• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

UK Vaper 2009 Awards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rusty

ECF Veteran
Jun 4, 2009
Yorkshire, England
camvip.webs.com
Ay Up Everyone,

There are to be some UK based vaping Awards 'handed out' at the end of the month on UK Vapers. I see this as a really good way of promoting vaping in the UK for a number of reasons;

1) vaping is still relatively new and looked upon by the majority of our society (smokers and non-smokers) as something more closely allied to illegal drug taking rather than a healthier replacement for smoking. An award would help to legitimise our hobby in their eyes.

2) It will hopefully encourage more smokers to switch to vaping.

3) It will acknowledge the people who have inspired us to stop smoking and keep stopped.

4) It's a bit of fun, a bit like 'Pipe Smoker of the Year'.

This is from that forum;

"Nominations will be taken until 12 pm on Sunday 24 January, at which point polls will be posted for you to vote for your favourite nominees. Voting will be open for one week and will close on Sunday 31 January. There will be 2 winners for each category (1st and runner up).

The categories are as follows -

UK Forum Contributor of the Year
The people in the community (other forums included) who have helped your vaping experience the most.

UK Reviewer of the Year
Text or video reviewers - the people you think have given the best quality reviews.

Vaper of the Year
This category is for you to nominate the people you've come to know and respect in the vaping community, for whatever reason. Not limited to those in the UK.

Best UK E-Juice Vendor
Who provides the best juices?

Best Overall UK Vendor
Which vendors would you rate the best overall? Who is it that you order from on a regular basis for your main supplies?

Best Value for Money in the UK
Which vendors provide the greatest value for money?

Best Innovation of the Year
What items have changed the way you vape for the better?

Best Commercial Mod of the Year
As we currently have so few manufacturers in the UK, this category is a worldwide one."

If you want to contribute, share your experience and make vaping both better and more attractive to the rest of society, here is the link;

The UK Vapers 2009 Award Nominations Thread! - UK Vapers

All the best

Rusty

Last edited:

Rusty

ECF Veteran
Jun 4, 2009
Yorkshire, England
camvip.webs.com
Ay Up Bjorn,

You certainly do not have to be a member of that site to be nominated, but I think you may have to be to nominate and vote - I do not see the problem there though! Perhaps Jackie could clarify this.

Personally, I think these type of Awards should be on a site like UK Vapers, as it is specifically aimed at vapers in the UK and is independent of the many retailers out there.

Rusty

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread