Trying my homemade Nic salts for the first time...36mg/ml strawberry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

charlie1465

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 30, 2014
Roquebrune sur Argens, Var, France
Oh well so caved in and decided to try my homemade nic salts to see whether they were vapeable.

I decided to leave it until after a nights sleep so that I could try my salts with a) a clean palette b)minimal nic in the system and c)no flavour which may skew my taste.

Ok so I injected 2ml of 36mg/ml strawberry salt nic eliquid into my pod and took a few draws. I am using the Rota which I won recently by the way which I think is supposed to have a pretty good flavour. It is an automatic device so the coil heats up as soon as you start inhaling.

First thoughts were that it was a very clean taste. It had a hint of something that I'm not used to which i'm guessing is the nicotine benzoate (nic salt made with benzoic acid) but was by no means off putting or unpleasant.

After 5-6 draws I started to feel that satisfaction that comes when nicotine is in your system. I must state here though there was no huge head rush or other symptom as others seem to report. To be honest I have been a smoker then vaper for 35-6 years so I don't think i would feel that dizzying effect anymore. I didn't used to get it when I smoked either :)

However I think that I could feel the effects of the nicotine getting into my blood stream faster as it is supposed to do with salts although the feeling was quite slight so I couldn't totally rule out a psychological effect arising from my expectancy...if that makes sense.

I know that @Letitia uses a lot of salts (although I do not know at what strength) and she always says that she doesn't notice any difference between salts and freebase in terms of bodily effects........now I think I did but it was only slight and don't forget that I was vaping 36mg/ml for the first time as a salt and at that strength. I usually vape 18mg/ml in my sub ohm set ups so these salts were double the strength. So the effects could actually be the result of the strength rather than the type of nic...i'm not quite sure. Heey @Letitia feel free to comment here if there is anything you can add :)

So in conclusion I would recommend that others try making their own salt nic. I think this will be especially useful for those European vapers like myself for whom obtaining any type of nicotine above 20mg is becoming difficult.

If you need the method you can refer to my thread here...

Making your own DIY salt nic with benzoic acid.

The only advice I would give is to try and purchase the most pure form of benzoic acid that you can and also pay particular attention to the ratio (3:4 BA to nic) because this is very important to achieve the clean tasting and clear results that I did.

Just one more note regarding flavouring I started with a strawberry cream recipe @ half its normal strength so half of 15% eg. 7.5%. I also added another 6% (2g) strawberry sweet (CAP) to the final testing mix. I could clearly taste the strawberry but I felt that it could have done with a higher percentage so I will probablt add more next time. I have seen lots of discussion about the low wattage POD systems needing a high percentage of flavouring and that they are better with the more simple recipes with only a few ingredients.

Anyway, I really hope that this encourages some of you to try making your own nic salts. In my view the pod with high nic is super useful for those times when you need your nic quickly and need to be satisfied for longer,...such as a works conference for example.

Happy vaping ''tout le monde'' :D

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I feel bad for you that you started with Strawberry I suppose the good news is you have nowhere to go but up.

Now that I can vape freebase I won't be doing any nic salt converting, mainly because I don't want to do an exhaustive search on how to do it safely (and I would probably use citric acid anyway) but contrasts. Etc.
Anna

Reactions: bombastinator
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread