Not open for further replies.

Coastal Cowboy

This aggression will not stand, man!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Alabama Gulf Coast
www.ibleedcrimsonred.com
The secret to using a bottom coil is never letting the tank get even close to empty, and cleaning the atomizer heads after 1-3 tanks of liquid depending on the viscosity of the juice you use.

I have a couple of top coil clear tanks too. I have always had more dry hits with top coils than I have with bottom coil systems. But I also have far fewer leaks with top coils than bottom. As soon as one of my EVOD or MT3's gets below about 1/4 full, juice starts making its way through.

I've adapted a bit by adding a small amount of cotton cheesecloth wick across the top of the main coil/wick twist. That has extended the life of the heads from weeks to a month or more.

Wyld729

ECF Veteran
May 17, 2013
Portage Ind
I don't have enough experience to really comment on top-vs-down. What I think is amusing is that a point someone thinks of as a 'con', I think of as a 'pro'. I use egos and tend to hold them almost horizontally so I suspect a bottom coil feeder wouldn't work for me at all.

Personal preference really! Some swear by the top coils or bottom coils! Or even a specific brand. Out of all the choices available there is something that works for everyone!!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread