Today's annoyance!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

syeroc

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 22, 2013
DSM, IA
Does it annoy anyone else that there seems to be a mindset among some people that if you "quit" smoking by use of a patch, medical inhaler, or gum then you have quit. But if you are vaping an ecig then you are "still smoking".

Never mind that some people chew that nic gum everyday for years. They have quit smoking. Me...the guy that is vaping the eliquid that smells amazing and bothers no one...I still smoke because there is vapor coming out of my mouth.

I get that some people just don't understand and need to be educated. But its the ones that even after explaining it to them still say..."you still smoke if you ask me". That's the ones that make me want to scream :evil: . Sorry for the rant!

You may now continue with your regularly scheduled program.

serenity21899

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 18, 2013
Antioch IL
Some people, especially non-smokers, just don't get the concept. My husband and I went to visit some friends recently. They don't smoke at all. Husband knew what e-cigs were because a co-worker of his has a Blu. Wife has never seen one. So, I break out the old ProVari, and I explained how they worked and that they were a lot safer than cigs. I was able to vape in their home, which was really cool. They liked the juice I had that day. People just need an explanation to understand what you are doing.

Another day, I was at a Chinese buffet. I ran into a guy with a Vamo hanging around his neck, with a big ol' RBA on top. My first sighting of another vaper in 6 months. We got to talking and he has recently run the Chicago marathon. It was really cool. I realized that hiding my ProVari may not be the best way to educate others. I have the lanyard but I don't use it often. And people cannot ask questions if they don't see it.

Things are not going to change unless we make an attempt to educate people about the wonderful world of e-cigs.

mooreted

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 10, 2011
California
Little secret (shh, don't tell anyone) many people aren't very bright.

:(

Does it annoy anyone else that there seems to be a mindset among some people that if you "quit" smoking by use of a patch, medical inhaler, or gum then you have quit. But if you are vaping an ecig then you are "still smoking".

Never mind that some people chew that nic gum everyday for years. They have quit smoking. Me...the guy that is vaping the eliquid that smells amazing and bothers no one...I still smoke because there is vapor coming out of my mouth.

I get that some people just don't understand and need to be educated. But its the ones that even after explaining it to them still say..."you still smoke if you ask me". That's the ones that make me want to scream :evil: . Sorry for the rant!

ScottP

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Houston, TX
People just need an explanation to understand what you are doing.
Some people live in denial and think they are right about everything, regardless of how wrong they are proven. They will ignore facts, pictures, reports, and common knowledge all to hang on to their own internal narcissistic belief that they cannot be wrong. Some people just get confused if you try to explain anything more complicated than a door knob.

I have no problem explaining things to people but if I discover they belong to one of the two types mentioned above. They quickly go on /ignore.

Iffy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 3, 2011
Florida Suncoast
Seriously?!?!? Why G-A-S 'bout what others say?!?!? If 'their' comments don't affect my family, sex life, pay check or gas mileage, eff 'em. Don't let 'em raise your blood pressure. BTW, mine has drop to well within normal range since vaping.
snoopy.gif

Killowatt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 13, 2013
Florida

I have a younger sister that knows everything, just ask her. That's exactly what she said to me, when we went to see Mom for Mothers Day. I tried to educate her, but she wouldn't even listen, her mind was made up. I need to learn to avoid her at all costs.

ScottP

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Houston, TX
I have a younger sister that knows everything, just ask her. That's exactly what she said to me, when we went to see Mom for Mothers Day. I tried to educate her, but she wouldn't even listen, her mind was made up. I need to learn to avoid her at all costs.

You shouldn't have to avoid family members just because they don't approve. Just let them know you do not need their approval, nor do you care to have it and they need to just have a coke and a smile and shut the F up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread