Toasting Tobacco

Ingenero

Feb 3, 2023
So, I love the flavor of my cigar NETs, but there was something lacking which I wanted to try to get - a bit more of that smoky flavor I love in burning cigars, hopefully enough to offset the sweetness you get from glycerin and PG. So I decided to try something I hadn’t seen before - toasting the stuff. I shredded a cigar that made a great NET, pulled out my old toaster oven, put the tobacco on some aluminum foil, and gave it a mild toast cycle.

I’ll report back on how it comes out, but I have a warning if anyone else finds this idea interesting - it will smell up your house. Quick. I didn’t burn anything, didn’t even toast it a huge amount, but the smell spread quickly and everywhere. Fortunately I had the foresight to do this outside of the kitchen, so I was (largely) able to contain the smell, and I’m airing out the room as I type this (and have been doing so for a couple of hours). But, if anyone else has the same idea, do it out on the porch. Even using the garage would stink things up. Now I see how Big tobacco was able to sell some people on “Heat not burn” products - even far short of those temperatures the smell just pours off of the stuff. No smoke whatsoever, but tons of heated tobacco scent.

Users who are viewing this thread