smokie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2009
Brooklyn, New York
www.youtube.com
UltraFire Battery Charger Settings

I bought a UltraFire WF-138 Battery Charger that has two setting switch, 3.0 Volt, and 3.6 Volt settings, both have 250mA output. Now would you charge a 3.0 Volt Battery on the 3.0 setting or the 3.6 setting. The reason I ask is that my other charger for my 3.6 battery uses a charger that has a output of 4.2 Volt 0.45A, this is 7 more Volts than the battery. So my concern is can I charge the 3.0 Volt battery on a 3.6 output setting? or just use the 3.0 setting?

Richie G

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 15, 2009
Lawn Guyland, NY
UltraFire Battery Charger Settings

I bought a UltraFire WF-138 Battery Charger that has two setting switch, 3.0 Volt, and 3.6 Volt settings, both have 250mA output. Now would you charge a 3.0 Volt Battery on the 3.0 setting or the 3.6 setting. The reason I ask is that my other charger for my 3.6 battery uses a charger that has a output of 4.2 Volt 0.45A, this is 7 more Volts than the battery. So my concern is can I charge the 3.0 Volt battery on a 3.6 output setting? or just use the 3.0 setting?

I don't have a switch setting on any of my chargers but the gut feeling here is that if you set the switch to 3 volts for a 3 volt battery it will charge up to 3.x volts. X being analogous to the .7 volt difference between the battery's rated voltage and the actual voltage fully charged on your other 3.6 volt charger.

smokie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2009
Brooklyn, New York
www.youtube.com
I don't have a switch setting on any of my chargers but the gut feeling here is that if you set the switch to 3 volts for a 3 volt battery it will charge up to 3.x volts. X being analogous to the .7 volt difference between the battery's rated voltage and the actual voltage fully charged on your other 3.6 volt charger.

Are you saying that it is a different type of charger then my 4.2 that chargers 3.6 battery's, just do not want the battery's to explode on 3.6 setting if I use it, or forget to switch it back.

Robert

Moved On
Jun 18, 2009
San Diego, CA.
I have that charger. I keep it on 3.0 volt for my 3.0 volt CR2's

That charger also works with CR123's I believe they are 3.0 or 3.6 volt so depending on which voltage CR123's you have- so use the correct setting.

If you have a meter you will see that fully charged on the 3.0 volt setting the CR2's still come off the charger reading 3.2 or 3.3 volts..

I would not attempt to charge 3.0 volt CR2's on the 3.6 volt setting.

smokie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2009
Brooklyn, New York
www.youtube.com
I have that charger. I keep it on 3.0 volt for my 3.0 volt CR2's

That charger also works with CR123's I believe they are 3.0 or 3.6 volt so depending on which voltage CR123's you have- so use the correct setting.

If you have a meter you will see that fully charged on the 3.0 volt setting the CR2's still come off the charger reading 3.2 or 3.3 volts..

I would not attempt to charge 3.0 volt CR2's on the 3.6 volt setting.

You are correct, I finished charging them on the 3.0 setting, and they are reading battery 3.2 on the meter. I just was puzzled because of the 3.6 battery's that I charge on a 4.2 volt charger, may be a different type of charger. Thank you,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread