TropicalBob must be a snuff connoseur :-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

sheilalynn

ECF Veteran
TropicalBob had mentioned Coffee Bites snuff in his list of ones for me to try. Actually, his list to me was:
1. Dholakia Swiss Chocolate.
2. Dholakia Coffee Bites.
3. She Cherry Menthol.
4. Dean Swift Inchkenneth.
5. Pompadour.
And the link to the post itself: http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/smokeless-tobacco/22003-nasal-snuff.html#post377955
-------------------------

I've now tried all of them except for the Pompadour and have to say this guy picked out some good ones! I believe that the Dholakia Coffee Bites is now called WOW Coffee Bites (still made by Dholakia). He hit that one on the head...it IS like sticking your nose inside some freshly ground coffee beans. Amazing flavor/scent/taste/whatever! Most already know how good the Swiss Chocolate is, but now I'm thinking of what they'll be like mixed. ;) I liked the She Cherry Menthol enough to get a bullet to go along with the small container of it that I got. The Inchkenneth is like a beefed-up version of Quit With Snuff's Sandalwood. Very nice smelling and it does stay a while in the nose.

Like I said, haven't tried the Pompadour yet, but I do have some McChrystals Clove Snuff and liked it alot. So a big :thumbs: to your suggestions to try.

Now a few of my own suggestions for other noobs and not-so-noobs to try. I got to discover some of these through the generosity of a fellow forum member. :)

Fribourg and Treyer's Morocco, Seville

Gawith Hoggarth's Wild Mint, Kendal Brown, Dry Orange (love that one), and Strawberry

Carhart's Sweet Scotch

Lotzbeck Vanilla (I call this one the "hidden gem" of the snuff world)

Ozona Raspberry, and Strawberry

Wilson's Tangerine, Cinnamon, Peach Melba, Rose, and Crumbs of Comfort

Quit with Snuff's Irish Coffee, and Apricot

Zuka Black

Checkerberry

There are others that I really like, but these are the ones that just stick in the mind when I go looking through what I have :p

Last edited:

sheilalynn

ECF Veteran

TropicalBob

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2008
Port Charlotte, FL USA
When I was trying snuffs, I ordered some Toque bullets. Sigh. I use what I buy. I didn't like the Toque snuff, but finished off the refillable bullets so I could load them with Coffee Bite and others. They're great little 1g bullets (about one day's worth of heavy use; two or three days of normal use).

I've almost finished the Dholakia Swiss Chocolate bullet and she She! bullet. Both will get refilled with other snuffs.

Sheila's list is a good one. I've been trying about 36 new snuffs. You know, when people taste food, they use sorbet as a palate cleanser between bites. I need a nasal cleanser between sniffs! They all kind of smell/taste the same after a few hits.

And, no, I don't want to use a neti pot. Freaks me out just seeing it demonstrated.

sheilalynn

ECF Veteran
Great minds must think alike...I actually poured the contents of the Toque bullets into the matching containers and put Dholakia Swiss Chocolate in the chocolate bullet, the Lotzbeck vanilla into the vanilla one, etc. ;-) I still like the Toques, but am now finding them actually a little weak in the scent department! I might order some of their Absinthe though...that one is really starting to grow on me. :)

Edit: Just googled "neti pot"...that thing is scary looking! and the video I found is just weird looking. I did see someone mention saline nasal spray, that might be a little more...useable? :)

Last edited:

Kula

ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2009
Scotland
I use Sterimar nasal spray to clear my nasal passages and sinuses

Sterimar Sea Water Nasal Spray 100ml

The link is to an article about Sterimar for snoring relief (There was no point in me linking UK sites to buy from - I presume you can buy this in the USA).

Sterimar works very well. It is basically just saline solution but it is effective. I only ocassionally snuff (normally McChrystals Highland Ice or Original). For some reason since I started vaping March 09 I feel a bit guilty using Snuff (think because it is a tobacco product).

Anyway give the Sterimar a shot if you can get it.

Kula.

Ps It is a lot easier than using a neti pot!

Last edited:

Enfield

ECF Veteran
Jun 8, 2009
SE Michigan, USA
Awesome list, Sheila.

You've got me wanting to try that Lotzbeck Vanilla! I'm adding that to my wish-list to buy once my self-imposed buying moratorium has been lifted (I'm in the middle of moving). Also on my wish-list are two new Toque Flavors: Peach (of which I tried a sample...fabulous!) and SP Extra. I am an admitted Toque devotee: so fresh, so good, so easily available in large sizes!

My favorites, at the moment, have been blends that I've been tossing together, mostly of warm, foody flavors.

Key Players in these blends are:
Toque Vanilla, Toffee, Espresso, Chocolate, Champagne, Spanish Gem
FUBAR Grunt (which is coconut-y)
American scotches and sweets
Molen's Choco and Choco-L
Dholakia Swiss Chocolate

I adore American strong scotches on their own, particularly Three Thistle, and the British toasts, like Wilson's IHT #22. I never go a day without pinching a scotch or toast.

Sometimes, during the day, I'll also pinch into an SP, like Wilson's SP Best, Strasbourg (my all-time fave SP!), Grand Cairo, or one of the Fribourg and Treyer's.

On florals:
In the evening, I'll often go very floral with Dholakia Ganga or Toque Lavender or Violet (I keep those right at the bedside).
Dholakia Kamal is also exquisite (more incense than floral), and good as an all-day snuffer.
Railroad Mills Maccoboy is a really unique, yet great, moist dark snuff with a subtle rose fragrance.
F&T Princes, or any of the Princes out there are very good and very rose-y.
Wilson's Royal George is in a class by it's own: a very soothing, powdery floral...crap, now where did I stash that tin??

For that special moment once we are somewhat settled in the new house, I have a tiny packet (gifted to me by another generous fellow snuffer) of genuine, honest-to-goodness Spanish Jewel. Wow--that will be a truly special occasion.

Sigh...so many snuffs, so little time...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread