Uh oh ... I think I broke Chiana Chuck

Status
Not open for further replies.

curiousJan

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2009
Central IL
So here's the deal, I'm a bit of a clutz and have knocked my lil Chuck over one too many times, I believe.

It's 510 threaded, and with a carto on snug the carto will still wiggle more than slightly from side-to-side in all directions.

I've got a fresh battery in it and get nothing with a meter (red probe to center post, black to outer threading of the Chuck) and get nothing on the meter. The battery by itself reads 3.75.

Jeff (or anyone), have I knocked the entire atty connector catywompus? Seems like one of the wires has probably come loose to me.

:( I've ordered my 'backup' lil Chuck, but it's not here yet. What's a Chucklehead to do!!??!! Jeff, can I still add that 'incentive' to my order to bump MST3K lil' Chuck any closer to my trembling hands (the thought of being without my Chuck is not settling well, can anyone tell?)

Jan

curiousJan

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2009
Central IL
I hope you get it soon. I have extra chucks for the same reason, know that I would end of reaching for a cig in a panic storm if I was without mine and I came to far to do that.
Do you have vaping back up?

I have 808s ... now that I've had my Chuck for a while though, they just aren't going to do the trick for very long. Hopefully MST3K will be done soon (ordered a couple of weeks ago) and/or Chiana can be fixed quickly!

Thanks, Amy!!

Jan

Poeia

Bird Brain
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 6, 2009
NYC
I have 808s ... now that I've had my Chuck for a while though, they just aren't going to do the trick for very long. Hopefully MST3K will be done soon (ordered a couple of weeks ago) and/or Chiana can be fixed quickly!

Thanks, Amy!!

Jan
Repairs tend to be very fast. The threading on my Little Chuck wore out and it was round trip in less than a week. E-mail Jeff about the problem -- he doesn't check the forum every day.

Small, stock PVs still have a place in my arsenal. There are times when I want/need to hold something lighter. There are also times when I don't want that much power -- like yesterday afternoon when I basically made chain vaping look like abstinence. Even at 6mg, doing that with the power of a Chuck would have knocked me on my ..... But it's only for a few hours at a time and it has to be optional. The idea of being Chuckless is terrible.

curiousJan

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2009
Central IL
Repairs tend to be very fast. The threading on my Little Chuck wore out and it was round trip in less than a week. E-mail Jeff about the problem -- he doesn't check the forum every day.

Small, stock PVs still have a place in my arsenal. There are times when I want/need to hold something lighter. There are also times when I don't want that much power -- like yesterday afternoon when I basically made chain vaping look like abstinence. Even at 6mg, doing that with the power of a Chuck would have knocked me on my ..... But it's only for a few hours at a time and it has to be optional. The idea of being Chuckless is terrible.

Yep, I feel terrible right now ... the 808s are okay, but I'm so use to the weight and feel of my Chuck now, my hands aren't sure what to do with this skinny, little, nasty-stick-size thing :lol:

I've emailed Jeff asking if there's anything else he wants me to check or if he thinks I should clean it out good (over-filler, here :ohmy:) before sending for repair. I also mentioned the newest order and that maybe timing (even without a rush-order/incentive payment) would work well for them to be shipped together even if I need to send Chiana in for surgery.

Cross your fingers for me guys, this Chucklehead is gonna have a hard couple of weeks stalking the postman.

Jan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread