Trying to get girlfriend to switch from cigs to vaping.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DebiK

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2014
Georgia
First of all, it's awesome that you are trying to help her!

My hubby (who has never smoked nor vaped) wanted me to stop smoking but never pressured me. (If he had, I would have fought it tooth and nail.)

When I decided to give vaping a try again, I also did NOT pressure myself. (I had tried cigalikes years ago) I told my hubby that I was going to try, but that I fully intended to keep smoking. I HOPED that I could cut back over a month's time. My first full day of vaping, I smoked 5 or 6 cigarettes. I was happy with that and figured if I could do that, it was fine with me. Luckily, on day 2, I made it the entire day without smoking. Before bed, I decided to have that last smoke of the day. It was horrible! Burned my tongue and throat. Tasted horrible! I was done with smoking! Yay! My case is in the minority I do believe, from what I have read here.

I told you all of this for this reason. Please don't put any pressure on her. Take her to the vape shop and let her find things she likes. Get her to try LOTS of flavors. My local vape shop had around 60 flavors at the time and I liked less that a handful of them. I picked a "tobacco" flavor and Mountain Dew. lol I also remember the dreaded vaper's toungue as well. It's like you lose your sense of taste. Let her pick a couple of flavors to help with that. (and make sure she drinks LOTS of water!) I started at 16mg, but quickly learned that was too much for me. It wasn't that the level was necessarily too high, but for me to not smoke, I had to chain vape. I had to go to a lower nic level. If she finds that what she starts with is too high, she can always get the same flavor in 0 nic to bring the level down.

I know you have got a lot of advice on what gear to buy on this thread. I started with an ego styled pen and clearomizer. I have a lot of mods and tanks, but am now happily using a Kanger Subox kit. (well I have a few, lol) You should check out Pbusardo's youtube video on it. With the kit, she can try mouth-to-lung, direct lung, subohming, non subohming, prebuilt coils and a build deck. Pbusardo does an excellent review on it! Please do check it out. It has everything she needs except a battery and juice. I personally use Samsung 25R batteries with it. I don't subohm; I use the RBA deck and build 1.2ohm coils. But she should experiment and find what works best for her. There are many ways to vape!

Please don't hesitate to ask me or the other wonderful members of the forum if you have any questions or if she has problems!

Good luck to her!

~Debi

Reactions: djsvapour
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread