Sep 21, 2012
N.N., Virginia

somdcomputerguy

vaper dedicato
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
    njoy/Altria Asks Court to Stop Sales of Popular Disposable Vapes
    "C'mon judges, how do you expect us to monopolize the market if those other guys are around?"

somdcomputerguy

vaper dedicato
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
    Who can Police that?
    Now the suits will start whining about how they'll need more outrageous amounts of taxpayers money so they can battle this new epidemic.

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    Disposable ecigs were around way before the pod craze came along. They weren't a waste problem because vaping wasn't widespread so you never, if ever, saw any laying around.

FDA deserves a lot of blaming for a lot of things, but I don't blame FDA for this. 510 vaping was never meant to last as the vaping market matured. People ALWAYS desire convenience over everything. So I'll lay blame where blame is due here...the consumer. And I bet 90% of those that chuck those vapes out the window would classify themselves as "environmentally focused" citizens :lol:. In reality, though, just virtue-signaling consuming machines. Not the same thing lol.

I'd bet that if there were vape recycling bins on every street, there would still be tons of spent puff bars/pods/coil laying around.

somdcomputerguy

vaper dedicato
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
    I'd bet that if there were vape recycling bins on every street, there would still be tons of spent puff bars/pods/coil laying around.

WorksForMe

Ultra Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 21, 2012
    N.N., Virginia
    I don't think recycling is the whole answer. If governments were concerned about the environment, they would make it illegal to sell anything disposable(for one time use) that has a lithium ion battery in it.

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA

Interesting. I was in Italy in 1997 and one thing that I'll never forget is all the litter, even at beautiful tourist attractions sites. And the virtual mountains of residential trashed piled up in smaller towns. Hopefully things have changed.

WorksForMe

Ultra Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 21, 2012
    N.N., Virginia
    Interesting. I was in Italy in 1997 and one thing that I'll never forget is all the litter, even at beautiful tourist attractions sites. And the virtual mountains of residential trashed piled up in smaller towns. Hopefully things have changed.
    That's the way it was when I was there while I was in the Navy in the early '80s. You had to careful around the piles of trash in the street. Sometime rats as big as cats would come out of them.:shock:

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    That's the way it was when I was there while I was in the Navy in the early '80s. You had to careful around the piles of trash in the street. Sometime rats as big as cats would come out of them.:shock:

lol, I believe it. I never went near the trash. But also oddly enough there was never a smell of trash in the air either.

somdcomputerguy

vaper dedicato
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!

• Informative
    Reactions: JCinFLA

Darksand

Oct 27, 2013
    Europe
    Disposable ecigs were around way before the pod craze came along. They weren't a waste problem because vaping wasn't widespread so you never, if ever, saw any laying around.

FDA deserves a lot of blaming for a lot of things, but I don't blame FDA for this. 510 vaping was never meant to last as the vaping market matured. People ALWAYS desire convenience over everything. So I'll lay blame where blame is due here...the consumer. And I bet 90% of those that chuck those vapes out the window would classify themselves as "environmentally focused" citizens :lol:. In reality, though, just virtue-signaling consuming machines. Not the same thing lol.

I agree to a point, however when it becomes harder to find information of hardware or buy hardware online, it becomes easier to just buy a cheap disposable.

I also think the market became bigger with less available knowledge/info, ergo, buy something cheap.

Users who are viewing this thread