TV co-op discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

blkeyedszn

ECF Veteran
Jan 10, 2010
USA
Suzan: It's my understanding, that adding nic (if it's clear) should lighten the juice, not the other way around.

The samples I had (that I also had others of) were just like your photo. The juices in the co-op were noticably lighter. Just like that ^^

I just went through a few others that I had in my stash to compare. All are noticeably lighter.

Burto1945

ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2010
Springfield, IL
Are all the complaints from one certain co-op? If so, which one?

I think most of the complaints are from the TV Co-Op 3(?), the last one (before the current one) that offered all the 'regular' flavors (ie Atomic Cinnacide, Geoff's Blend, etc). I was not in that one, but I was in the 'custom' Co-op, which was 24 custom flavors, 1 by each member of the co-op. There haven't been as many complaints for that one, besides some of the flavors being light. Also for the custom co-op, there is no basis to judge against, as these are all custom flavors. Many are still 'steeping' their juices, too.

shananigens

ECF Veteran
Apr 26, 2010
Michigan
Here's a picture of the goo...I poured a little of the PralinesNCream from Co-op #3 onto a paper towel.
TVCoopGooInJuice.jpg

Burto1945

ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2010
Springfield, IL
Ok i was in Co op #2, and then she did 3 and i think a special order one in between. where the ppl had the choice of what mix of flavors they wanted ... correct me if i am wrong?
and now there is #4..
Missy

You are correct, except the 'custom' co-op was in between the #3 and the current #4. Maybe that's what you said after all, sorry....:D

leannebug

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 5, 2010
the deep south
Ok, so there was
2. missy/bob was in
3. Shannanon and I were in (the goo, jules)
3.5 mixit was in

I found one bottle I had left (the Cherry Cola) and peeled away a bit of the label, held it up to a flashlight. I cannot SEE anything but liquid, but it is very dark. Did you pour it on the napkin without the dropper? I can pour this out, but for now.. I do not see anything else in the bottle, FWIW

Last edited:

shananigens

ECF Veteran
Apr 26, 2010
Michigan
Ok, that is just wrong. If I found that in my bottle I would probably be sick to my stomach. Is that from the third co-op? I need to know.
Yes it is from the third co-op and I have multiple bottoms with this stuff in it, the first bottle I found was before anyone had posted problems...the Key Lime Pie had the most and it got dumped as soon as I got it!

Yeah Leanne I had to take the dropper off the bottle poured it on the napkin and waited for the juice to soak up in the napkin before taking the pic.

Last edited:

blkeyedszn

ECF Veteran
Jan 10, 2010
USA
Ok, so there was
2. missy/bob was in
3. Shannanon and I were in (the goo, jules)
3.5 mixit was in

I found one bottle I had left (the Cherry Cola) and peeled away a bit of the label, held it up to a flashlight. I cannot SEE anything but liquid, but it is very dark. Did you pour it on the napkin without the dropper? I can pour this out, but for now.. I do not see anything else in the bottle, FWIW

You can add me to the 3rd co-op. That's the one I was in.

Adja

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 6, 2010
Michigan
I was in co-op 2, but I had no problems with my juice. All tasted okay to me.

Regarding the color, I have a bottle of AC doubler ordered from the company, and it is nearly clear. Just the slightest touch of yellow.

One thing I wanted to mention regarding the amount of profit that is being made by the co-op operator, is that she must also pay the Paypal fees for the money transactions. She does not do the "gift" thing, she sends a request for payment to her business, so I believe she has to pay a Paypal fee for that. Not sure how much it is.

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
I was a part of co-op 2, regular flavors. I didn't get any goo in any of my bottles but I honestly just didn't care for any of the flavors. I found them to by either bland or overly sweet. I've been letting them "age" since mid-June, no improvement. Even those that were OK were very hard on my cartos.

Just my story, FWIW. I never ordered from TV before because, frankly, there is something about the whole atmosphere at his subforum that makes me feel uncomfortable. The worship of the owner, the owner's diva-like attitude, and the way he talks to people and demands constant adulation and applause, just make me sick, frankly. But what do I know?

Luckily, there are plenty of other vendors who carry better tasting e-liquids and don't behave like they are doing me a favor by letting me buy from them. Just my :2c:.

I was a part of co-op 2, regular flavors. I didn't get any goo in any of my bottles but I honestly just didn't care for any of the flavors. I found them to by either bland or overly sweet. I've been letting them "age" since mid-June, no improvement. Even those that were OK were very hard on my cartos.

Just my story, FWIW. I never ordered from TV before because, frankly, there is something about the whole atmosphere at his subforum that makes me feel uncomfortable. The worship of the owner, the owner's diva-like attitude, and the way he talks to people and demands constant adulation and applause, just make me sick, frankly. But what do I know?

Luckily, there are plenty of other vendors who carry better tasting e-liquids and don't behave like they are doing me a favor by letting me buy from them. Just my :2c:.

I knew i wasnt the only one who noticed that..

LuckyLulu

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2010
Florida
I was in the co-op#3 also. I haven't tried most of the samples yet. Most of the ones I have tried, I don't care too much for. It's probably just my taste though. After reading through this thread I checked my bottles and don't see any floaters in there. Two things I did notice is the off taste of the AC, it has a weird perfumey taste to it. I had a whole bottle of this before and it never tasted like the sample. Second, the sample of caramel popcorn is almost watery clear, the bottle I ordered previously is a bright orange???

autumnbreeze

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2010
Northern Virginia
I wasn't in any of the TV co-ops but I did just purchase some VG and 100mg PG nic juice from VaporingQueen. To my knowledge everything is kosher. Although, I really wouldn't have any way of knowing if the 100mg nic is actually 100mg nic and I haven't tried it yet either. If I find anything suspicious about either of them, I'll let you guys know.

Having said that, I'm betting that what another person (I'm too lazy to go back and look) said is the case; that the juices just didn't have time to steep and come into their proper flavors.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread