Tobacco Flavored E-liquid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fisheeboy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 16, 2013
Colorado, USA
I currently smoke a pack and a half of marlboro red 100s a day. So as you can see I might be just a little weary.

The important thing is that your taking steps to get away from smoking. And the steps you are taking are the right ones. IMO vaping is the best way to get away from cigs all together. vaping is fun and it is worth all the experimenting and even the frustrations that come with it. Having this forum as a resource will help you tremendously. So you deserve a huge congratulations for what you have accomplished already.:toast:

peraspera

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 2, 2012
midwest
Are there any sites you can recommend for high quality NET juices?

I'm looking for the smokey burning tinge with a tiny bit of ashtray. :)
I'll give both Goodejuice and Halo a look. Thank you. < 3

Ahlusion has excellent NETS. The Wildwoods have smokey notes. Devil Dog is an aromatic that is a strong, in-your-face tobacco. I've not tried it and I don't know of anyone who uses it for anything like an ADV. However, it might scratch the yearning for a cigarette itch for you as an occasional vape to work through cravings.

It's really not possible for any juice to replicate the exact taste of burning tobacco leaves so it's best to concentrate on juices that stand on their own as something you enjoy rather than hanging on to the notion that you can find something that tastes like cigarettes.

JTrain23

ECF Veteran
Jan 21, 2014
Lubbock, TX, USA
Banana nut bread sounds really good. I am just really worried that if I don't get a tobacco like taste to start with before I begin weaning down my Nic level, that I won't make it past a couple of weeks. I'm a terrible chain smoker and unfortunately in a disgusting, unhealthy love with the analog flavor.

I thought this too. However, after trying some other flavors and vaping them a few days, I couldn't stand the taste of regular tobacco anymore. I was a 2PAD Marlboro Reds smoker for about 20 years.

peraspera

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 2, 2012
midwest
So because of the amount I used to smoke (pack and half of reds a day) should I be getting 24mg or 18mg?

Try both. Those are good levels to with which to start. Unfortunately, there doesn't seem to always be a direct correlation between how much someone smoked and what nicotine levels work best.

Start with the 18 mg. and use the 24 mg. if you have cravings. Some people find that nicotine causes insomnia. If that is the case you might want to vape 12 mg. or even lower in the evenings.

Also, give yourself about 20 minutes time to vape through cravings. That's how long it takes for your body to convert the nicotine in vapor to a usable form for your body to use. With smoking the nicotine hit is instantaneous.

wildxcard

ECF Veteran
Feb 9, 2014
Massachusetts
Try both. Those are good levels to with which to start. Unfortunately, there doesn't seem to always be a direct correlation between how much someone smoked and what nicotine levels work best.

Start with the 18 mg. and use the 24 mg. if you have cravings. Some people find that nicotine causes insomnia. If that is the case you might want to vape 12 mg. or even lower in the evenings.

Also, give yourself about 20 minutes time to vape through cravings. That's how long it takes for your body to convert the nicotine in vapor to a usable form for your body to use. With smoking the nicotine hit is instantaneous.

I'm pretty sure I already have insomnia. Lol. So what you are saying is unlike with a cigarette vaping takes more time to give the same effect? Even at an 18 or 24mg level?

DeathBYzombieZ

ECF Veteran
Feb 9, 2014
United States
I've done some poking around in the E-juice section of the forum, but can't seem to find what I'm looking for. I'm switching from analog to vaping and I'm searching for a ciggarette like, tobacco taste? I was recommended AVE's 555 and Gamel by a friend of mine but I was wondering if there was anything closer to the taste out there or if anyone had any reccomendations? I'm not looking for a cigar-like or pipe tobacco like taste.

Boba's Bounty from AVE. That's all you need.

peraspera

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 2, 2012
midwest
I'm pretty sure I already have insomnia. Lol. So what you are saying is unlike with a cigarette vaping takes more time to give the same effect? Even at an 18 or 24mg level?

Yes, it definitely takes more time to feel the effects of nicotine with vaping than with smoking. When I first started I made a point of taking two or three puffs every ten to fifteen minutes or so to prevent any nicotine crashes. I smoked 2 1/2 packs a day and never had cravings but many people do.

Unless you need to quit instantly for medical reasons I think it is a superior strategy to focus on getting gear and juice you truly enjoy before fretting much about quitting cigarettes. It's a very basic psychological principal to associate positive things with behavior we want to encourage. Feeling deprived because one's gear or juice sucks doesn't work well for doing that.

Mazam

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2013
Florida
Ahlusion has excellent NETS. The Wildwoods have smokey notes. Devil Dog is an aromatic that is a strong, in-your-face tobacco. I've not tried it and I don't know of anyone who uses it for anything like an ADV. However, it might scratch the yearning for a cigarette itch for you as an occasional vape to work through cravings.

I personally found the wildwoods to be rather sweet. Sweet in a good way as far as my tastes preferences go (i actually ordered a refill of the Apple after trying 5ml), but most i know firsthand get more "Apple Jacks" out of it then "tobacco".

Devil Dog on the other hand is a completely different beast. As i posted in another thread today, 70pg/30vg of that pretty much hits as close to the real cig mark as anything i've personally seen or tried.

Thursby

Feb 10, 2014
Texas, USA
To be honest, I'm considering 36mg. With 24mg I still vape pretty much all day like a fiend... at home, at the office, driving, whatever. Perhaps the only place I don't vape is when I'm in court... and sometimes I even bend that "rule" if the judge hasn't taken the bench yet. :unsure:

Well, in my experience, yes... but not that much more time. When I wake up in the morning is the worst. My habit for years was wake up, shower, and have that first cig with a cup of coffee. After the first drag, the voices in my head would begin to subside and thus began the return to sanity. With the same morning routine, but substituting vaping, it takes a few minutes after the first couple drags for my brain to realize that it can stop screaming at me.

Last edited:
I currently smoke a pack and a half of marlboro red 100s a day. So as you can see I might be just a little weary.

I get where you're coming from, I really do. I smoked 2 packs of pall mall light 100's a day on average. So you are definitely used to a stronger taste, but I was a chain smoker for over 20 years, lol, and I loved smoking and i'm 10 days without a cig now. I even ordered some stuff that is designed to taste like a pall mall from some ejuice vendor, though by the time I received it I had started trying flavors. I began with a carmel macchiato when I bought my kit along with some tobacco flavor called broadstreet that the local dfw vapor carried, and for a week or so I just vaped some while smoking some, cutting back a bit on the analogs. I found I really loved the coffee so much and then I tried atomic fireball and that was great, and then I got banana nut bread and my pall mall alike juice finally arrived, and I thought as I opened it, Oh wow,, I hope this isn't ....ty, b/c that broadstreet I've hardly touched, lol. Turns out it wasn't bad, not much flavor and really it didn't even taste like tobacco and I got a ton of it, but I can always use it later, lol, but by this time I was looking forward to gourmet ejuices from rocket fuel and let me tell you, everything I sampled from them I loved, and I did get their tobacco but I gravitated to these others and I wouldn't have dreamed 3 weeks ago I'd be telling you my favorite is Pear with hints of fig and blueberry, lol, but it's just awesome. Love Potion #9.

You may take a little longer, but don't knock flavor, as your tastebuds return and you realize you'e getting the nicotine regardless, all the sudden a whole world of adventure opens up right on top of your little tongue, and you'll soon be longing for shipments of things like strawberry cupcake zombie apocalypse from alise in vapeland or chai tea and creme brullee or blackberry cobbler, who knows where your favorite may end up lying at, lol, and they may just be tobacco but it seems a lot of us get over the tobacco thing pretty quickly. Now don't get me wrong, I love that flavor profile and one of my favorite juices so far is boba's bounty but it also has things beyond just tobacco, it's a complex creature.

Good luck in your journey regardless

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread