Triton 8 days later

Status
Not open for further replies.

devil495

Dec 6, 2013
Joisey
I started vaping with a G6 on 12/6/13, wanting an ecig like looked somewhat like an analog so that when I went out in public there wouldn't be so many stares and questions. I am very satisfied with it but wanted something more for at home so I ordered a 900 mah Triton (not VV) and a USB charger for it, plus 2 tanks, which I got on Saturday 1/18.

BTW, have not smoked an analog since 12/6 and was a 2 PAD smoker for over 40 years. I have tried a few analogs (maybe 5 altogether since 12/6) but find that after vaping analogs no longer have any taste. It's not that they are disgusting or smell really bad, which I don't experience, just that they have very little taste at all and are not satisfying compared to a vape.

I charged the Triton for 8 hrs as recommended and filled the Triton tanks with Tribecca and Prime 15 and have been using them and refilling them since, usually on an alternate basis, without rinsing them out, so each has been filled about 4-5 times so far. I see no diminution in vapor or taste in either and figure I won't worry about cleaning them until I notice a difference.

The battery itself is amazing and much smaller than I thought it would be. It last me all day and mostly through the next day and recharges very quickly, maybe an hour and a half at most. I feel very confident going out with it (I am at the point now where I really don't care if anyone thinks it looks like I am vaping from a clarinet). The G6 has already become my emergency or backup vape, though my wife uses the G6 and is satisfied with it so I may wind up just giving the batteries to her.

There is no question that the amount of vapor when using the Triton is much more than the G6. The flavors also seem a little improved in my opinion over what I have been using, the G6 mini tanks (which, btw I use with the Triton to either test new flavors or to have a vape of something I don't care to vape a whole Triton tank of like Kringle or Belgian Cocoa).

My only "complaint" (if you can call it that) with the Triton tanks is that I feel I am getting too much air. With cartomizers and mini tanks you have to pull on the ecig much like you have to pull on an analog, but with the Triton tank the draw is so loose that you hardly have to pull at all, resulting, at least for me, in a drag that is much too easy as though I was sucking air through an empty pipe.

So what I started doing was covering one of the two air holes on the Triton tank with my finger while dragging (which essentially requires both hands to vape) and then putting a piece of tape over one of the holes. I find that then the drag is tight enough to be satisfying for me. My question is do any others have this type of experience and if so, how have you dealt with it?

I have seen reviews of tanks (like the Aspire Nautilus) that have adjustments for air intake so that you can essentially dial the size of the air hole(s) for the tank, but cannot use those because they will not fit the Triton. My question to those who might know is whether Halo plans any tanks that will have air adjustments on them, since that seems to be the new wave as far as I can see.

I plan to get a Triton VV next to try different flavors at different voltages, but I do have one more question: I have seen reviews of a Halo Triton pass through but none are for sale from Halo? Did they ever sell it? Was it pulled off their site for some reason such as quality control, etc? I am at a computer almost all day every day and am currently using a G6 pass through with a mini tank but would much prefer a Triton pass through. Any info on that?

Personally I like the fact that with the Triton it takes less effort to draw. Also you have to remember there are multiple reasons to NOT block the air holes. The coil is a heating element, blocking the holes prevents air getting to the coil and doesnt allow the coil to heat up. Air is needed to cool down the coil as well for the next draw. When you draw that aids in the drawing the juice up the wick into the coil keeping it wet. The air holes are an essential part of your vape experience :)

Fenris4024

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2013
Lubbock, TX
For me, the Triton tanks are just about the perfect draw on a triton battery... I don't find them too airy at all, but then again, I used a protank (version 1) for a few months... THAT was an airy draw. I DO have an Aerotank (adjustable airflow, like the Nautilus), and for my 510 stuff, its a great tank, since I can affect how tight or loose my draw is, which for me is essential on a bottom coil tank. I've had one "gurgly" draw off the aerotank, as opposed to numerous gurgly draws off any other type of BCC.

Top coils, I find I prefer the draw on the triton tanks, as if you're not getting enough air into the system, they can get REALLY warm on your lips fast if you're chain vaping. I also think that by blocking an airhole, it seems as though that tighter draw ends up giving a higher throat hit, and perhaps even more nic than what you might want. For me, Halo's liquids have the perfect amount of a TH, as I don't want a sore throat after vaping.

DaveOno

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 27, 2013
Dutchess County, New York
Welcome!!

I think the draw of the Triton is perfect. And yes, if you are used to the mini tanks, I can see your concern. The Triton vapes much easier, the minis tend to draw too hard and hot.

I don't see adjustable air ports coming soon. Halo's mantra is that you don't have to re-engineer anything. Use Halo bats and tanks, and enjoy a near perfect vape.

As other have said, Halo engineered this tank to be just as it is. I don't think I'd like to add a tight draw with all the flavor it produces.

It is what it is. And if you like covering one hole, go for it!!

To the best of my knowledge, Halo doesn't have a pass through to fit a Triton tank. I'm at a pc all day (and night). I have 2 VV and 2 650mAh. It's nice to have 3 sitting at my hand, ready to go with whatever flavor I want at that moment. And I charge from the USB port.

And welcome again.

You are now a Halon!!!!

devil495

Dec 6, 2013
Joisey
Based on the comments here I think it is just a matter of my getting used to the draw on the Triton tanks, compared to the mini tanks, which are probably a bit too hard on the draw (and sometimes too hot as when I vape Belgian Cocoa).

But apparently at some point Halo at least intended to sell pass throughs for the Titan based on this review of a Titan pass through battery by Smoken Joey, starting at about the 7 minute mark

DaveOno

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 27, 2013
Dutchess County, New York
Based on the comments here I think it is just a matter of my getting used to the draw on the Triton tanks, compared to the mini tanks, which are probably a bit too hard on the draw (and sometimes too hot as when I vape Belgian Cocoa).

But apparently at some point Halo at least intended to sell pass throughs for the Titan based on this review of a Tritan pass through battery by Smoken Joey, starting at about the 7 minute mark

I agree about Belgian. The mini is just too hot for it. Same for VooDoo, IMHO. I didn't like it at all in the mini. Plus, both of those juices will gunk the coil quicker than most any other Halo juice, and it's way hard to clean a minitank.

You should be amazed with Belgium in a Triton tank. And a VV will dial in the perfect vape.

I remember watching that vid. SmokenJoey probably got that as a beta test. Halo hasn't released it to the general public. But a little birdie told me (Cinder Ella) that Halo might have some new hardware coming out.

In my opinion, the last thing I need near my pc or laptop is another wire! Some days it looks like a rock concert stage!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread