Tracking shipment from China

Status
Not open for further replies.

SteveS45

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 27, 2016
Long Island, New York
Depending on who you get on the phone at times can make you go ballistic! I have been told that they do not guarantee scheduled dates for International packages and I told the woman it is in USPS hands since XX/XX/XX and the line got quiet and then she said there was nothing she could do. So I called back steaming and got a supervisor on the phone and opened a case. Half hour later I get a call from the manager at my local Post Office and I explained to him what I saw in tracking and what the person told me. He said he would look into it and call me the next afternoon. Package found in Brooklyn and delivered before lunch the next day so he never called.

SteveS45

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 27, 2016
Long Island, New York
USPS has no control or information until it is scanned into the system once it clears customs in this country. They like to say GTH when something is International but get the right supervisor on the phone if there is a problem. Foreign Postal Services do what they do and we can't do anything about it. I had a package from Italy and that showed nothing except it cleared customs and was on it's way until after I got it.

mongo74

I'm your huckleberry.
ECF Veteran
Nov 15, 2016
Ωhmsville
The 5 Stages of Shipping

1 - denial. you can't believe you just paid that much for an item. and can you really justify that shipping cost?

2 - anger. it's been a long time since you got that shipping confirmation, but there's no sign of anything. no slip at the door, or tucked away in a mailbox between bills. not even a beat up shred of cardboard to indicate that it's even close.

3 - bargaining. maybe it's just lost in the system somewhere. maybe it got rerouted. maybe it's taking a vacation, or sitting in customs. if only you'd paid for that tracking...

4 - depression. it's never coming. it's lost forever, delivered elsewhere, returned to sender. you'll never get that package now. what were you thinking? goodbye, mod. it was nice spending so much on you.

5 - acceptance. there's a knock at your door. you open it, and there it is, waiting for you, maybe a little worse for wear. but it's here, and at long last, your agony is complete.

K_Tech

Slightly mad but harmless
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Eastern Ohio, USA
Thanks for the info everyone.
I knew this wouldn't be a speedy process, especially ordering a few days before the New Year.
I heard enough good things about 3F to feel confident ordering from them.
It's just a back up device so there's really no rush.
It does appear to be in the States now, so I'll continue to check USPS periodically.

@K_Tech I also made it a point not to haunt the tracking page. Not easy for me either. :)

There are pretty much two "rules" I follow when ordering from China. First, I order things that are listed as "in stock" or "ships next day". To fasttech's credit, other than the Singpost SNAFU back in late 2013, they've been really good about getting stuff out the door and on its way to me.
Second, I don't order things that I really NEED. Most of my orders over the last two years have been for items like drip tips, o-rings, and replacement glass tanks.

I don't even care anymore I placed an order with Fasttech on Oct 7.2016 still waiting. lol. It's at the point now were Fasttech is giving me the run around, the order was 100 US dollars, Now im just fighting to get a refund.I was kindly told to wait 60 days to determine if the package was lost.
So that to me says were not gonna do anything but wait another 2 months to see if it gets delivered.

NEVER EVER ORDERING FROM CHINA AGAIN . Ill stay within my canadian border for now.

That seriously stinks. Did you use PayPal or a credit card? I'd seriously think about lodging a complaint with whomever handled the financial end of your transaction to see if they'd refund your money. I've never done it with PayPal, but my credit card issuers have been pretty easy to work with.

Reactions: DarrellG

K_Tech

Slightly mad but harmless
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Eastern Ohio, USA
The 5 Stages of Shipping

1 - denial. you can't believe you just paid that much for an item. and can you really justify that shipping cost?

2 - anger. it's been a long time since you got that shipping confirmation, but there's no sign of anything. no slip at the door, or tucked away in a mailbox between bills. not even a beat up shred of cardboard to indicate that it's even close.

3 - bargaining. maybe it's just lost in the system somewhere. maybe it got rerouted. maybe it's taking a vacation, or sitting in customs. if only you'd paid for that tracking...

4 - depression. it's never coming. it's lost forever, delivered elsewhere, returned to sender. you'll never get that package now. what were you thinking? goodbye, mod. it was nice spending so much on you.

5 - acceptance. there's a knock at your door. you open it, and there it is, waiting for you, maybe a little worse for wear. but it's here, and at long last, your agony is complete.
You forgot "disbelief".

I was waiting for a shipment (not vapemail, but it was going to be a rather large box). The package was listed as "out for delivery" on the USPS site. I was at home, sitting in the living room with a perfect view of the street. I saw the mail truck come up the street, he stopped at the mailbox (across the street from my driveway) and moved on. No biggie, because they often use another van for package deliveries around here, I just figured it would be coming on that van.

I walked out to the mailbox to find my mail and a "delivery attempted" slip.

Really? :confused::shock::censored:

I picked my package up at the post office the next morning and mentioned what had happened. I have no idea if my rather polite complaint made it past the mail clerk at the front desk.

SteveS45

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 27, 2016
Long Island, New York
My last Vape Mail was delayed by a day because the regular carrier was off for the day and I am guessing the fill in carrier just did not scan the packages. It showed at the NY Metro destination which usually means I will have it in the next 24 hours or less the day before. Estimated delivery date confirmed that it should have been delivered but the do say the date in just and estimate and not guaranteed.
:eek::mad::-x:shock::grr:

DarrellG

Memba
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 21, 2016
Boston Massachusetts
Not long ago I ordered marmite from Amazon. Surprisingly it was delivered from London, UK. Delivery had taken about the same time as delivery from China (3 weeks) and tracking information was as well very poor. I wonder if USPS is always mysterious in its ways outside US...

Did it show up with the seal broken and a little note inside, "Taste Test Approved by the Queen?" o_O

Someone mentioned PayPal earlier. I'm frustrated with how they operate. They cut off one of my most reliable supplement/nootropic vendors. It appears to be a growing trend. Because we're not adults who can make choices for ourselves after all..:facepalm: It's what prompted me to go the bitcoin route.

Anyway, the shipment arrived today. 12 Days. Given some of these stories, I'll take it. :thumb:

Last edited:

JustWondering1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 29, 2015
Hey all. I was wondering if anyone with experience ordering from China could shed some light on this. I ordered some stuff from 3FVape about a week and half ago. I've been tracking the shipment through the site 17track. It seems like the shipment is out of China and in the States now. The latest info says "United States outbound manifest created," and United States shipment shipped." I'm just wondering if I can expect to get continued detailed tracking info through 17track or if I'll be able to pick up the tracking on the USPS site at some point? Does 3FVape typically email an updated tracking number for transport via the destination carrier or will the original tracking number also be used by USPS? It isn't showing up in their system yet. I'm clueless here. I just want to make sure I'm home when the stuff arrives. Thanks.

I have a package that came from China and landed in Chicago last weekend. Even though it is now in the hands of USPS, I am still able to track it on both 17Track.net and USPS.

Steamix

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2013
Vapistan
FT with the 'free shipping' I had anywhere from 3 weeks to two months.
Never forked over the additional money for having it shipped with one of the express companies.

Free Shipping means they tape your stuff to snail's shell and toss a salad leaf in the approximate direction of your dwellings.

Tracking is also very binary. It's either here or it isn't. Simple. :D

Batteries - and their potential for becoming lively while in transit - has all carriers of goods on their toes.
Gear cooking off in the cargo hold below your feet while cruising 30000 feet above an ocean could really spoil a trip.
So I suspect that they're using a lot of surface transportation as well.

To make things easier, put anything battery in a separate order, so the non-battery stuff usually gets to you faster.

And if you're really in a pinch, local B&M might be a better choice to cover immediate needs.
Remeber the trinity of sourcing: good - fast - cheap.
Only two out of three can be had :)

Reactions: K_Tech
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread