Two questions about cartomizers and the Riva 510

Status
Not open for further replies.

ccclady

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 7, 2011
Northeast USA
Hi all..I just received a new Riva 510 and am liking it alot so far. Since I haven't had any prior experience with cartomizers and didn't order any carto's with my Riva (yet), I'm using it with a drip tip from my Joye 510 and dripping directly onto the atty, (which is what I had previously done with my Joye unit as well, since I had quickly gotten tired of messing about with carts).

I do plan to order some Boge cartomizers for my Riva to try them out, but am wondering...it seems I read here in the forums that alot of folks prefer to continue to use a drip tip along with their carto's, mainly for the convenience of a filled carto lasting alot longer between juice refills or top-off's. Did I read this correctly? Are there any other advantages to using a drip tip in conjunction with a cartomizer?

Last question for now is...does the Riva require any special type of cartomizer, such as one that is larger or comes in a longer length to compensate for the cone? Or can I use any type of 510 cartomizer with it?

Thanks! :)

swedishfish

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 28, 2010
NJ
You can use the Riva with Boge 2.0 cartomizers and a drip tip. I just use the drip tip because it's easier to pop off to top off the carto.

I don't know enough about the low resistance thing to answer which cartomizer is better. When I got my kit it was suggested that I get the 2.0 cartos and I've been using them ever since.

Actually, I have the Joye, my mom has the Riva but we both use boge 2.0 cartos. I have gotten cartos from Ikenvape as well but they were out last time I ordered.

Dougiestyle

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2011
Knoxville, TN USA
I use drip tips with my cartos because it's more comfortable on my lips. It also helps to dissipate heat with the LR cartos. As Swedishfish said, it's more convenient to pop off for topping the cartos off. You'l want to keep the stuffing wet to prevent burning it, as the atty coil is housed in the stuffing.

Riva and eGo both have 510 connectors. I'd also suggest the 510 Boge LR 2ohm cartos. I use them in the evening (when I used to smoke the heaviest). I use 510 CE2 XL cartos through the day for increased capacity. They are a little more tricky to fill (need a syringe), but hold ~2mL vs the .8mL of the Boges. The CE2 XLs are a little longer (not uncomfortably), but the same diameter. Your Riva cone will go over either of the cartos I've discussed.

WomanOfHeart

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 19, 2010
Colorado
I use both the LR 510 and 808 XL cartos from IkenVape. They hold about 55-60 drops of juice and both can be used with a drip tip or with an empty cart. I actually prefer the empty cart because I only use cartos when I'm out running around town, and losing an empty cart is far less expensive than losing a drip tip.

You can use the 808 cartos by getting a 510>808 adapter...just in case you decide to try the cartos from IkenVape. The 808 LR XLs are still in stock!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread