max life out of the kit. I am wondering what's the best voltage and wattage to start out at. I have no experience with VV/VW and don't wanna go burning out my coils by doing something wrong. Can anyone share their experiences with the Vamo? Any tips would be much appreciated! Vape on and thanks in advance!!! :vapor:

S1LV3R

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 2, 2009
Knoxville, TN
I dont do watts, tried it, dont like it. i did the ego c twists for 9months and after using them and knowing what my voltage range is, i stick with volts on my vamo/protank. My range is 3.7-4.0 for my mbv double apple and 4.0-4.2 for the halo stuff depending on the hit i want at the moment. I also use the 2.5 ohm heads so that looks like a good call. You will get varying answers from lots of different people because everyone likes it their own way. You will find what works for you with trial and error like most have. Just dont crank it up too far and you will be fine. Start low and go up till you hit your sweet spot.

Might i ask why you are buying vivi nova heads? i dont see a vivi nova in your cart list.

S1LV3R

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 2, 2009
Knoxville, TN
Also make sure you are in rms mode Somebody correct me if I'm wrong but I think it's no2 onthe vamo2 you'll get into trouble in mean mode or you can get the vamo3 and not have to concern yourself with it .

You are correct. no2 is the mode you want. Unless its the Vamo v3 then no sweat cuz thats all it does.

• Hold either the + OR - button for 10 seconds to toggle between modes.
• RMS mode = N02 displayed on screen
• AVG mode = N01 displayed on screen
Whatever version of the mod you may have the voltage method should be remembered
even when batteries are changed.
VARIABLE MODES -- VOLTS OR WATTS
Your device can operate in Variable Voltage mode or Variable Wattage mode.
• Constant voltage. In this mode, you can adjust from 3.0 to 6.0 Volts in 0.1 volt
increments. The voltage that you set will be maintained as accurately as possible by
automatic adjustment of current delivery.
• Constant power. In this mode, you can adjust from 3.0 to 15 Watts in 0.5 Watt
increments. The wattage that you set will be maintained as accurately as possible via
analysis of voltage and current delivery.
Change modes by holding + AND - buttons at the same time for 3 seconds.

S1LV3R

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 2, 2009
Knoxville, TN
obodaour, be careful of the nitecores from fasttech. They have a couple of bad batches they are sending out that get ungodly hot and toast ur batteries. I just got one this week with my third Vamo Kit and it almost fried my new panasonics. Luckily i was sitting there and felt them after about an hr. too freakin hot!!! luckily i have an efest LUC also that works perfectly and finished the charge after i let them cool for the nite.

Also some are getting a very tight draw with protanks on the v3 that they werent getting on the v2 Vamos. I love my protanks and protanks 2 so ive bought more v2's. I like the existing draw and dont want that to change.

retic1959

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 28, 2013
New Orleans , Louisiana
obodaour, be careful of the nitecores from fasttech. They have a couple of bad batches they are sending out that get ungodly hot and toast ur batteries. I just got one this week with my third Vamo Kit and it almost fried my new panasonics. Luckily i was sitting there and felt them after about an hr. too freakin hot!!! luckily i have an efest LUC also that works perfectly and finished the charge after i let them cool for the nite. Also some are getting a very tight draw with protanks on the v3 that they werent getting on the v2 Vamos. I love my protanks and protanks 2 so ive bought more v2's. I like the existing draw and dont want that to change.
Dang I must have got lucky I got 2 nitecores from them last week and I've had no trouble but will keep an eye out in the future thanks for the heads up.

S1LV3R

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 2, 2009
Knoxville, TN
Dang I must have got lucky I got 2 nitecores from them last week and I've had no trouble but will keep an eye out in the future thanks for the heads up.

Yeah i was a little peeved since i decided to get the whole kit this time and heard nothing but good things about the nitecore. RMA incoming!!

obodaour

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 8, 2013
Daytona Beach, FL, USA
Thanks for all the great replies! I found the version with the nitecore charger and sony batteries (appears panasonic has discontinued their batteries). That one doesn't come with the 2 vivi-nova's so I'm just going to get two protank and a pack of replacement heads instead. I'm leaning more towards the v2 because I think it looks nicer and seems like people have had more problems with the v3. Happy vaping!!! :)

Coastal Cowboy

This aggression will not stand, man!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Alabama Gulf Coast
www.ibleedcrimsonred.com
If I were you, I'd get the Vamo tube without the kit, and buy both your batteries and your charger from reputable vendors. The batteries at FastTech are atrociously bad and as mentioned by S1LV3R, the charger is also suspect. Even the other Vamo kit being sold by FastTech has had some charger issues.

I bought my 18650's here:

2X Panasonic 18650 3 6V 3400mAh Rechargeable LI ION Battery NCR18650B 3100 | eBay

And this is the same vendor who sold me my Nitecore charger a long time ago. Still in business:

Nitecore I2 V2 Intelligent Charger Nimh Nicd LI ION 18650 RCR123 | eBay

Both are authentic and first quality.

You will spend more, but cheap batteries and cheap chargers are not the place to cut corners.

Last edited:

S1LV3R

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 2, 2009
Knoxville, TN
Thanks for all the great replies! I found the version with the nitecore charger and sony batteries (appears panasonic has discontinued their batteries). That one doesn't come with the 2 vivi-nova's so I'm just going to get two protank and a pack of replacement heads instead. I'm leaning more towards the v2 because I think it looks nicer and seems like people have had more problems with the v3. Happy vaping!!! :)

Plus a sweet Jwrap fits the v2 nicely!!

yaypudding

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 17, 2013
North of NYC
get an svd instead, I have both the vamo v3 and the svd and I much more prefer the svd. Better build quality and have had no issues with it so far, about 6 weeks. The buttons on my vamo are beginning to rattle and it shuts off randomly sometimes, not to mention the oring issue that is common to all vamo versions. Svd does everything the vamo does but in a better package.

I agree with IBCR. Get your batts and chargers off ebay, they're cheap and you'll know what you're getting. Got 2 efest 18350's for like $12 shipped.

Coastal Cowboy

This aggression will not stand, man!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Alabama Gulf Coast
www.ibleedcrimsonred.com
get an svd instead, I have both the vamo v3 and the svd and I much more prefer the svd. Better build quality and have had no issues with it so far, about 6 weeks. The buttons on my vamo are beginning to rattle and it shuts off randomly sometimes, not to mention the oring issue that is common to all vamo versions. Svd does everything the vamo does but in a better package.

I agree with IBCR. Get your batts and chargers off ebay, they're cheap and you'll know what you're getting. Got 2 efest 18350's for like $12 shipped.

What's the O-ring issue with the Vamo? I'm curious because I've never seen anything about it.

I struggled mightily when deciding which mod to buy last month. I went back and forth, back and forth, back and forth between the Vamo V3 and SVD.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread