Twisted Messes/Dovpo Mod

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smeef

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2015
Williamsport, PA
Just saw this. Anyone have any info on it yet? It's a collaboration between Twisted Messes and Dovpo, looks like a Guardian, but claims to have an American made chipset. It will fire down to .05 where as the Guardian will only fire down to .1 so it's obviously a different chip than the Guardian. I kind of like the look of this if only the info on the chip were available.

TM 150W – TwistedMesses 150 Watt Box Mod

Graham

Unregistered Supplier
Aug 30, 2011
Orlando, FL
  • Deleted by Misty
  • Reason: unregistered supplier

EvilGenius

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 13, 2014
nj
I just got it and the TM rda black/gold

the rda does not fit snug in fact i can keep spinning it around... it also gets extremely hot using the default wide bore drip tip instead of the delrin tip

the box mod takes 5 seconds to boot up and about the same to shut off but you have to go through a series of button presses and holds to do so, the device is HEAVY! I'm talking like 2lbs with the batteries in it due to being zinc and not steel etc. the locking battery cover is a nice feature however whenever i go to lock it with batteries in, i have to put ALOT of force into it.

there is a 2 second delay when you switch between Temp control nic and titanium and wattage, unlike the gaurdian, it does remember your settings even if you take the batteries out etc.

the buttons and device itself feel nice and because of the rubber protection grip it has a nice feel in your hand (you cannot remove it!) though when i switch back to my sigelei 150, that thing now feels like a piece of paper compared to the weight of the TM box

do i like it? do i regret buying it?

yes and no

looks nice though the logos are a bit extreme being everywhere and large in size but i knew that prior to buying, the weight, i did not

the rda is nice except for the heat reaching the drip tip where it almost burns your lips, you get nice clouds and spilling is less a factor because of the deep 6ml juice well

flavor is pretty good and really different than using another rda like the mutation x v2 which i also use but when i use it in temp control .12 ohms using alien clapton coils, 75 watts or 400-460 degrees F doesnt matter which temp but in that range, the vapor is so hot sometimes i cant pull very long and dont get alot of vapor due to that

Jeremy Schreiber

May 27, 2015
I saw one of these in a local shop (VV vapes in New Jersey - please let me know if I can't say that and I'll edit the post). I thought it was very nice and think the ability to run power mode builds down to .05 is pretty awesome. Personally, I think it is a bit pricey because there are DNA200 mods that are basically at that price, but I will say it is unique and looks to do everything well. Actually, the display set up is pretty similar to the DNA200 if you compare them side by side. By that, I simply mean it has the battery bar to the far left with the resistance,voltage, and temperature stacked to the right of the battery bar, and the power to the right of the other information. The font of the screen is fairly similar too.

EvilGenius

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 13, 2014
nj
there's a few youtube reviews up about it now, just do a search on it, and yup i bought mine from vvvapes, i dont really like it in fact after day 1 i stopped using it :\
i would sell it but i would lose too much money, ive done that before and lost about $60 trying to be "nice"

the billow v2 rta sucks too

edit: i am vaping it now, i tried to adjust the 510 pin on the rda by TM but still spins after it "locks" into place... bad rda imo dont know why it got great reviews, def not the mod making it spin. i am going to vape on them both and see how my opinion changes in a week or so, this box mod is so damn heavy!

Last edited:

Smeef

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2015
Williamsport, PA
there's a few youtube reviews up about it now, just do a search on it, and yup i bought mine from vvvapes, i dont really like it in fact after day 1 i stopped using it :\
i would sell it but i would lose too much money, ive done that before and lost about $60 trying to be "nice"

the billow v2 rta sucks too

edit: i am vaping it now, i tried to adjust the 510 pin on the rda by TM but still spins after it "locks" into place... bad rda imo dont know why it got great reviews, def not the mod making it spin. i am going to vape on them both and see how my opinion changes in a week or so, this box mod is so damn heavy!

I'm kind of lost with "it still spins after it locks into place."

Smeef

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2015
Williamsport, PA
no let me try to re-explain

this rda has the deck, forgot the name but it goes on top of the deck and has the outter casing with the airholes, that part is spinning out of place endlessly so as it keeps turning the coils are out of place

Yeah I understand from your first post. That's normal on RDA's. You can try thicker o rings making the fit tighter of the top cap.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread