TIPS & TRICKS - Troubleshooting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staceylt40

ECF Veteran
Jan 14, 2012
East Texas
Okay.... asking for advice:

yesterday I noticed my Volts have a very Airy draw. To the point of being very annoying! I tried to wipe the threads and clean them like SteelJan suggested in her video on cleaning them. But they are still very airy. I can put my finger over the holes and get a good draw. I know that can't be safe, just because it will heat up fast. but... how can I fix it?

Imagine

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2011
OHIO USA
www.SmokelessImage.com
you can try turning your carto ever so slightly.. the holes might not be in perfect alignment...this might help...

yesterday I noticed my Volts have a very Airy draw. To the point of being very annoying! I tried to wipe the threads and clean them like SteelJan suggested in her video on cleaning them. But they are still very airy. I can put my finger over the holes and get a good draw. I know that can't be safe, just because it will heat up fast. but... how can I fix it?

crbrown

ECF Veteran
Jan 25, 2011
Kansas

It could also be due to old cartos, try a new one and see if you get the same results.

Staceylt40

ECF Veteran
Jan 14, 2012
East Texas
I changed the cartos to brand new ones. tighten, loosen. Still airy. But its on all 3 batteries, not just one. One of which is the silver one I just got 2 days ago. Not sure what the problem is. They are clean, fresh and still airy. I will mess with them again tomorrow. It's almost 10pm and its been a long day. Probably fixin to call it a night.

Imagine

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2011
OHIO USA
www.SmokelessImage.com
hmm also considering this was not happening before right?

maybe taking slower smoother drags?

I changed the cartos to brand new ones. tighten, loosen. Still airy. But its on all 3 batteries, not just one. One of which is the silver one I just got 2 days ago. Not sure what the problem is. They are clean, fresh and still airy. I will mess with them again tomorrow. It's almost 10pm and its been a long day. Probably fixin to call it a night.

Staceylt40

ECF Veteran
Jan 14, 2012
East Texas
hmm also considering this was not happening before right?

maybe taking slower smoother drags?

The newest one has done it since I got it (silver). Its the worse one. The black one was not doing it before at all. Just started. The pink one has been hit and miss. The black one was my first Volt and have loved it the most. Both for looks and performance.

J Beard

Oct 10, 2011
Maryland U.S A.
Tip #2
I sometimes have a battery that doesn't want to charge when I thread it in to the charge adapter.
Wiggle the center post of the battery a few times with a tooth pick or similar item.
(I use my dental pick in the center hole as all of my automatic batteries are of the old style)
(a tooth pick I would wiggle from the sides so it doesn't break off in the hole)
Apparently the center post can get recessed at times by the cartomizer, this allows it to float back up to where it belongs and make good contact with the charge adapter.

rave

* Resident Wood Nymph *
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 20, 2009
Raven's Haven, Indiana
Okay - As requested I have put together simple pictoral instructions on how to remove the filler from a Volt cartomizer. This is really handy if you have a sealed or manual battery and you want to test juices without filling an entire carto.

This is a Volt carto that needed to be cleaned without the end cap. Now I won't have to clean it! That little glob in the core is just a piece of filler.

DSC03976.jpg

Use a pointy object to locate the end of the filler material which wraps around the central core (like toilet paper). Pull the end up gently.

DSC03979.jpg

This just shows a little better that I have located the end.

DSC03981.jpg

I put my fingertip over the center part and gently pull the filler up as it unwinds. It may not be necessary, but I don't want to pull up the center.

DSC03982.jpg

Remove the filler.

DSC03984.jpg

Remove the material which hugs the central core.

DSC03985.jpg

All done! You can clean it if you like, or rinse it, or just blow it out.

DSC03987.jpg

I removed the black outside sticker to expose the stainless tube and removed any remaining adhesive with Goo Gone. Then I gave it a light rubbing with fine sand paper and added a Tester label just for fun.

DSC03988.jpg

rave

* Resident Wood Nymph *
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 20, 2009
Raven's Haven, Indiana
omg! Do you have any idea how many blanks I have filled and are just sittin there because I hated the flavor? UGH! This will be awesome. Can't wait to get home and try it. :eek:) thanks.

I see how to take out the filler. But where do you drip? down the side?

Yep, just dribble a couple down the side avoiding the central tube. :)

CloveHunter

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 7, 2012
NYC
The newest one has done it since I got it (silver). Its the worse one. The black one was not doing it before at all. Just started. The pink one has been hit and miss. The black one was my first Volt and have loved it the most. Both for looks and performance.

Did you solve the problem? Have same problem too (but if I close the hole between the batt & carto, it works beautifully p great drag, good vapor etc); kinda disappointed since this is my first Volt battery :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread