Tobacco flavors that don't taste like tobacco

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vaslovik

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Jul 5, 2013
This is something I've been meaning to post about for some time, that the tobacco flavorings and tobacco flavored juices I've bought really do not taste anything like tobacco. I suppose they make some effort to approximate the taste of various tobaccos, but so far I've had only one juice that did in fact taste like a good tobacco, and now I can't get that anymore.

I bought some tobacco flavorings from Mt. Baker, and other flavorings too, and none of them really seem to taste like what they are labeled. The RY4 has a spicy taste, but not a tobacco taste, at least not on my taste buds, and the Virginia Fire Cured Tobacco tastes like peaches to me, and the USA blend tastes like hazelnut. Others tell me it smells like that, and waffles, but it does not taste like tobacco to me at all.

Juices that I've bought that were supposed to be tobacco rarely tasted like anything even close. One called Desert Ship tasted like pine needles, and so did a couple others I got. I'm not sure how pine needle flavor equates to tobacco, but I guess someone thinks it does.

So what, do I have mutated taste buds, or should I find a different kind of tobacco flavoring? I thought MBV was a very good vendor, but the flavorings I have gotten from them so far don't really taste like what they are labeled. I got some macadamia nut flavoring from them that tastes like onions. I'm not kidding.

Judging from all the great reviews they get online, I'm seriously worried my taste buds are very messed up.

white88stag

Aug 16, 2013
Houston, TX
I think you're searching for something that is either, A: A huge secret, or B: Non existent.

To skip all the standard mumbo jumbo about how vaping is not smoking - I can say I have tasted this illusive analog tobacco flavor. Closest I've found is Green Smoke's Absolute Tobacco. Just like an analog (not lying or overrating) and/or a rollie cigarette. No vanilla crap or ashtray taste, no "slight hint of spice".. Just the exact flavor of placing dry analog tobacco in your mouth.

I've tried it all. Almost every method every person has claimed to get a true analog flavor to no avail. Not even close.

I currently vape my personal mix, RYPoor. Nothing snazzy, just RY4D with acetyl pyrazine.

Stosh

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2010
Nevada
The tobacco DIY flavors and pre-mixed juices actually do taste fairly close to tobacco, un-burned tobacco. As a former cigar smoker the flavors do remind me of the flavors of the cigar end in my mouth, NOT the cigar smoke which was very different. I've never found any flavoring that tastes like the smoke, and have settled for the raw tobacco taste when I'm in that mood...:)

Reactions: T0dd7illa

Vaslovik

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Jul 5, 2013
I think you're searching for something that is either, A: A huge secret, or B: Non existent.

Well then, I'm glad someone finally told me. This will save me a lot of money. There was, however, a Turkish I used to get that was very good, and did in fact taste like tobacco, so I know it can be done. I can no longer get that juice though, (sad story).

To skip all the standard mumbo jumbo about how vaping is not smoking - I can say I have tasted this illusive analog tobacco flavor. Closest I've found is Green Smoke's Absolute Tobacco. Just like an analog (not lying or overrating) and/or a rollie cigarette. No vanilla crap or ashtray taste, no "slight hint of spice".. Just the exact flavor of placing dry analog tobacco in your mouth.

I've tried it all. Almost every method every person has claimed to get a true analog flavor to no avail. Not even close.

Then shouldn't they all just stop calling their juices tobacco flavors?
I mean none of them even taste like tobacco, so they are just saying that to get people to buy them, and that's just not right. And, it's not just tobacco flavors, when I get macadamia nut that tastes like onion that's not right either. It would seem that buying juices and flavorings is really quite the hit and miss proposition.

I have some peanut butter flavoring on the way from MBV, and now I have to wonder what that will really taste like. I'm certainly not going to buy Green Smoke's Absolute Tobacco, since you have to buy it in their pre-filled cartridges. Fergeddit! If I can't put it in my RBA I have no use for it.

Last edited:

dannyv45

ECF DIY E-Liquid Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 12, 2013
New Jersey
www.e-cigarette-forum.com
You are correct. It is very hard to find a true tobacco flavor especially if you are recently from the analog cigarette world. I battled this same thing when I first took up vaping and I found a few that were close but these were few and far in between. I actually resorted to extracting some of my RYO cigarette tobacco from my rolling days which were as close as I came but they were all atty killers. I've resorted to finding flavoring that tasted as close as possible and added tobacco absolute to try to get even closer. Now that I've been analog free for a while it's not as important to me now but I do feel your pain. As mentioned earlier the Hangsen flavorings are as close as I've found to real tobacco. The hangsen USA red may be a good choice for you if your looking for an analog ashy taste like most USA cigarettes.

djsanchez

Moved On
Nov 2, 2013
Baltimore MD
  • Deleted by classwife
  • Reason: Unregistered Supplier

JD1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 20, 2010
KY
What Stosh said pretty well sums up my experience as well. The good news is that your taste buds will probably change and you should be able find something you like in the synthetic flavors. I've wound up liking several of them.

In the mean time, I'd suggest trying some of the nut flavors for something enjoyable while you continue your tobacco search. You may not like them like I do, but you never know until you try. They can be used in food so they shouldn't go to waste even if you don't care for them.

Back to the tobaccos, another flavor that I plan on trying is the TFA M-type which is based on the molecule Tabanon. It gets mixed reviews but I figure it's worth a shot.

Rin13

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2011
Ohio
www.youtube.com
I extract my own tobacco as well... but I don't have any place to locally get anything good like what you're talking. Kentucky Select sells organic loose tobacco. That's about as good as it gets for me.
Flavor wise, I like RY1 from Hangsen... Parliament from Vaping Zone... Both taste similar to cigarettes to me and anyone I've let try it.
Cigar wise, Vaping Zone is the place. Black Cigar and regular cigar. French Pipe is pretty good too

white88stag

Aug 16, 2013
Houston, TX
DJ, would you mind sharing your method? Maybe a tutorial to the final product?
I'm very interested.

Thanks

Also very interested in this. Assuming if it's a 50 day extraction, it's soaked in pg/alcohol solution? Wild guess from the minimal research I've done on the subject.

I've got some Naturally Extracted Tobacco on its way and I will post an unbiased review. Understand it's an atty killer so I'm attempting to find a sweet spot to avoid using such a large percentage (suggested 25%)

Ramjet

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2013
USA
joekittock.blogspot.com
You have to be up early in the morning to get a hold of this, but it's worth it. Maybe it's in my head, although this seems to be the closest I found to tobacco. Over five months into vaping and I still don't like sweets or fruits. Nope, I'm not giving up the bitter taste of tobacco.

I've found that Ahlusion, Devil Dog tastes as close to my old smokes as I could find. It's described like this;
Tired of artificially flavored "tobacco" juices? Try some Devil Dog! A bold and uncompromising blend based on Virginias, Burleys, Latakias and a hint of Perique.

And further more; WARNING: Do not get this or ANY Premium blend available on Ahlusion if you're expecting yet another flavored "tobacco"! These are bold and uncompromising blends! Our Premium blends are not for the casual "tobacco" vaper.

I've found NET or WTA liquid to be closest to tobacco I could find. Devil dog is a NET product and I pretty much stopped searching after finding this. Now, perhaps after my first four months of testing all kinds of juice, my tongue became confused and I settled on this:confused: That is a possibility. As a matter of fact, I maybe in denial after depriving my self. After 38 years of burning tobacco through a straw:blink: like paper tube, my judgement may be a bit skewed.

Anyway, thought I should give my :2c: If you happen to try this or find another that satisfies you, please respond in kind to your thread:) and let us know how your doing.

white88stag

Aug 16, 2013
Houston, TX
You have to be up early in the morning to get a hold of this, but it's worth it. Maybe it's in my head, although this seems to be the closest I found to tobacco. Over five months into vaping and I still don't like sweets or fruits. Nope, I'm not giving up the bitter taste of tobacco.

I've found that Ahlusion, Devil Dog tastes as close to my old smokes as I could find. It's described like this;
Tired of artificially flavored "tobacco" juices? Try some Devil Dog! A bold and uncompromising blend based on Virginias, Burleys, Latakias and a hint of Perique.

And further more; WARNING: Do not get this or ANY Premium blend available on Ahlusion if you're expecting yet another flavored "tobacco"! These are bold and uncompromising blends! Our Premium blends are not for the casual "tobacco" vaper.

I've found NET or WTA liquid to be closest to tobacco I could find. Devil dog is a NET product and I pretty much stopped searching after finding this. Now, perhaps after my first four months of testing all kinds of juice, my tongue became confused and I settled on this:confused: That is a possibility. As a matter of fact, I maybe in denial after depriving my self. After 38 years of burning tobacco through a straw:blink: like paper tube, my judgement may be a bit skewed.

Anyway, thought I should give my :2c: If you happen to try this or find another that satisfies you, please respond in kind to your thread:) and let us know how your doing.

Thanks a lot. I will definitely posting a follow up on this. It should be coming in next week sometimes. I got the Spirit blend and Gold. Here's to a real analog taste... Cheers.

white88stag

Aug 16, 2013
Houston, TX
ok.. im really sorry for not following up but here's the unofficial run down on NET.

I got the flavors, Big Spirit and Gold (i think). Smelled very slightly sweet.. almost no smell at all.
Big Spirit is the only one I've tried..

Mixed it at 20% on 50/50 PG/VG.. Tasted like.. dry.. kinda analog tobacco. Not exactly like it.. but it harnesses what people are looking for I believe. Slightly sweet notes, but mostly dry, "tea like" flavor.. when you're looking for that analog taste, it barely breaks through every now and again.. and thats at 20%. My brother thinks its the perfect base.. I'm still not sold on it. More so, its too damn expensive and the SHIPPING is RIDICULOUSLY slow (3 weeks in the USA).

Bottom line:

Go buy all natural tobacco (untouched and no chemicals) that's been cured as you like. Make your own extractions and profit from not having to buy someone else's. Sorry, but it wasn't what I was looking for and definitely did not have a purfumey, tobacco taste. Again, just dry and bland.. kinda like TFA coffee extract. Maybe it was the flavor, but Big Spirit is most recommended from my research.

For reference: I dont like Dekang (vomit), DK Tobacco, Bobas is overrated, cant find anyone that makes a nice banana (non laffy taffy) or apple flavor (like Liqua), and I prefer very light tasting juices. That should give you a little insight on my pallet. Love Ry4 and variations of menthols.

Any questions, please do not hesitate. I know the frustration but have pretty much given up on finding a tobacco flavor because most of them suck, bad. GreenSmoke "Absolute Tobacco" is the closest to an analog I've tasted. Just my experience.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread